I Never wear sunscreen?

mummylala

i go out in the sun in the UK and dont ever wear any suncreen is this bad ?

The way that the weather is at the moment i would say its bad... just ask my hubby and 9yr old daughter what happened to them lol ... they have very badly burnt shoulders, my daughters are really bad, they started to blister

agoraphobickatie

yeah, i suck at sunscreen... i haven't owned a bottle of sunscreen since i was like.. 5, haha.. i get sunburnt the first time i lay out in the summer and then every other time it just gets a little more tan, i guess... i'm sure i'll pay for it, but at least i'm addicted to lotion, haha

Masychefx2

Banned
i dont really get sunburnt

i only go out for a couple hours a day but i dont like but greasy sunscreen on my face

stephen

You can get away with it but it catches up with you. If not in skin cancer in permanent blemishes when you get older.

AimeeSP

i dont really get sunburnt

i only go out for a couple hours a day but i dont like but greasy sunscreen on my face

You can buy moisturisers that have a like SPF 15 in them, less greasyier than normal sunscreen. :) i use it, and there are many non perfumed ones out there and male moisturisers so you dont have to worry about smelling like a girl. ::p:

AimeeSP

You can get away with it but it catches up with you. If not in skin cancer in permanent blemishes when you get older.

Yeah thats true my mum spent most of her teen years in the sun to dry up her acne and it's resulted in a brown blemish around 3-4cm in length and 2cm wide on her face.

mummylala

I replied to this thread last night by mentioning my hubby and my daughter.. My dad has just been on the phone (he was at the doctors today) he is being sent to hospital to have tests for skin cancer :eek:::(::eek:::(:

He works outside all the time, he paints buildings for a living, he thought it was ok to skip the sun cream, he is kicking himself now though and wished hed used it

Waybuloo

With the weather getting warmer in the UK, the number of red-skinned people walking about increases by the day.
For those of you who care about minimising wrinkles, burns and risk of cancer:

Even in very overcast days you could get sunburnt from strong light reflected by the clouds. Infact they reflect light more in everywhichever direction so it feels like there's more light in your eyes. I wear sunscreen when it is very bright from direct sunlight or cloud reflections.

SPF 15 protects against 93% of UVB rays, SPF's higher than 30 block only 4 percent more UVB. So SPF above 30 doesn't do much more.

Make sure to get a sunscreen with protection against both UVA (wrinkling and photoaging) and UVB (sunburn and cancer causing) rays. A good sunscreen would tell you that on the back. I use a tinted, oil free sunscreen that is SPF 30 that doesn't have a white cast.

coyote

Wow, I always thought the descriptions of the dreary weather in the UK were just a myth. But you all keep talking about the sunshine like it's something new!

Now you know why we Americans are so freakin' nuts - the sun shines here all the time.

Last edited:

Tmeister

I rarely sunbath nowadays since my mum got skin cancer a few years ago... if i'm in the sun for abit when i go to festivals then i put sun cream on factor 30+ i have loads of moles on my body hence i keep covered...