Intelligence or good looks???

U

userremoved

I'd go for good looks. Pretty people have always been practically worshiped just for existing. Intelligent people have to work extra hard and still get overlooked a lot of times. Example, the average person probably knows the names of more movie stars/models than scientists lol.

Felgen

Good looks aren't worth sh!t if you don't have confidence. On the other hand, a more simple minded person will worry less and be less concerned about details that will typically impair one's confidence.

I'm not sure, I don't really like either of those people. Mainly because I don't know them at all, other then through TV and internet. And those post/videos aren't reliable sources when it comes to physiologic profiling. Or as normal people call it; getting to know someone.

But when it comes to the choice of looks vs intelligence in general, I would definitely choose intelligence. =3

Avery

I'd take the good looks, in a heartbeat. That's shallow, I know, but I'm much more depressed over what I see in the mirror than over the fact that I'm bad at math.

The only thing my reasonable intelligence has brought me is the prospect of a better future job, but I honestly don't have much desire for money. Past the necessities, all I really need is the internet, some video games, and a library card.

I'd go for good looks. Pretty people have always been practically worshiped just for existing. Intelligent people have to work extra hard and still get overlooked a lot of times. Example, the average person probably knows the names of more movie stars/models than scientists lol.

Agreed. Intelligence just opens up more opportunities for accomplishment -- you still have to sweat for it. But looking good is a goal in and of itself.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Intelligence please. I don't need to look pretty in order to be liked.. If people only liked me for my looks... well... that would be sad.

That's a really tough question.

I'm not sure whether I would want to be good looking or not, since being good looking would probably result in receiving more attention, which I would not currently appreciate.

On the other hand, if I were better looking, perhaps I would have more confidence and with more confidence I might be less anxious and then I might tolerate such attention better.

As for intelligence, well, that could also be a curse or a blessing.

Even if the options were "Good looking, no anxiety issues and stupid" or "Very intelligent, ugly, with SA" the decision would still be a difficult one. I'd probably opt for the former though; if you're stupid, you probably wouldn't know what you were missing anyway.

looks.
But I think you left one out. Comedy.
Without something witty and comedic to say, you just look like a dreadful depressed soul or douchebag that no one wants to be a part of.

Rembrandt Broam

I don't understand why some seem to think that beautiful people are only worshipped. The grass may seem greener, but beauty has it's disadvantages as well as advantages. For every person worshipping Giselle Bundchen there are probably three people who hate her. Am I being cynical? I've known people to be fickle and unforgiving so even if people worship a beautiful person one day, they'll find a reason to hate them the next... I'm not saying that all people are this way, but how many of the fans who swoon over Brad Pitt feel real unconditional love for him? I guarantee that the antipathy felt by some people is stronger than any admiration they could ever feel.

I take your point that some people will exhibit envy or jealousy towards extremely attractive people, but I think that far more people will be drawn to them. It's human nature. People like pretty, attractive things and that includes pretty, attractive people. MOTOS are sexually attracted to them, and even people of their own gender tend to want to be around them. It's quite depressing that so many people put so much importance on something which is quite literally skin deep, but they do. :/

U

userremoved

I don't understand why some seem to think that beautiful people are only worshipped. The grass may seem greener, but beauty has it's disadvantages as well as advantages. For every person worshipping Giselle Bundchen there are probably three people who hate her. Am I being cynical? I've known people to be fickle and unforgiving so even if people worship a beautiful person one day, they'll find a reason to hate them the next... I'm not saying that all people are this way, but how many of the fans who swoon over Brad Pitt feel real unconditional love for him? I guarantee that the antipathy felt by some people is stronger than any admiration they could ever feel.

Eh, well I've had people treat me like crap too and not for being too good looking. Geeks are only wanted when people need things fixed or questions answered. I'm constantly seeing people getting praised for how good they look but I've never seen anyone say "Man you're the smartest dude I know, that's freakin awesome!". Well except for parents praising their kids. But yeah both have their drawbacks but looking good seems like a lot more fun.