love or imagination?

Kanon

I'm curious to know... since most of us here haven't had "real" love lives, what do you fantasize about when thinking about the person you like, or just when thinking about love altogether? Also, if you've been in a relationship, was it better than your fantasy world?

iamthenra

Well, I would have to imagine what love is like....since I have never had a gf or sex or whatnot... When I do "fantasize" about love, I think I would just like to be close to her, whoever her is? I think snuggling and hand holding, just being close would be awesome I think? Without ever being in that situation, it's rather difficult to know if it would feel good or not? After 41 years of nothing, I think that anything would be awesome...

Kieran

yeah, I'm sort of like iamthenra. Close physical contact is something I've never known, so that's usually what I fantasize about.

exquisite

Fantasies will always be better ! IRL so much problems...

that is so true. i've always considered myself to be a hopeless romantic. my favorite book is pride & prejudice by jane austen, who is my favorite author.. i'm constantly looking for my mr. darcy, yet even when i find a guy, in the end, i always get hurt & even more damaged than before.

i always imagined being with a guy, just holding hands, cuddling while falling asleep, being able to tell him absolutely anything & not being afraid that he would judge me or hurt me in any way. i imagined being completely comfortable & myself around him, wanting to go to him when im feeling down, instead of going home & sitting in my room. i imagine myself seeing his faults, but accepting them, & loving them, & him doing the same for me.

..*sigh* i have so many "dreams"..& yet, when the time came down to it, i was simply unable to do any of those things, since i was disgustingly uncomfortable with it. **** my life. seriously. i hate myself sometimes, since i tend to ruin everything single-handedly. ugh.

Nack

Banned
that is so true. i've always considered myself to be a hopeless romantic. my favorite book is pride & prejudice by jane austen, who is my favorite author.. i'm constantly looking for my mr. darcy, yet even when i find a guy, in the end, i always get hurt & even more damaged than before.

i always imagined being with a guy, just holding hands, cuddling while falling asleep, being able to tell him absolutely anything & not being afraid that he would judge me or hurt me in any way. i imagined being completely comfortable & myself around him, wanting to go to him when im feeling down, instead of going home & sitting in my room. i imagine myself seeing his faults, but accepting them, & loving them, & him doing the same for me.

..*sigh* i have so many "dreams"..& yet, when the time came down to it, i was simply unable to do any of those things, since i was disgustingly uncomfortable with it. **** my life. seriously. i hate myself sometimes, since i tend to ruin everything single-handedly. ugh.

Napping on a sunny yet cool day under a big oak tree with my hunnie napping on me, that's my fantasy :D

exquisite

Napping on a sunny yet cool day under a big oak tree with my hunnie napping on me, that's my fantasy :D

ooooh, yepp another good one. when i was in spain, there were so many couples in a madrid park doing just that, just lying in each others arms... & i totally fantasized about being able to do that one day...hopefully one day i'll be able to.

Jake123

Banned
ooooh, yepp another good one. when i was in spain, there were so many couples in a madrid park doing just that, just lying in each others arms... & i totally fantasized about being able to do that one day...hopefully one day i'll be able to.

Let's do it, I have a Spanish passport lol

I used to... but nowadays, I think romantic relationships are not suitable for me personally. I don't really believe in love in the classic sense. Or at least that it's really really rare.

limetree

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
-this quote depresses the f-ck out of me, I am divorced from reality and hopelessly devoted to my dreams...

recluse

Being close to my lover, watching tv with my lover in my arms, go for romantic breaks in Paris and places, eat romantic candlelit meals together, fall asleep with my spooned up to my lover.

divethruhaze

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
-this quote depresses the f-ck out of me, I am divorced from reality and hopelessly devoted to my dreams...

i get depressed by this too... thx for reminding me >.>

Voltar

I've been in love once in my life, from when I was 17 to 21. Met my high school sweetheart when I joined this all-girls school for six-form (hey I may have SA and AvPD but there are some things you just gotta do!). Those were the most magical years of my life so far. So when I think about the girls I like, I just hope to meet someone special like that again one day and experience those powerful emotions and intimacy. Being in love, it's like God put an angel on earth just for you. Better than any fantasy I could ever imagine.

I have one recurring memory from that happy time that pops into my head every now and then. For a few months over one summer I used to meet her every day for lunch in the park. I'm sitting on one of the benches there watching people play tennis, waiting for her to arrive. Minutes go by and then sure enough she walks round the corner and beams this huge smile at me. My heart skips a beat as I take in the view of this beautiful girl - long rich brown hair, huge brown eyes, looking both incredibly cute and sexy in her work outfit. And I can't take my eyes off her. Even though I see her most days and know every detail of her face it's still fascinating and slightly surreal. Then we hug and kiss and I don't want to let go.

And that's it. The girl of my dreams walking round that corner, on her way to meet me of all people! Happy days indeed.

in my experience, imagination has been better than reality. but that might be because it's so hard to find someone in real life that i can really relate to. if i can't relate to them it just seems empty and pointless, and i'd rather be alone.

Nicholas

Kanon said:
I'm curious to know... since most of us here haven't had "real" love lives, what do you fantasize about when thinking about the person you like, or just when thinking about love altogether?

I fantasize about such things almost ALL the time. I just imagine having a girl that represents the ultimate relationship, the one where the couple is like one single person and neither of the partners have to worry about ever being abandoned. Perfect understanding, perfect enjoyment of every moment in life, together.
Which means this, more of less:

exquisite said:

I am an idealist and a dreamer. I imagine the ultimate love is to be like one single person with my partner, and build something in our lives together, day by day.

But I've never even had a girlfriend, hahahaha. I still have "some" hope though.

Last edited:
I've been in love once in my life, from when I was 17 to 21. Met my high school sweetheart when I joined this all-girls school for six-form (hey I may have SA and AvPD but there are some things you just gotta do!). Those were the most magical years of my life so far. So when I think about the girls I like, I just hope to meet someone special like that again one day and experience those powerful emotions and intimacy. Being in love, it's like God put an angel on earth just for you. Better than any fantasy I could ever imagine.

I have one recurring memory from that happy time that pops into my head every now and then. For a few months over one summer I used to meet her every day for lunch in the park. I'm sitting on one of the benches there watching people play tennis, waiting for her to arrive. Minutes go by and then sure enough she walks round the corner and beams this huge smile at me. My heart skips a beat as I take in the view of this beautiful girl - long rich brown hair, huge brown eyes, looking both incredibly cute and sexy in her work outfit. And I can't take my eyes off her. Even though I see her most days and know every detail of her face it's still fascinating and slightly surreal. Then we hug and kiss and I don't want to let go.

And that's it. The girl of my dreams walking round that corner, on her way to meet me of all people! Happy days indeed.

That's a wonderful story.