I speak fluent retard

Darryl

Did you know speaking Retard can make a man thirsty?
Yep it's true, I kid you not!!

I tried to buy a carton of Millers chill the other day, but I kept saying "carlton of".

The attentant was saying "you want a carton of Carlton?

Stupid words!

missjesss

Banned
hahahahahah we joke about it now but when ti actually happens it's highly embarrassing I remember not too long ago I went to the bottle shop to get a bottle of wine and couldn't pronounce the name of the wine coz I was so nervous and couldn't even look him in the eyes I was feeling utterly crap that day also :-(

Darryl

hahahahahah we joke about it now but when ti actually happens it's highly embarrassing I remember not too long ago I went to the bottle shop to get a bottle of wine and couldn't pronounce the name of the wine coz I was so nervous and couldn't even look him in the eyes I was feeling utterly crap that day also :-(

Thats a good reason not to drink wine!

Dave1989

Yeah, ill think of something that sounds really witty and humourous in my head, but when i say it out loud it comes out a load of muddled up nonsene, then the sweating and blushing starts. The joys of social phobia ::eek::

JustAGuy

Are you just nervous or lacking confidence?

When I think too much about what to say, that usually makes it worse. What I want to say might run through in my brain just perfect, but when I execute..it just turns into a horribly awkward mess. I guess the trick would be to calm yourself down and try to be natural...but of course that is easier said than done.

Perhaps just try exposing yourself to more situations where you can present your ideas out verbally and maybe that may help?

Untamed88

Why do I always say stupid things? This is why I like to be quiet. When I DO say something funny, people don't get my humor. When I DO say something smart, they disregard it. So, I end up saying things that either don't make sense or I regret saying later, etc.

If you have a mouth, does "retard" spill out of it too?

This is me. Everything you just said.

It doesnt help that my humour is really quite dry and dark. A lot of people get offended by it.

I have a habit of starting a sentance and then losing confidence halfway through it and hence mumbling the rest too. Whoever I am talking to is then in my face like, 'What?' and by then all confidence has gone and I can't even try and repeat it and I look more retarded.

AsTimeBurns

I get this sometimes. If I'm trying to say something funny, which sounded good in my head, it'll often just be greeted by awkward silences and funny looks. So I shut up again.

MollyBeGood

I had a boss once that got upset at me because I said something looked "retarded" turns out she had a son with special needs so she was really sensitive to using that word like that..opps.
so i never say that anymore, moral of the story.

MollyBeGood

I had a boss once that got upset at me because I said something looked "retarded" turns out she had a son with special needs so she was really sensitive to using that word like that..opps.
so i never say that anymore, moral of the story.

Zoya Dulzura

I feel like I say dumb, weird stuff all the time. Every day there is always something that I beat myself up about that sounded so stupid once I said it or something that seemed to ellicit an unexpected response from the person/people I'm talking to. I have trouble remembering that the person who pays most attention to those dumb moments are me! When people say "dumb" things, oftentimes they are they only ones to notice the blunder, or to define it as such at all. And even when it is clear that what you say came off as weird to others, more than likely, you will be the only one to remember the incident the next day.

MaliceInWickedland

First of all, LOVE the title.
Second of all, you're not the only one...
I'm generally a quiet person and try to avoid social situations as much as possible, but as a Senior in high school that's a near-impossible task to fulfill. Lunchtime is the only time I can really let loose my inner feelings and lately I've been very quiet during that time because I feel like I say stupid things, especially with my dark (and very sexual) sense of humor that tends to creep other people out. My friends have the same sense of humor as me and usually laugh at the completely random things I say but I can't help but feel like I say stupid things sometimes. Even if my friends laugh I get that awkward vibe that I just said something completely idiotic and I'll stay quiet afterwards.

fitftw

I always say nonsensical ****. I write nonsense as well. My whole life is pretty much a pile of dumb.