Male sleepovers in high school?

Geo

What do you guys think of straight males in high school having sleepovers? I'm 16 and have had a lot of sleepovers and had fun but am wondering if it is time for me to stop.

Section_31

Meh. Do what you feel happy doing.

I had them in my later teens but it was usually because we both fell asleep trying to beat doom on the snes at wee hours of the night.

x Will x

why should you stop? I know fully grown males to have sleepovers... ok its not labled "sleepover" but its still the same thing:p

MikeyC

I've had blokes sleep over my place before when I was in high school. Nothing to it.

twiggle

I think the problem is just the word, "sleepover". It immediately evokes thoughts of something that children would do in junior school. Even as a female who went to sleepovers at aged 16 I would still feel a little foolish saying that I'm going to a "sleepover". "Staying over at so-and-so's house with a few friends" means exactly the same thing but doesn't somehow sound as childlike.

There's nothing strange about it anyway.

Lowlight

Go ahead. Nothing wrong with hanging out.

Instead of saying "We are having a sleepover", you could just say, "Yeah me and the guys are just going to crash at my place tonight".

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I'm not a guy but I had sleepovers through most of my teen years and I don't think it should matter whether you're male or female. My brother and his friends used to stay up all night playing video games and watching movies (and getting drunk) and then eventually fall asleep (or not) by early morning... if you can call that a sleepover. He did that all the way into his early twenties until work/uni started getting in the way. I say live it up while you still can.

bcsr

just dont call them sleep overs. say "hey, you wanna crash at my place tonight?"

GhastlyCC

I'm 22(23 Next month) and my best friend and I still stay over at each others houses from time to time.LOL :D

I have to admit though. I feel kinda lame when I sleep over at his house. Especially since I don't have a drivers licence and need other people to give me a ride home.heh

But at 16....It's no problem at all.
You're still VERY young.

Just drop the term sleepover I'd say.;)

Have fun!

Invisibleman

Yeah its just the term "sleepover" hehe,it sounds girly. Me and my friends did it all the time,but we just said "yo man you want to just chill here tonight?"

WeirdyMcGee

my brother is 18 and has friends over almost every night.
Don't see anything strange about it... I'm surprised they're not sick of eachother by now, though. haha

Labyrinthine

If anything, it would merely be the term "sleepover." There's definitely nothing wrong or abnormal with friends staying over, no matter what the age.