Most ridiculous times to be anxious?

shyguy210

I get anxious even when someone friendly says hi to me in public places. Any stranger is a potential trigger of my anxiety. I have no problem walking and minding my own business, but as soon as someone tries to talk to me, my anxiety perks up and self defenses are activated.

same here! I have more issues with people i know.. meeting them make me anxious but now even strangers make me anxious..it's getting worse.. i thought i was getting better(as i got familiar with hiding techniques i guess that made me believe i was better) but actually it's getting worse

theoutsider

My car is going to explode when I drive it into the garage.

That my life is some sort of cosmic play like the Trueman show.

That I didn't pass my university degree and will have to go back back. That is a recurring nightmare in which I have no idea of the timetable to be able to attend lecture. Uni for me was 23 years ago.

I thought I was the only one who thought like that. I used to think that even before the Truman show came out. Nothing serious, it's just when things go ridiculously wrong I say to myself that my whole life must be providing somebody with entertainment.

My car is going to explode when I drive it into the garage.

That my life is some sort of cosmic play like the Trueman show.

That I didn't pass my university degree and will have to go back back. That is a recurring nightmare in which I have no idea of the timetable to be able to attend lecture. Uni for me was 23 years ago.

I often have the recurring nightmare that I didn't finish uni or school and have to go back to finish, but find it extremely difficult...I finished uni 10 years ago and I have no idea where this anxiety comes from or why it wont go away:question:

Slytherin88

I often have the recurring nightmare that I didn't finish uni or school and have to go back to finish, but find it extremely difficult...I finished uni 10 years ago and I have no idea where this anxiety comes from or why it wont go away:question:

Thoughts/dreams like this make me think our subconscious is trying to tell us something..

some day in the scholl I tried to be the referre in a soccer game(because I suck playing it kkk), but in the middle of it i figured out that i coudn't say that was faul my mouth was shut and I don't have a whistle, like everybody breaking each others legs and I was quiet hua hua hua. they be pissed with me and make me leave but they thought it was on purpose but was because of Social Ansiety that in the time I did not know that I have today I laught about it.

noaalessi

There are a lot of interesting replies here :thumbup: Here goes mine: when I was younger, I'd avoid anyone behind a desk as I never knew what to expect. Going to banks, supermarkets and even job interviews were things that I couldn't deal with. To make a long story short, I was sad, broke and extremely miserable.

Kiwong

For me, in case of high school that is a real nightmare, my high school was a biggest nightmare I have ever experienced.

Courtney27S

I was a cashier or a server in the deli at Coles for years.. having to serve people really quickly when it was busy was a huggggggge anxiety issue for me.
Last year I had a job at Magic Wok. I had to work the drive-thru and the front counter, with little notice as to which one it would be. The counter was the worst because u can't hide how nervous u r, and the drive-thru was only bad when the people would actually come to the window... I dreaded that! At work, I was CONSTANTLY anxious and it made me really slow. I couldn't remember the orders and a lot of the time I would forget what my manager told me to do as soon as he told me, I just couldn't focus at all. I only lasted three months before being fired (no one actually told me I was fired, they just had my name without any hours on the board, which also made me self-conscience that my boss didn't even want to confront me.) It was SO frustrating to see how relaxed my co-workers were, and how that made them perform a lot better than me. :sad:

Odo

Banned
I think after the Truman show they just put a name on it. Would have existed prior

I used to think this when I was a lot younger... like maybe in elementary school... but instead I thought that other people had powers that I couldn't understand and for some reason nobody was telling me about it even though I could definitely see that this was something that was real... like everyone actually knew everything that I had ever thought and how weird/ embarrassing it was, and they were just waiting for the worst possible moment to tell me.

I would obsess over the idea for years and then finally I asked my mom if people could read minds... and she told me that they couldn't, but I didn't really believe her because the way she answered me made me think that she knew I was going to ask that exact question.

It wasn't really a ridiculous time to be anxious (I had to do a mini presentation today with a guy, in front of some other students and a teacher), it was a ridiculous time to be anxious for me because I was not feeling anxious with the group at all, I was laughing with them etc but then when I had to do my part, my mind just went blank, got nervous, i couldn't believe this was happening, it was a big fail. But then again it was my fault for not preparing properly for it, reason why I got so nervous.