Men don't have feelings

Luckylife

This stereotype is the worst. Me being a very emotional guy, I get teased a lot for it. I use to cry a lot when I was little because I had autism and didn't know till grade 11. I was teased and bullied a lot and cried which made bullying worse. I can't talk to guys about feelings anymore because guys call me a "*****". There is few people I talk to now because of this stereotype.

Some of us have been there. Whenever I got beaten up at school my dad would beat me at home for it. I had a steel gate rammed in my face once and when I got home he suddenly made up another reason for me being wrong, in that I had made the family late for an evening out. No concern for my well-being or even medical attention, the psychology behind this degenerate was loathsome.

Last edited:

thegunners21

Considering society has all sorts of opinions on women's bodies, what women should look like, etc (just look at how we have endless opinions about Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry and the like but next to nothing on the male counterparts) it's not a stretch to think women, generally, might have an earned bias for a double standard when it comes to this. It doesn't mean making guys feel whatever about their own issues is right. But, dude, never call a woman fat. I don't care how secure they tell you, or what women on this forum tell you, they are. Just don't do it. Still, you have a right to feel pissed off about what they called you.

Btw, feminism has nothing to do with their hypocrisy.

Firstly, I would never call anyone fat seriously. Only in a joke situation, or if someone was really fat and wanted an honest opinion.

No opinion on how men look? Are you kidding me? Pretty much anywhere you look, you have these muscular men with abs. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! They have not earned a double standard. They don't get a monopoly on joking.

This has to do with feminism because feminism advocates equality across the board. This equality was violated when the double standard of me not being able to say the same thing to her occurred.

FriendlyShadow

I hate this stereotype so much.

OK, story time:

I work at a fast food place and used to eat my lunch there because I was trying to put on weight. Anyways, so one of my female co-workers calls me a fatty jokingly one day because of the amount of food I eat. I understood that it was a joke and took it in good fun.

Fast forward a month, and see her making herself a pretty fattening lunch and I jokingly call her a fatty. She and another female co-worker just went off on me. I explained to them that I was merely joking, similar to how she called me a fatass. She goes on to say that you should never call girls fat because they have feelings. Naturally, I say men have feelings too and they just proceed to laugh at my face.

Now, this pissed me off to no end. This belief that men should "grow a pair" and they don't have feelings. Funny thing is, she is a advocate for feminism. She couldn't be more hypocritical.

Rant over.

She shouldn't get offended by you just because you joked back about her being fat after all she did it to you first. I'm actually getting sick of when people make snarky comments or crude jokes and then when you do it back to them they get offended. Why the hell would she not expect you to joke back at her like that too? If she didn't want to be called a fatty she should have kept her mouth shut in the first place.

dottie

So... is she?

I'm asking because clearly you are NOT fat, so there is more room to be sarcastic about calling you fat and getting away with it. But if she is a little chubby then...

So... is she?

I'm asking because clearly you are NOT fat, so there is more room to be sarcastic about calling you fat and getting away with it. But if she is a little chubby then...

Weather she is or not is a moot point because women who weigh 90 pounds soaking wet still say they're fat, either fishing for compliments or really believeing it.

thegunners21

So... is she?

I would say she is average. I wouldn't call her skinny, but I wouldn't call her fat either.

Gieky

With the risk of sounding hypocritical, it is VERY different. Case in point - you laughed at her joke, she felt offended at yours. "Know your audience!"
Now as for the bit about men not having feelings, I don't agree with that at all. You wouldn't call an overweight guy "fatty" either as that would be really mean.

Last edited:

theoutsider

I hate this stereotype so much.

OK, story time:

I work at a fast food place and used to eat my lunch there because I was trying to put on weight. Anyways, so one of my female co-workers calls me a fatty jokingly one day because of the amount of food I eat. I understood that it was a joke and took it in good fun.

Fast forward a month, and see her making herself a pretty fattening lunch and I jokingly call her a fatty. She and another female co-worker just went off on me. I explained to them that I was merely joking, similar to how she called me a fatass. She goes on to say that you should never call girls fat because they have feelings. Naturally, I say men have feelings too and they just proceed to laugh at my face.

Now, this pissed me off to no end. This belief that men should "grow a pair" and they don't have feelings. Funny thing is, she is a advocate for feminism. She couldn't be more hypocritical.

Rant over.

Sometimes "advocate for feminism" is another way of saying she hates men. I'd take her opinions of you and how you should act/react with a grain of salt.