Movies about SP

Luke1993

One Hour Photo? The main character is very socially awkward in that and has no friends or family and ends up stalking this family. I liked it because I think I was so much like the main character played by Robin Williams.

FOR REAL

Banned
One Hour Photo? The main character is very socially awkward in that and has no friends or family and ends up stalking this family. I liked it because I think I was so much like the main character played by Robin Williams.

aye luke, "one hour photo" well remembered:)

Deerhunter

Punch Drunk Love with Adam Sandler playing a serious role, he has anger outburst too, may be my favorite movie.

Charlie Kaufman captures what it's like to have Social Phobia. Check out Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, and Adaptation.

brokenfingers04

I got 2 for ya:
Love Object is a sick horror film with a twisted ending. Lars and the Real Girl is twisted but really funny comedy.

recluse

Yes! He reminds me of me in a way. I felt sad for him in the film because when he did what he did in that hotel he was doing what he thought was right, by teaching the guy a lesson for not appreciating the life he wanted to have.

Weirdo

I felt really uncomfortable watching R.Williams in OHP, he was SO awkward *shudders* and I felt sorry for him.

I got 2 for ya:
Love Object is a sick horror film with a twisted ending. Lars and the Real Girl is twisted but really funny comedy.

Yeah i agree with you about Lars and the Real Girl. It was pretty weird, but definitely worth watching for the great humour::p:

Pookah

I didn't understand why the girl in Lars and the Real Girl might want to be in a relationship with the Lars character after he had to be coaxed into ending a relationship with a doll.

brokenfingers04

I didn't understand why the girl in Lars and the Real Girl might want to be in a relationship with the Lars character after he had to be coaxed into ending a relationship with a doll.

Well, some girls are more understanding than others and u can't fight love....???.
LOL. I can't get the church scene out my head. When he first brings the "Real Girl" there.

EgoZero

Fight Club - main character in the begining has maybe not SP, but depression definately.
American Beauty - Thora's Birch character seems to have SP and probably depression.
Into the Wild - no sp or anything, but it might be an inspiring movie for all of you and I saw that one guy is already planing to do the same as in this movie. :)
A Beautiful Mind - main character is a genius who is socially akward.
Late Night Shopping - cool British movie about how comfort zone is bad for us and also one character seems to might have sp and some other problems, epsecially with girls.

philly2bits

I'd put Taxi Driver on the list. Of course there seems to be alot more then just SA dealt with in that movie.

theblank

I'm watching the John Candy film Only the Lonely and the female lead who he goes out with suffers from social anxiety. She puts makeup on dead people for a living and seldom interacts with anyone. She also lacks social skills and is extremely awkward on their first date. At the end of the date she confesses she has a problem that is beyond shyness and is trying to get over it.

It's worth checking out.

Kathryn

There is a great show about agoraphobia/ social phobia called Welcome to the NHK. I'm sure you'll be hooked after the first episode =)