Is anyone else paranoid when posting on the forum

KiaKaha

Banned
Does anyone else get paranoid that if they are the last person to post something on a thread that the thread will stop being posted to, to be forever lost. Like you are killing the thread with your contribution...

Because I do...although, I am sure thats just me being weird and overly self conscious...Just wondering if anyone else has had that thought...

hoddesdon

Unless you are the last poster on every single thread you have ever posted to, then I would say it is overly self-conscious. You are not the last poster on this thread, for example.

Valinda

What if it's not a bad thing to be last in a thread?
Why not consider that maybe it means everybody agrees with you and cant think of a way to say it better?
Sometimes it just helps to think of a different way to look at things.

Aussie_Lad

If you are the thread finisher, it could be that you have made the most useful contribution and the thread no longer needs any more input.

Tiercel

I think "Slayer of Threads" sounds much more impressive than "Overly Paranoid Nutcase." But if that's the title you want.... ;)

I've had the last post in quite a few threads. Sometimes I wonder what I did to kill it, other times I tell myself that no one else had anything to add. Instead of allowing it to feed my SA, I just look at it as proof that people aren't scrutinizing my every word as much as I sometimes think. Instead of being the guy that everyone is evaluating, I'm just another guy posting on the forum.

Sometimes I think I'd like to be "The Man," but "Just Another Guy" has much less pressure associated with it. :D

Gerdje

Does anyone else get paranoid that if they are the last person to post something on a thread that the thread will stop being posted to, to be forever lost. Like you are killing the thread with your contribution...

Because I do...although, I am sure thats just me being weird and overly self conscious...Just wondering if anyone else has had that thought...

That's exactly how I feel, the few posts I've made have never been replied to...

Jamovik

I'm more worried about people finding out who I am or people I know finding out that I post here, but then again the world is a big place so what are the chances for that happening... RIGHT?

Valinda

Yes. when youre the last post you wonder why people just shut off when you joined in. Have to force yourself to think its no big deal. You just came in on the end of it anyway.

Flanscho

Never thought about that. I'd rather be the last person to write something useful, than getting nasty comments.