it's my birthday today

slowmotiondaydream

i havn't been on this site for about 2 months.. but having the pressure to celebrate my birthday reminds me of how much of a sa suffer i really am.. specifically social phobia.
i've got the usual wishings on facebook from people telling me i should get drunk and celebrate on the weekend.. envious of them all.. knowing that they can do it so casually and i can't.

i wish someone could surprise me or take me out for lunch. it's 8pm now and ive sat myself infront of the tv and watching the simpsons.

DarkPhoenix

Forget how others think you should be celebrating your birthday, today is about you not them. Happy birthday :)

Phoenixx

Forget how others think you should be celebrating your birthday, today is about you not them. Happy birthday :)
^ He basically said it for me. Don't worry how others want you to celebrate your birthday. Do what you want to do. Happy birthday and best wishes to you! :)

My birthday was last month and it was just as uneventful. The way I look at it is at least I have more cash in my pocket for not going out :D

Happy Birthday :)

Happy Birthday!! :cool: Try to make the best out of it!:]
It's my dad's birthday too today, he's rocking on the guitar right now,
just make fun today ^^! and don't feel the pressure of getting drunk or anything like that, everyone has different way of celebrating their bday ;)
You will have some visitors won't you? like family or friends?
you could invite them too, just post a wall post on facebook like hey come and join my birthday ^_^ just some ideas... :)
i can read you really would like to celebrate it, but you are still afraid of celebrating it because of the amount of people or being in the center of attention, i recognize this for myself, i feel the same at birthdays, but that's why i only invite people i really know well :)

have a good day slowmotiondream!(H)

coyote

happy birthday!

gift.jpg

Feathers

Congratulations!! :)

Getting drunk is overrated, maybe some pixies come over and drag you somewhere nice?
On the other hand, it's a workday so nobody will expect 'wild things' from you today - you could maybe invite some people out or to your place for the weekend? (even if they are cousins/relatives/friends...?) You might wanna choose the venue well, so you like the music.. (Any a bit more outgoing friends/relatives could maybe help with that?)

If you don't ask them they may assume a 'wild' party with 'more cool people' (?) so you can just keep it vague too? :)

Nobody will know anyway!
And what happens on SPW stays on SPW - we won't tell!! :)