I speak fluent retard

Smurfette

Why do I always say stupid things? This is why I like to be quiet. When I DO say something funny, people don't get my humor. When I DO say something smart, they disregard it. So, I end up saying things that either don't make sense or I regret saying later, etc.

If you have a mouth, does "retard" spill out of it too?

Phoenixx

I know exactly what you mean. I'm the same way! Whenever I say something to someone, I always replay what I said in my head over and over (What a sentence, lol). Then I just think how stupid I sound and I end up just keeping my mouth shut and not saying much.

Blinkers

Lol, well if you're speaking retard, I must be able to speak it too. Say something funny = weird looks, say something smart = ignored.

Maybe we should carry Retard-English translation books...

Did that sound retarded?

xxaimsxx

Why do I always say stupid things? This is why I like to be quiet. When I DO say something funny, people don't get my humor. When I DO say something smart, they disregard it. So, I end up saying things that either don't make sense or I regret saying later, etc.

Snap! I give up sometimes. The only person who gets my humour is my sister (sometimes) So i end up being quiet and then people wonder why i am quiet. Cant win ahh!

Phoenixx

Lol, well if you're speaking retard, I must be able to speak it too. Say something funny = weird looks, say something smart = ignored.

Maybe we should carry Retard-English translation books...

Did that sound retarded?

In real life I would get a weird look AND ignored ::eek::

LOL. If you had said that to me, in real life, I wouldn't have ignored you or given you a weird look at all. I would've laughed at that :D You are very clever ;)

KiaKaha

Banned
I feel the same way. I open my mouth and ze eyes...zay look at me...as if to say "what the ****?" People take life far too seriously and disregard humour anyway... its all about saving face and being as "in control" as possible.
I just dont bother caring anymore. If that makes me a pessimist, then so be it, If i have low expectations from other people, then really it doesnt matter what they think. I dont matter to them, so they dont matter to me. Total acceptance from other people is a rare thing, I give chances and as long as you are not a jerk, then thats cool... but realize that chances wont often be given back. Once a person makes up their mind about you...its all over, and there is no point in trying.

boy what a messy post... sorry for rant.

Depends on the ears hearing it. Many ears are 'challenged' and only get stuff framed how they like to hear it

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I'm lucky enough to have a few friends who speak fluent retard as well.
I also have a sister who doesn't speak retard but understand the language, so she thinks my jokes are funny (she then tries to repeat it to her co-workers and usually comes back to me saying "I don't understand but they didn't get it!!")
For the others, I stopped bothering too much about them years ago. I suggest you could do the same. I figured that people prefere when you speak retarded than when you stay silent. They tell themselves "At least she is trying to be normal"

ikbenrifi

that happens to me as well, it's like they smell my low confidence somehow, because usually happens when i have low selfesteem

DespairSoul

that happens to me as well, it's like they smell my low confidence somehow, because usually happens when i have low selfesteem

Yes somehow i feel that way like they feel it i have low-selfesteem and lisen me only on half ear or dont. Often they dont get me also and im only one who smile in the room after that i feel awkward and i think they just dont like me(and purpose dont pay me attention like they are against me) and dont give a **** what i say even if is witty or not they just act like isnt even it is. Give that some sense lol::eek::

Hastings & Main

Well, we all learn to talk starting out with gibberish. I just never got out the habit.

Kind of sucks having a unique sense of humor no one else gets, but then I'm usually surrounded by people laughing themselves sick on gay/dumb blonde/minority jokes, so I count it as a blessing...

Smurfette

Yes somehow i feel that way like they feel it i have low-selfesteem and lisen me only on half ear or dont. Often they dont get me also and im only one who smile in the room after that i feel awkward and i think they just dont like me(and purpose dont pay me attention like they are against me) and dont give a **** what i say even if is witty or not they just act like isnt even it is. Give that some sense lol::eek::
I have always wanted to know what language u really speak. I find your English interesting and can understand exactly what u are trying to say. :)

Blaze

It's so difficult having a conversation with my co-workers. I try to keep the chatter work related as long as possible and then disappear when the conversation changes, rofl.

One of my managers is actually an extraordinarily compassionate woman and I am discussing some family issues with her, she even offered me a place to stay. It's a lot easier to talk with someone like her opposed to someone my age.

missjesss

Banned
our lack of confidence makes us like this I find when I have my good days full of confidence I don't have this problem but when I'm feeling **** then I do .. just keep working on it I know it's frustrating!!!

ah, I have wondered if I am alone on this. If only we were all part of a community. HA!

A community of Social Anxiety people. That would be, well. Awesome!

What would a day even look like?

Anyways, I feel the same as you all. I get weird looks and skipped by for mr. Normal head.

Could I make a suggestion, with love, that we should be careful with the word retard. That is hurtful to some, and yeah!

Other than that, we should make a weird humor thread, no?