Lets post our small victories

eek

I made it through a weekend of nicotine free existence... being in the supermarket with withdrawal anxiety was the worst.

WeirdyMcGee

Went for a walk with mom today.
I did have 2 panic attacks and I was sure that people were staring at me but I walked anyway and tried not to look freaked out.

point is-- I got some exercise and fresh air. First time in awhile.

Shift Happens

Today I bought a program called Ultimate Confidence that looks very promising! I will fill you all in on how it goes... wish me luck!

Today I bought a program called Ultimate Confidence that looks very promising! I will fill you all in on how it goes... wish me luck!

Good luck! I did several things that normally make me uncomfortable today. Tomorrow, I'm gonna do the same thing. Hopefully, I start to feel more at ease in public.

maiato

Banned
I got dinner with my housemate during he was supervising me cooking! Makes me feel anxious...cause i'm not a expert on the kitchen, so i got the sensation i'm doing always something wrong.

Well i finish doing the job quite well...and still talk for half an hour or more...so wasnt quite bad!

EscapeArtist

I'm going to a busy gym ALONE tonight.. I'm PETRIFIED and I'm not even sure whether I'll do it... Going in 2 hours ........

Rose_Red

I went into a take out store to order my family dinner.
I did it alone, and I had no-one give me a confidence boost before going in or even giving me a script on what to say.
(My mum normally writes out what to say).
I didn't mumble as terribly as I do either.

petrified eyes

I finally went down to the DMV and got a photo ID, something I had been putting off for the past 7 or 8 years now.

I hated it. It was crowded, hot, noisy and slow. I could have left, but I didn't. :)

GoBlue72

I finally went down to the DMV and got a photo ID, something I had been putting off for the past 7 or 8 years now.

I hated it. It was crowded, hot, noisy and slow. I could have left, but I didn't. :)

That's really good, P.E! That was even longer than the basket of shirts I haven't taken to the dry cleaner or ironed myself. It's built up over the past four or five years. I usually just buy a new shirt every year or two, or take one out to iron. :)

ILovePocky

I went out for the first time this week with my mom to go and get my niece. On the way back home we even stopped at a fast food place (I tend to avoid them because there's so many people and lots of commotion.) I ran into an ex friend from high school and actually talked with her. Lol, it's not much but I'm proud of myself. I even managed eye contact when I ordered my food.

DespairSoul

I went 2 times this week shopping, i make eye contact, i was greeting neighbor, and go twice for long day per day usually i go night time and shopping i don't do almost never maybe one's per month (unbearable fear). I can be really proud of myself. With out treatment i wouldn't be able do all of that. Was damnn hard anyways coz today i little was panicking outside and in shop but i survive.Oh well i forgot i went for coffee one time and this was the worse i think but i did! But after that all i was so tired and wiped out bah. Is "little bigger victory".

Rose_Red

^ Well done!

I went into the city with my uncle, because he was concerned about my health.

Other than shopping for supplements for my health,
we went into a book store.
He told me to go in quickly to find a particular book my sister wanted because at the first one we looked at, they didn't have it.
I went up to the counter, waited until someone turned up and asked the lady is she had the book.
Because she didn't have the book, and I don't know my home phone number, she gave me her card for me to ring her in a weeks time.
I also asked if I could pay for the book now, instead of paying when I got the book.
I never ask questions like that. Normally if I'm in a store I will look around and if I can't find what I need I leave. I never ask if they have anything in stock, and when they come up to me and ask if I'm okay I normally just nod and walk away awkwardly.
BUT I asked the lady TWO questions!!
and had a light conversation with her.

My second success, my uncle got a parking ticket and he asked me to go in and pay for it.
So I went into a the NP council buliding and paid for it.
Normally, I would NEVER go near a buliding like that. It was the Council District buliding!! Authorities are inside there!
I smiled to the lady, and wished her a good day.
I also asked her a question about particular details she asked me for.
Normally, I will stutter and mumble. Or I will stand there freaking out or start crying.

Now, since I've managed this I have a little more confidence for this weekend.
For the first time since I was a little girl, I am going on a plane!!!!!!
By myself!!!

DespairSoul

^ Well done!

I went into the city with my uncle, because he was concerned about my health.

Other than shopping for supplements for my health,
we went into a book store.
He told me to go in quickly to find a particular book my sister wanted because at the first one we looked at, they didn't have it.
I went up to the counter, waited until someone turned up and asked the lady is she had the book.
Because she didn't have the book, and I don't know my home phone number, she gave me her card for me to ring her in a weeks time.
I also asked if I could pay for the book now, instead of paying when I got the book.
I never ask questions like that. Normally if I'm in a store I will look around and if I can't find what I need I leave. I never ask if they have anything in stock, and when they come up to me and ask if I'm okay I normally just nod and walk away awkwardly.
BUT I asked the lady TWO questions!!
and had a light conversation with her.

My second success, my uncle got a parking ticket and he asked me to go in and pay for it.
So I went into a the NP council buliding and paid for it.
Normally, I would NEVER go near a buliding like that. It was the Council District buliding!! Authorities are inside there!
I smiled to the lady, and wished her a good day.
I also asked her a question about particular details she asked me for.
Normally, I will stutter and mumble. Or I will stand there freaking out or start crying.

Now, since I've managed this I have a little more confidence for this weekend.
For the first time since I was a little girl, I am going on a plane!!!!!!
By myself!!!

wow:D Congratulations! That's was very brave. U did a lot! Plane wow and alone i hope u will do it well! I was to alone in plain :)i was scared but all was going ok but is 2 years ago.

Rose_Red

Thank-you both so much!
I always find you both leaving lovely comments, it makes me smile :)

I was so surprised I managed it.
Awww, at least the plane trip went well for you those years ago :) I hope it does the same for me.
I'm so nervous.

Plunket

Well my small victory comes when i set any target for my self like when i go for a walk and i set a target to complete this round before 7 minutes and when i complete before 7 minutes then it becomes my small victory.