Ignored?

Anxy

I feel like I'm ignored on this forum. Whenever I write a post, it's always avoided, like I never wrote anything. Am I too boring, or something? Maybe I'm not trying hard enough? Tell me, and I'll try my best to change myself. I thought I'd find some nice people here, who'll help me, but maybe I'm just too weird even for SA community?

coyote

apparently, many of the members here are socially anxious :)

it takes us time to get comfortable with people we don't know

SmileMore

I feel like I'm ignored on this forum. Whenever I write a post, it's always avoided, like I never wrote anything. Am I too boring, or something? Maybe I'm not trying hard enough? Tell me, and I'll try my best to change myself. I thought I'd find some nice people here, who'll help me, but maybe I'm just too weird even for SA community?

Don't take it personally. Like Coyote said, it takes time for people to feel comfortable answering sometimes. Have you tried answering other people's posts? People can get to know you that way.

laure15

Welcome to the forum! I don't think you should change for anybody. Just be yourself. When I first started posting, I garnered little attention, if at all. Sometimes I got ignored. It happens, but I'm not posting here to become a forum rockstar. I come here for therapeutic purposes. You are not weird, just unique.

Anxy

apparently, many of the members here are socially anxious :)

it takes us time to get comfortable with people we don't know

Well, of course, it just seemed like everyone here's replying to everyone, but me.

Don't take it personally. Like Coyote said, it takes time for people to feel comfortable answering sometimes. Have you tried answering other people's posts? People can get to know you that way.

Well, at first I did take it personally, but then I thought ''what does it matter anyway?'', but I was still curious, so I wrote here.
I did answer some of them.

Welcome to the forum! I don't think you should change for anybody. Just be yourself. When I first started posting, I garnered little attention, if at all. Sometimes I got ignored. It happens, but I'm not posting here to become a forum rockstar. I come here for therapeutic purposes. You are not weird, just unique.

Thank you! Well, sometimes change is good. And well, nice to hear that you think so, but it looks like the bigger part of society thinks unique=weird=avoid.

Also, I apologize if I sounded rude, I didn't mean to! I was just curious, really :shyness:

Diend

I've never seen you post before surprisingly. I tend to respond more if you are more descriptive as it gives me more information into what exactly is going on. Posting threads isn't a competition. What I get out of starting threads are those questions that bother me for a while and I feel better when people acknowledge them on the forums. It really is as simple as that.

ImNotMyIllness

Well, people are replying to you now! I've posted threads before that received little interest. It also depends on the day and time when you post.

Believe me. We're all in the same boat. You're not any weirder than the rest of us! :)

planemo

Hi and welcome to the forum. The fact that you're new has a lot to do with why people are not ignoring you, but are probably shy to just reply to you since they have no real idea who you are as of yet. It takes time, and in time people they will reply to you more when they feel more comfortable "around" you. Again, it has noting to do with them purposely ignoring you. Secondly it's much easier for people to bypass your posts when you don't have an avatar. So if you can get one, it will help as it will bring others attention to you first by image, and then gets them to read your posts.

aloneloner

I joined here over two years ago..don't post much. The same fear of people ignoring my posts is what stops me. Or just not caring enough to reply to me :/
But then I look back on my old posts and realize, I got enough replies/ people did seem to care :) My anxiety at the time of posting is what clouded my judgement..maybe my expectations were too high?
I'm starting to put less focus on replies or people caring, now I'm just posting what I feel
I cant get over this fear of hurting feelings tho :/

Marc7

I can relate to you when i post i don't get alot of comments either except for 2 or 3 posts.

When it comes to this, it got me thinking, maybe people just don't know what to say?

That's another possibility, especially with certain subjects. It's safe to say that many on the forum are self concious, and are afraid that their input (of any kind) will reveal things about them they rather not people know.

Marc7

That's another possibility, especially with certain subjects. It's safe to say that many on the forum are self concious, and are afraid that their input (of any kind) will reveal things about them they rather not people know.

When it comes to this, it got me thinking, maybe people just don't know what to say?

Yea I know I sometimes don't know what to say either.

MikeyC

It took me about 500 posts before I started being truly known around these parts, so it does take time for familiarity to kick in.

EDIT: And now that I am known, I am literally God. ::p:

Quirk87

Banned
Familiarity is something that takes time, most people will warm up to you after some exposure. It's easy to jump to such conclusions, especially when you probably feel this way in the real world also. Just remember that as you are reacting to others, others are also reacting to you. As people get to know you, they will become more social with you and get curious about the things you have to say. Hang in there.

Kiwong

I guess it's all about expectations. I don't expect to anyone to respond, but am pleased when they do.