Low self esteem

recluse

My self esteem is so low i cannot even attempt to befriend people on this site unless they make the first move::(:

I'm always thinking that i have nothing to offer anyone, nothing interesting to say etc. You'd think that being on a site with like minded people would make it easy but no.

Last edited:

recluse

hi tom nice to meet you too. I agree with the thing about others who suffer the same, the feeling that you dont have to prove yourself and the such. I always feel more at ease if the other person is shy and a bit of a loner like me.

Section_31

Hey recluse,

Im Eddy. I feel the same as you, though more IRL than online. I can empathize with you.Im good at hiding it but i have self esteem issues as well.

laure15

I agree with the thing about others who suffer the same, the feeling that you dont have to prove yourself and the such. I always feel more at ease if the other person is shy and a bit of a loner like me.

Same here. When I want to make a new friend, the first thing that I do is scout out the area and see who is quiet, a bit shy, and alone like me. If I see someone like that, i will approach that person and talk to that person. I don't approach groups of people because I am not confident in my ability to talk to large numbers of people.

LazyHermitCrab

i know how you feel. i'm not really unconfident on this site because ppl share some of the same thoughts. however in real life i'm super paronoid and don't trust anyone. i hate sleeping too because then in my dreams it just gets worse. i also say what i don't mean to sound normal but ppl still say i'm quiet and lost looking. if i said how i really felt i wouldn't have anything but a psychologist making a bunch of money and me going into dept. sorry this is isn't inspiring really >.> i think for you to add to self esteem you just can't care what people think but try to engage people about themselves... it also helps to have a pet and exercise and look your best.

Amitush123

I can relate, although I find it easier to talk to people while not face to face..however I think that you should be the one to make the move sometimes, I have no doubt that you have plenty to offer :)

1BlackSheep

however in real life i'm super paronoid and don't trust anyone.
That's soooooo me!

I can talk very easily online or on the phone, but face-to-face is much more difficult because of my low self esteem with regard to my looks. I, too, would much rather have someone approach me, but I'm working on being the initiator sometimes myself.

lonelee1

I know how you feel, recluse.

I feel this everyday. When you are depressed, your vision becomes narrow. Your world seems small, hopeless. Hang in there.

Engulfed707

funny how much i can relate.. both online and real life. But i'm actually ok with leaving the other person to make the first move because that's a more assuring sign that they are actually interested in me.

recluse

Hey recluse,

Im Eddy. I feel the same as you, though more IRL than online. I can empathize with you.Im good at hiding it but i have self esteem issues as well.

I've got it irl too. I do try to reach out to people, like in karate class i talk to a few people and in my gun club. I'm actually quite extroverted in my gun club but i never become close friends with anyone.

recluse

Same here. When I want to make a new friend, the first thing that I do is scout out the area and see who is quiet, a bit shy, and alone like me. If I see someone like that, i will approach that person and talk to that person. I don't approach groups of people because I am not confident in my ability to talk to large numbers of people.

Me too. Sadly some people who i think are like me turn out to be quite social after they get to know people. Some people are just shy at first meeting people.

recluse

i know how you feel. i'm not really unconfident on this site because ppl share some of the same thoughts. however in real life i'm super paronoid and don't trust anyone. i hate sleeping too because then in my dreams it just gets worse. i also say what i don't mean to sound normal but ppl still say i'm quiet and lost looking. if i said how i really felt i wouldn't have anything but a psychologist making a bunch of money and me going into dept. sorry this is isn't inspiring really >.> i think for you to add to self esteem you just can't care what people think but try to engage people about themselves... it also helps to have a pet and exercise and look your best.

Exercise is my life line. I'm quite an endorphin junkie.

recluse

I can relate, although I find it easier to talk to people while not face to face..however I think that you should be the one to make the move sometimes, I have no doubt that you have plenty to offer :)

That's my problem, i am avoidant. I'm quite hypocritical at times because i complain that no one sends me any text messages and then i realise that they probably think i don't care because i usually wait for others to message me first.

recluse

That's soooooo me!

I can talk very easily online or on the phone, but face-to-face is much more difficult because of my low self esteem with regard to my looks. I, too, would much rather have someone approach me, but I'm working on being the initiator sometimes myself.

It's weird because i sometimes have an easier time on the phone providing i am calling somewhere in a professional sense where there no need to think of conversation topics/

recluse

I know how you feel, recluse.

I feel this everyday. When you are depressed, your vision becomes narrow. Your world seems small, hopeless. Hang in there.

I read you post and i can see you are down too. I like you avatar pic it's so interesting.

recluse

funny how much i can relate.. both online and real life. But i'm actually ok with leaving the other person to make the first move because that's a more assuring sign that they are actually interested in me.

Trouble is people soon get fed up when they have to do all the running which is a reason i have lost friends. Relationships are out of the question because there's not many women who do the running.

Agent_Violet

I reach out to no one in real life. I'm much better at reaching out online.

I am horrible at maintaining friendships though.If someone doesn't reach out to me regularly, I don't contact them. It isn't because i don't care though...I just don't want to be a bother

Amitush123

I reach out to no one in real life. I'm much better at reaching out online.

I am horrible at maintaining friendships though.If someone doesn't reach out to me regularly, I don't contact them. It isn't because i don't care though...I just don't want to be a bother

Yeah, maintaining friendships seems to be tiring, isn't it? all that work and no fun...love you avatar, by the way :)