Life Ramblings

Phoenixx

Since it's on their FB page, I'd make a post thanking them for finally taking YOUR ideas seriously and implementing them. Maybe you can give exact dates when you proposed them or a pretty close approximation. This would be purely for your satisfaction as I'm sure whoever at the company reads your post would deny they didn't listen to you and only moved on the ideas after you'd left and they probably wouldn't think you'd see it. This is just a way of you letting them know you saw what they did there and that it didn't go unnoticed. After all, what are they going to do? They can't write you up or otherwise reprimand you. You've already left.
This is petty as hell and I like it, haha. Not sure if I can bring myself to do that though. I'm not as pissed off as I was yesterday about it. It still sucks, but whatever. It is what it is. They're shitty people and even if they are using my idea(s), there's no way they can execute it as well as I could. If it works for other people, great. If they fail and can't seem to help others like they should be, then also good. People can move on and find another clinic or center to go to.

I haven't written off that side of nutrition entirely, but just about. I mean, I'm still somewhat open to the idea of running my own business and doing this sort of thing someday. No counseling whatsoever. Just everything education-based. But alas, it's just an idea pushed to the back of my mind. If I revisit it when I'm older, great. If I don't, I won't feel torn about it. I'm pretty comfortable where I'm at currently in my job/career. Plus the corporation as a whole expanded into having a separate nutrition analysis/science department at their main facility in Colorado. If that's the structure they're trying out there and it works, maybe they'll bring that to other locations as well, including where I work. That would be really interesting and definitely something I'd apply for.

Phoenixx

I found FB to be extremely unhealthy for me. I don't regret deleting it and certainly don't miss it.
Oh absolutely. My overall emotional wellbeing has taken a complete 180 since not being active on FB and starting Prozac. I have felt 1000x's better and my mind is so much clearer too. Like I said I only downloaded it for a sale post I had to make, then I stupidly kept it around and fell back into dumb habits. I'll definitely be getting rid of it off my phone again.

I pretty much just stay on it for the memes and easy access to contacting people
The latter is why I've kept my profile, because I still keep in contact with a lot of friends and family that way. I did get a good chuckle seeing a lot of those memes again though lol. But hey, I've taken to lurking on reddit recently. I don't have an account, I just like to browse. There's some good memes on there too haha.

Phoenixx

I've started getting back into collecting Pokemon cards. I haven't collected any cards in nearly 20 years. The last set I purchased was Aquapolis, and I was so disappointed in the new look of those cards and a lot of the art styles that I quit collecting them. Just like at that same time I hated Gen 3 so much I quit playing the games. What can I say? I was a bitter kid haha. Thankfully Pokemon has redeemed themselves since then.

Last year I found all my old cards at my parents' house in their attic. It was neat to see them all again, and then I put them back in my own storage here. Last year during my unemployment I thought about selling them, but I decided not to and I'm glad I didn't. It's so nostalgic for me seeing my childhood collection, and the past month I've been thinking about collecting. That being said, I had no idea how stupidly expensive it has gotten since scalpers and internet personalities have quite literally turned the TCG into a stocks game. But I'm not partaking in that kind of gambling. Last month I purchased $10 worth of singles and have a list I'm gonna chip away at slowly of collecting my favorite 'Mons and artworks. I'm not collecting for investments or to get graded and then turn around and sell like most are seemingly doing sadly enough. I'm just collecting for nostalgia sake really. And I have to say, a lot of the new cards are absolutely beautiful! Too bad some of my wants are extremely pricey, which is why I definitely won't be purchasing them anytime soon.

Anyways, upon being bit by this nostalgia bug, I decided to frame the Southern Islands promo set I've had. This is the first (and only) complete promo set I've ever owned. No idea what childhood me did with the postcards, but I at least still have all my cards in decent shape. They're not perfect, definitely on the heavily played side, but they're not damaged at all. I decided to frame them since 1) I've always loved this set, 2) figured I should be taking care of them a little better and not let them sit around in a binder anymore, and 3) it's becoming quite a valuable set that I'm lucky enough to still have. I know this didn't come out 100% perfect; anyone who knows me knows I cannot measure properly or draw a straight line to save my ass even with using a ruler. But this was a fun project and I think it turned out great!

I used black acid-free poster board I specifically ordered from Amazon, Dragon Shield UV-protected card sleeves, acid-free adhesive sticky dots, and I got the frame cheap 50% off at my local craft store. I also sprayed the frame and glass with Krylon UV-Resistant clear gloss. Printed the logos on cardstock, cut them out, and mod-podged them too before adhering. Overall it only cost me ~$25 total with everything used. Compared to ~$100 or more for specialty made card frames. Nope wasn't spending that kind of money.

Attachments

• IMG_20211109_170019_341.jpg
    IMG_20211109_170019_341.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 4

LoyalXenite

I've started getting back into collecting Pokemon cards. I haven't collected any cards in nearly 20 years. The last set I purchased was Aquapolis, and I was so disappointed in the new look of those cards and a lot of the art styles that I quit collecting them. Just like at that same time I hated Gen 3 so much I quit playing the games. What can I say? I was a bitter kid haha. Thankfully Pokemon has redeemed themselves since then.

Last year I found all my old cards at my parents' house in their attic. It was neat to see them all again, and then I put them back in my own storage here. Last year during my unemployment I thought about selling them, but I decided not to and I'm glad I didn't. It's so nostalgic for me seeing my childhood collection, and the past month I've been thinking about collecting. That being said, I had no idea how stupidly expensive it has gotten since scalpers and internet personalities have quite literally turned the TCG into a stocks game. But I'm not partaking in that kind of gambling. Last month I purchased $10 worth of singles and have a list I'm gonna chip away at slowly of collecting my favorite 'Mons and artworks. I'm not collecting for investments or to get graded and then turn around and sell like most are seemingly doing sadly enough. I'm just collecting for nostalgia sake really. And I have to say, a lot of the new cards are absolutely beautiful! Too bad some of my wants are extremely pricey, which is why I definitely won't be purchasing them anytime soon.

Anyways, upon being bit by this nostalgia bug, I decided to frame the Southern Islands promo set I've had. This is the first (and only) complete promo set I've ever owned. No idea what childhood me did with the postcards, but I at least still have all my cards in decent shape. They're not perfect, definitely on the heavily played side, but they're not damaged at all. I decided to frame them since 1) I've always loved this set, 2) figured I should be taking care of them a little better and not let them sit around in a binder anymore, and 3) it's becoming quite a valuable set that I'm lucky enough to still have. I know this didn't come out 100% perfect; anyone who knows me knows I cannot measure properly or draw a straight line to save my ass even with using a ruler. But this was a fun project and I think it turned out great!

I used black acid-free poster board I specifically ordered from Amazon, Dragon Shield UV-protected card sleeves, acid-free adhesive sticky dots, and I got the frame cheap 50% off at my local craft store. I also sprayed the frame and glass with Krylon UV-Resistant clear gloss. Printed the logos on cardstock, cut them out, and mod-podged them too before adhering. Overall it only cost me ~$25 total with everything used. Compared to ~$100 or more for specialty made card frames. Nope wasn't spending that kind of money.

I used to collect Pokemon Cards as a kid, I had an almost complete set of the original ones but they got stolen. I was devastated and stopped trying to collect them. I got a pile of mixed pokemon cards a couple years ago intending to pick up collecting again but I just havent committed to it

Phoenixx

I used to collect Pokemon Cards as a kid, I had an almost complete set of the original ones but they got stolen. I was devastated and stopped trying to collect them. I got a pile of mixed pokemon cards a couple years ago intending to pick up collecting again but I just havent committed to it
Man that sucks about your cards being stolen. I actually had almost complete sets of the Jungle, Fossil, and Neo Destiny as a kid. I never got to finish them and when I quit collecting I gave away over half of my collection to a cousin. Thankfully I didn't get rid of too many holos, as I still have most of them. Have plenty of the more "plain" cards too. I since purchased a new proper binder to protect them better and have some of the more valuable holos double-sleeved now. Granted my cards aren't worth a whole lot, but it's nice to see them looking better than in clouded card sleeves in a three-ring binder.

I hope you can get back into collecting again. Some of the prices on cards is absolutely stupid, but most newer non-holos, especially commons and uncommons, are dirt cheap given the over-saturation of them on the market currently as everyone chases the secret rares, Charizards, Pikachus, and whatnot. They can keep chasing and wasting their money, I'll just take my cute little Mareeps and Marills. 🥰

Ooh, Pokemon cards... I didn't have very many back in the day, but my prized possession for a few years was one of the original holographic Charizards that I got in a booster pack for Christmas one year. Charizard was my favorite Pokemon, naturally, and I don't know how rare they actually were, but I was the only person I knew who had one. That was back when everybody was collecting them to some degree.

I don't remember enough details about it to figure out what it might be worth today, but I think my older brother stole it and sold it ~15 years ago. If I still had it, I don't think I would ever sell it.

Phoenixx

Ooh, Pokemon cards... I didn't have very many back in the day, but my prized possession for a few years was one of the original holographic Charizards that I got in a booster pack for Christmas one year. Charizard was my favorite Pokemon, naturally, and I don't know how rare they actually were, but I was the only person I knew who had one. That was back when everybody was collecting them to some degree.

I don't remember enough details about it to figure out what it might be worth today, but I think my older brother stole it and sold it ~15 years ago. If I still had it, I don't think I would ever sell it.
I have an original Charizard as well. I never pulled it myself though, I got it in a trade somehow but I don't even remember what I traded lol. Came to me damaged but little me didn't care because it was the coolest card to own at the time. I guess it still is, but I have other holos I love more.

Phoenixx

This time of year has me like

Phoenixx

Holy hell what a work week I had. 6 days, 54 labor hours. I'm exhausted and grumpy. I honestly haven't done a damn thing today besides braving crowds to pick up some last minute groceries at the store this morning. I also don't feel good because my GI system is messed up from this work week. Too much running around and not eating right, and probably not enough either. Bleh. I'm trying to get back on track though, especially since I'll be stuffing my face tomorrow with the holiday. 😁 I've been eating healthy today, staying hydrated, and I took extra probiotics. Stomach feels somewhat better, but I still need some TLC.

I've been glued to the couch most of the afternoon because of all that. I managed to get a nap in, but feel like I could use another.

I did also start chipping away at my gift list this week too. I love and hate this time of year. I love the holidays because I enjoy gift giving, but at the same time I hate them because 1) 5 birthdays + Christmas + other usual expenses = so much damn money spent even though I do budget for it, and 2) I hate having to figure out what to get for people I never see. Particularly my sister-in-law and her family. We never see them, I barely know what anyone's interests are. No one else in the family knows either because they literally never see anyone. I'd easily do a family experience kind of gift -- like tickets to the zoo or something, but they don't go anywhere, partly because of money, partly because they really don't care and prefer to stay at home all the time. Plus the only time they can ever go anywhere is if their dad is home since she doesn't drive and refuses to get her license. (I do not understand this girl, I really don't. I don't want to be judgy, but I really can't help it. I don't understand their lifestyle at all.) I don't like buying toys because I know between 3 boys they have a ton. And they're not the sit down and read type either, so no books. So.... I'm pretty stuck. I only have their girl figured out and I'm making a blanket for her, just like I made her brothers blankets last year before she was born. Making a blanket for our other niece as well. I got the material ordered and should be here next week.

I nearly have Mr. Phoenixx done already though. FIL birthday gift is also done. One gift for the oldest nephew also done, but haven't decided if it'll be for Christmas or birthday. I have others figured out but not purchased yet either. Mr. Phoenixx and I both normally make at least half of the gifts every year by hand, but with the cost of supplies -- craft, art, etc. -- it's just about the same cost to buy something instead. Besides neither of us has really had time to make anything yet and probably won't either. I plan on making SOME things, but not as much as I usually do.

On top of everything I'm working on paying off my student loans. I know I'm going crazy with the spending this month, but I'm expecting a pay raise and a holiday bonus next month. No idea how much, I just know it's coming from other coworkers mentioning it. So I know I'm kind of spending blindly, but I really want them gone. I'm SO CLOSE to having them done with. It's been 10 years of debt now. I'm tired of it hanging over my head. This month has treated me well pay-wise already working overtime, and I have more overtime scheduled for next week, so I might as well put it towards this too.