Intelligence or good looks???

Johno

If you couldn't have both, what would you choose and why??? The looks of Brad pitt or the intelligence of a Stephen Hawking???

Feathers

I'm already pretty smart and I don't like how Brad Pitt looks!! :) I have no idea what people see in him!!

(George Clooney scares me too. Why do women sigh over him-?? No idea!!)

Kinetik

I'd go for good looks. Our society tends to value the superficial, and intelligent people often think about life way too much to be happy.

I do want this video game though. :D

pro_wheelchair1.jpg

Rembrandt Broam

It's actually quite a tricky question. I know the "correct" answer is to say intelligence, but I don't know.

Would I have Brad Pitt's looks but my current level of intelligence? I'm a reasonably intelligent guy, so if I can have Brad's face but keep my current intelligence then you have yourself a deal, but if I have to dumb down to stupid then obviously I'm not that keen. Do Brad's looks and intelligence come as a package? I'm not sure of his IQ, but he seems far from dumb, so I could probably live with his looks/smarts combo if I had to.

Now to the other proposition. Naturally I'm not going to turn down Professor Hawking's intelligence, but I'd want to keep my face. No offence to Stephen, but...well, you know what I'm saying. I really don't want to be whizzing around in motorised wheelchair, even if I can explain black holes and quantum physics really well. ;)

Weighing everything up, I think I'll take my intelligence and Brad's looks. I'm plenty smart enough to get by in life, but a little extra prettiness never hurts. :)

Johno

I think in my humble opinion either option would lead to success.... To choose between one or the other is somewhat impossible.... I guess that's why I posed the question.....The question that doesn't have a black and white answer..
Cheers

Johno

Oh I forgot to mention some people have both.. That is intelligence and good looks..... However they don't have height.... Should I mention Tom Cruise all 5ft 8 inches of him.....Just having fun!!!! Is a nice voice important??? What about a sense of humour??? ETC

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Oh I forgot to mention some people have both.. That is intelligence and good looks..... However they don't have height.... Should I mention Tom Cruise all 5ft 8 inches of him.....Just having fun!!!! Is a nice voice important??? What about a sense of humour??? ETC
Are you building an android? :confused:

Johno

Iam considering other attributes such as confidence. Confidence can't be defined.