Loyal's Thoughts

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
One more week of uni holidays then Im back at uni. One more year of uni. I can already feel myself getting more anxious and stressed and the damned semester hasnt started yet. I still feel drained and empty and not motivated and the uni break just didnt give me the rest I needed...

One year to go... You can do eeeeett!!

LoyalXenite

Feeling annoyingly stressed out and frustrated. I was already stressed and anxious coz this week uni went back.. Then tonight when I was working out my next fortnight's finances I discovered that my payments have been suspended. Now I have to call Centrelink tomorrow, either before or after class and try and get it sorted. I suspect they will not reinstate my student payments (coz they've had stupid policy changes which limits the amount of years you can study and get paid austudy, and even though I supplied them with all the paperwork I could explaining that I lost two years of study as a result of all the chaos at the time.. but they are cunts and wont give a shit of course). Instead they are going to make me transfer over to jobseeker, meaning I have to look for work/deal with a job network while trying to finish off my last year of uni. But the worst part of that is there will be a delay between that payment getting started. Which means that I'll have no fucking money for potential up to 8 or 12 weeks!? (and my last payment was $120 less than it shouldve been so I dont even have a proper final payment to start from!!)

One of the worst parts of this is the fact that I always find this sort of shit out either at night, or on the weekends, when theres nothing I can do about it for hours. So I just end up getting stressed and anxious and upset for hours, then I'll wait or easily an hour or two in a phone queue to speak to someone who 99% of the time doesnt give a shit and wont try and help and will just find excuses for why my payments cant be reinstated and for why I have to go in and change to job seeker payments instead.

giphy.gif

LoyalXenite

Well its been sent for assessment, they couldnt give a time estimate but it could be a few weeks before I hear back. If it gets approved I'll get the rest of my payment and my payments will proceed as normal/I'll be backpaid any payments in between that I may miss, if it gets denied I'll lose anything from my missing payments until I lodge a claim for jobseeker payments. That process can take up to 12 weeks but I'd get backpaid from the date I lodge that claim. But I could be looking at a few months of literally no money whatsoever and I am very concerned. Worst case I borrow money off my father to buy dog food and petrol to get to uni, and I cancel things like netflix until I get my payments back, and I live on chicken noodles or similar cheap food options/charity food options until its sorted... Best case it gets fixed in the next few days, its all sorted and I just have a shitty week of stress...

LoyalXenite

Well Centrelink got back to me relatively quickly at least... Downside is I've lost my student payments (reached the allowed study time). I've put in a claim for the jobseeker payments. I just gotta hope it goes through quickly. I've lost the $120 that was missing from my previous payment, and I'll have lost about that from the next payment because of the gap between waiting to her the results and lodging the new claim.. That is assuming I get approved (though I should)... I am worried about how long I'll be waiting without payments though

LoyalXenite

Uni took a break the last two weeks (moved the easter break up early to allow teachers to transition their subjects to online), it goes back this Monday and Im dreading it. The internet has been painfully slow, especially during the day, Im not going to be able to stay in the video chats (which im dreading anyway because I hate video chats let alone with a class of strangers) so I dont know whats going to happen with 2 of my classes. Tthe lectures are doable at night when the internet isnt as bad, but the tutorials for two of the classes are going to be zoom video conferences. At least for the other class the tutorials have been changed to online workbooks.

Because of covid my usual weekly dnd session has moved to online, we had our first go of it tonight and unfortunately my net was absolutely shithouse so the video calls failed and we ended up having to do a text chat only session, which is probably how the rest of our sessions will be until the covid crisis is over. The majority of the stay home stuff hasnt bothered me coz I naturally stay at home all the time anyway. But losing my dnd sessions is making it hard on me. At least textchat dnd is doable.. its something, though I miss the proper dnd stuff.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Because of covid my usual weekly dnd session has moved to online, we had our first go of it tonight and unfortunately my net was absolutely shithouse so the video calls failed and we ended up having to do a text chat only session, which is probably how the rest of our sessions will be until the covid crisis is over.

My internet is so crappy to begin with that video was never an option so I've not tried doing D&D sessions online. Right now I'm worried that the con I registered for in mid-June won't even happen.

LoyalXenite

My internet is so crappy to begin with that video was never an option so I've not tried doing D&D sessions online. Right now I'm worried that the con I registered for in mid-June won't even happen.

Mine can be slow at times but usually its ok, but everyone in the country working/studying/streaming at home in the day means mine is just terrible. Its not too bad late at night/early pre-dawn. But Im the only one awake in those hours out of the group so its of no use :LOL:

Yeah Im very concerned about my favorite medieval fair being cancelled, its either june or july. One has already been cancelled and another is gonna try and do a little virtual thing. Hopefully this virus stuff is all dealt with before June and we can go to our events

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I'm a 1e guy myself. Old school. Arcane tomes of complex systems written in High Gygaxian, strung together almost randomly, then edited by someone who was probably on LSD. It's awesome! :D

LoyalXenite

I'm a 1e guy myself. Old school. Arcane tomes of complex systems written in High Gygaxian, strung together almost randomly, then edited by someone who was probably on LSD. It's awesome! :D

Oh cool! I plan to eventually get my hands on a copy of all the editions, or at least the main books of all the editions. But I had a quick peek and the prices are pretty high so for the foreseeable future its just a dream :LOL:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I thought that surely you must be wrong because the books were reprinted just a few years ago. Then I do a search and I see on Amazon a reprint of the original players handbook for $300. Holy cripes. Apparently I could buy a house with the extensive collection of originals I'm sitting on. Not that I'd ever sell them, mind.

LoyalXenite

I thought that surely you must be wrong because the books were reprinted just a few years ago. Then I do a search and I see on Amazon a reprint of the original players handbook for $300. Holy cripes. Apparently I could buy a house with the extensive collection of originals I'm sitting on. Not that I'd ever sell them, mind.

:LOL:
Yeah that was pretty much my thoughts and subsequent shock too.