I Need to Get Over A Girl Who I Really Like, I Need Good Advice!

kinghatred

More weird things today......

During class period, I walked out the classroom and saw her chatting with friends. I didn't want to interrupt her, so I walked past her without saying anything and head straight to the other side of the hall way. I stopped by a poster besides the restroom and just looking at it. 10 seconds later, she passed behind me and pulled my backpack really hard and as I turned my head, she just ran into the restroom with a grin on her face.....

So I was like, cool, she wants to play with me, that's a good sign, right? NOT! I waited her to came out from the restroom and tried to talk to her, but immediately I found out that she wasn't interested. As I was talking, she started to walking slowly toward the classroom and I have to follow her to finish what I was trying to say. And inside the classroom, she could chit chat with her friends and laugh completely normal. Which made me kinda sad.

After school I asked if she wants to play basketball, and she said no because she wants to play racquetball with her friends. For the past 3 weeks, we've been always playing basketball on friday afternoon, I'm not stupid enough to consider this as an accidental schedule conflict. She is definitely avoiding me. But hey, why don't she just avoid me completely if she doesn't enjoy my company that much? Wth are these "cookie" and "pull backpack play" things?

Mickery

The line with intimacy issues can be quite sharp. Maybe she is able to play around because she likes you and it's nothing serious, but as soon as you want to spend time with her on a more personal basis, it's too much. But she doesn't want to give you up, so she ends up awkwardly hovering around in between. Which comes across very much as manipulative. Whether innocent or not, the result is much the same. I admire your determination, but at what point does this become a lot of effort for no payoff?

kinghatred

The line with intimacy issues can be quite sharp. Maybe she is able to play around because she likes you and it's nothing serious, but as soon as you want to spend time with her on a more personal basis, it's too much. But she doesn't want to give you up, so she ends up awkwardly hovering around in between. Which comes across very much as manipulative. Whether innocent or not, the result is much the same. I admire your determination, but at what point does this become a lot of effort for no payoff?

I can try a long time if I know she appreciate my effort, but just not ready yet, I can wait and hope she can gradually overcome the issue. But if she hates what I'm doing and kept getting scared away, then I don't think this is going in the right direction, I probably won't last very long. I think I got denied 5 times already in this week, and every time it was like a hammer hitting on my heart. Since, I'm still alive, I guess that made my heart stronger. Everything has a good side and a bad side, I guess in this case, I'm practicing patience, communication skill and ways to pleasing a girl. I guess as long as I can learn from this, it wouldn't be a totally terrible experience. ;)

she1slander

I'm with Mickery on this. I also admire that you are so willing to keep up with her... whatever she is trying to pull. Because of what you feel about her, you're willing to be patient and hope that at some point, she's ready to display her feelings in a way that you're certain that she wants to be more than friends. But I can see why the whole cookie thing somehow disappointed you because she's just trying to return a favor or doing something nice for you but it's not enough to satisfy your needs. It doesn't quite measure up to the things that you do for her to show how much you like her and that you're quite serious about it, whereas she doesn't want it to be. Just because her SA is severe and she has intimacy issues, it doesn't make it appropriate for her to keep stringing you along as if you're going to be OK with it for awhile.

'Cause if this happened to me, I'd be freakin' pissed off afterwards. Know what I mean? It's only natural to feel that way esp. when you want the other person to be in the same emotional maturity level as you are. Unfortunately in your case, this girl is clearly not there yet... not until her condition is fixed. I mean, based on the way you've described her and the things that she's been doing for you and to you, it's like she doesn't seem to want to be held responsible for the effect she'll have on you. And she does because why else would you feel like something's there and sometimes it's not there? And the fact that she knows that you really like her and will take every initiative to show it, she's trying to play it safe (and by that, I mean she doesn't want to appear like she wants to get close to you because that'll just make her in a vulnerable place) and wants to see if you're going to play by her rules.

So what could you do? I'd say... make her some cookies. lol Or return the favor again. You could just buy some cookies for her and put it in the same container, put it in her locker with a note of 'Thanks for the cookies. These are my favorites and I thought you might like to try them.' Something like that. If this is how she's gonna be, then go with it... otherwise, you're gonna figure out if she is still worth it and she's gonna get the hint that you're starting to lose interest. :-/ Sure, try to be more patient with her and keep hoping that she'll come through, but just remember not to let your emotions cloud your judgement.

kinghatred

I'm with Mickery on this. I also admire that you are so willing to keep up with her... whatever she is trying to pull. Because of what you feel about her, you're willing to be patient and hope that at some point, she's ready to display her feelings in a way that you're certain that she wants to be more than friends. But I can see why the whole cookie thing somehow disappointed you because she's just trying to return a favor or doing something nice for you but it's not enough to satisfy your needs. It doesn't quite measure up to the things that you do for her to show how much you like her and that you're quite serious about it, whereas she doesn't want it to be. Just because her SA is severe and she has intimacy issues, it doesn't make it appropriate for her to keep stringing you along as if you're going to be OK with it for awhile.

'Cause if this happened to me, I'd be freakin' pissed off afterwards. Know what I mean? It's only natural to feel that way esp. when you want the other person to be in the same emotional maturity level as you are. Unfortunately in your case, this girl is clearly not there yet... not until her condition is fixed. I mean, based on the way you've described her and the things that she's been doing for you and to you, it's like she doesn't seem to want to be held responsible for the effect she'll have on you. And she does because why else would you feel like something's there and sometimes it's not there? And the fact that she knows that you really like her and will take every initiative to show it, she's trying to play it safe (and by that, I mean she doesn't want to appear like she wants to get close to you because that'll just make her in a vulnerable place) and wants to see if you're going to play by her rules.

So what could you do? I'd say... make her some cookies. lol Or return the favor again. You could just buy some cookies for her and put it in the same container, put it in her locker with a note of 'Thanks for the cookies. These are my favorites and I thought you might like to try them.' Something like that. If this is how she's gonna be, then go with it... otherwise, you're gonna figure out if she is still worth it and she's gonna get the hint that you're starting to lose interest. :-/ Sure, try to be more patient with her and keep hoping that she'll come through, but just remember not to let your emotions cloud your judgement.

Thank you for making another great point on this issue. I think what you said makes perfect sense. She is not ready yet and she doesn't know what she wants. This SA issue that she's been having for so many years probably not gonna melt away just in a couple of weeks. Compare to her, I am the one who need to correct the emotion and attitude since she is the one that has the control and she felt happy as long as I'm not trying to be close to her. So I'm the one that need to take a step back before I crack my heads by kept running into these "denying wall".
Rotations will start next week, which means I won't see her in school as much as before. I will make my last move on Tuesday, and then withdraw into classmate relationship after that. I will greeting her whenever I run across her in school and maybe chat with her casually about school work, but that's it. No more invitation of personal activity, no more talking about personal matters, no 2 people alone situation. Why do I want to do that? Since I've been treating her very nicely and chasing her aggressively for the past 3 weeks, I hope a sudden withdraw can make her miss me and realize my value (if there is any), and hopefully that can make her "step out of the closet". I know this sounds kinda retarded, but I don't know what else to do. Because if things continue going this way, I will be depleted both mentally and physically, I don't want reach a point where I start to hate her.

While I am typing all of this, She called me, and told me how interesting was the Racquetball, so smoothly, so normally, just like a friend, it was like she totally forgot that she went to play racquetball because she doesn't want to play basketball with me. I really wanted to ask her out to dinner tonight, I really wanted to ask if she wants to hang out this weekend. But I hold all of that, because I already knew the answers.

she1slander

You're welcome. ^_^ Glad I could help sort some things that you've been troubled with. Your situation reminds me of an episode in this show I used to watch regularly when it was still on about this guy who was madly in love with this girl and how he kept trying and trying to win this girl's heart who, in the end, admitted that deep down she still loved him. But they already established a relationship long ago and both were in a mature stable mind but something got in the way that caused the girl to break up with him. He never went to the point of hating her like she did with him but continued to support her along the way because part of him believed there's still a chance. Yours is a little different and unique, in that the girl you want doesn't reciprocate your feelings due to those issues she has... which she appears to be managing fine without your help. :-/

And like you said, she seems to have control over herself and is happy as long you're not trying to get close, so I'm glad to hear that you've decided it's best not to make any more invitations. 'Cause the more you try to get close (just like that guy I mentioned above), the more likely she's going to pull away. But I can see that you've figured that out already because you know that she'll only reject you for it. Once you've come to accept the fact that she's not gonna want anything more from you and simply wants to be friends, then that's it. Treat her like a friend but move on. Work on improving yourself, physically and mentally and accept that you CAN NOT force people to change or like you back. At least now you know that she's not the one that your happiness is dependent on. It's best to know sooner than much later 'cause if you were to keep hoping for a chance, you'll continue to feel disappointed and then you're gonna appear to her like you're still desperate for a relationship.

kinghatred

You're welcome. ^_^ Glad I could help sort some things that you've been troubled with. Your situation reminds me of an episode in this show I used to watch regularly when it was still on about this guy who was madly in love with this girl and how he kept trying and trying to win this girl's heart who, in the end, admitted that deep down she still loved him. But they already established a relationship long ago and both were in a mature stable mind but something got in the way that caused the girl to break up with him. He never went to the point of hating her like she did with him but continued to support her along the way because part of him believed there's still a chance. Yours is a little different and unique, in that the girl you want doesn't reciprocate your feelings due to those issues she has... which she appears to be managing fine without your help. :-/

And like you said, she seems to have control over herself and is happy as long you're not trying to get close, so I'm glad to hear that you've decided it's best not to make any more invitations. 'Cause the more you try to get close (just like that guy I mentioned above), the more likely she's going to pull away. But I can see that you've figured that out already because you know that she'll only reject you for it. Once you've come to accept the fact that she's not gonna want anything more from you and simply wants to be friends, then that's it. Treat her like a friend but move on. Work on improving yourself, physically and mentally and accept that you CAN NOT force people to change or like you back. At least now you know that she's not the one that your happiness is dependent on. It's best to know sooner than much later 'cause if you were to keep hoping for a chance, you'll continue to feel disappointed and then you're gonna appear to her like you're still desperate for a relationship.

Yeah, I already see it through, it's in her hands now. 2 hours after I made the last post, she called me AGAIN. And she asked me if I want to go to her place and watch a movie. Yeah that's right, after all those denies, she asked me to go to her place and watch movie, like it's completely normal. What can I say, of course I said yes, I was so happy and even believed this could be a turning point. I went to her place, she looks very relaxed, wearing pajama and didn't even wear shoes. We were just laying on the sofa, chatting and watching Indiana Jones. Then the door bell rang, then I realized that I wasn't the only one who's invited. She invited another female friend to come watch movie. So, it is not a "date hang out", it's a friend hang out, but I guess it's better than nothing. To be honest, I think the atmosphere would be more awkward and nervous if it's just the two of us, with a third female friend, it really eased up the tension. We actually had a wonderful time, we were joking around, making fun of the actors and commercials, I can see she's really relaxed and care free and saying whatever was on her mind. So, overall, it's good. I can see now that she does enjoy my company, she does like me, I'm sure the "like" is already in the friend's level. I'm just not sure how much chance it has to pass beyond that level.

OvidiuDanut

Yeah, I already see it through, it's in her hands now. 2 hours after I made the last post, she called me AGAIN. And she asked me if I want to go to her place and watch a movie. Yeah that's right, after all those denies, she asked me to go to her place and watch movie, like it's completely normal. What can I say, of course I said yes, I was so happy and even believed this could be a turning point. I went to her place, she looks very relaxed, wearing pajama and didn't even wear shoes. We were just laying on the sofa, chatting and watching Indiana Jones. Then the door bell rang, then I realized that I wasn't the only one who's invited. She invited another female friend to come watch movie. So, it is not a "date hang out", it's a friend hang out, but I guess it's better than nothing. To be honest, I think the atmosphere would be more awkward and nervous if it's just the two of us, with a third female friend, it really eased up the tension. We actually had a wonderful time, we were joking around, making fun of the actors and commercials, I can see she's really relaxed and care free and saying whatever was on her mind. So, overall, it's good. I can see now that she does enjoy my company, she does like me, I'm sure the "like" is already in the friend's level. I'm just not sure how much chance it has to pass beyond that level.

Im gonna' play the bad cop part now:) Stop dispairing so much (also i would probably too). She obviously likes you. In this situation when in a purely friendship relationship the feelings of going in dating/loving mode are not mutual, usually if not always, things feel so awkward that the relation in any form ceases to exist. But if she keeps playing games for ever you should at one point put your foot in the door; but give it a matter of months id say in order to do that.

kinghatred

Im gonna' play the bad cop part now:) Stop dispairing so much (also i would probably too). She obviously likes you. In this situation when in a purely friendship relationship the feelings of going in dating/loving mode are not mutual, usually if not always, things feel so awkward that the relation in any form ceases to exist. But if she keeps playing games for ever you should at one point put your foot in the door; but give it a matter of months id say in order to do that.

Yeah, I'm planning to take a step back and let her take the lead whenever she's comfortable with it. But how passionate should I react at this point, let's say if she called me today, do I call her tomorrow? or day after tomorrow? I mean, I can't expect her to call me all the time right?

OvidiuDanut

The best way would be to let her taste a bit the bitter taste of her wanting you more than you want her. But dont over do it.

kinghatred

Failed hard today, I made her a gift last night, worked hard with all the detail until 4 a.m. this morning, put it in front of her doors. I got no response for the whole day, at all. I imagined the worst scenario would be she felt stressed out by my gift, but apparently she isn't. She's much more active during case discussion, asking questions, answering questions very actively. Oh also, she chatted pretty much with everybody except me. Well, at least I did really good on 2 exams today. I got 1 more exam coming tomorrow. I have done my part, now its time to forget about her and concentrate on exam.

she1slander

Failed hard today, I made her a gift last night, worked hard with all the detail until 4 a.m. this morning, put it in front of her doors. I got no response for the whole day, at all. I imagined the worst scenario would be she felt stressed out by my gift, but apparently she isn't. She's much more active during case discussion, asking questions, answering questions very actively. Oh also, she chatted pretty much with everybody except me. Well, at least I did really good on 2 exams today. I got 1 more exam coming tomorrow. I have done my part, now its time to forget about her and concentrate on exam.
So... not even a note of thank you, a brief phonecall? nothing?
I must say... she certainly can't suck any more than I at communicating back, can she? :rolleyes: I'm not gonna apologize for stating that rather harshly but hey, I'm totally on your side on this! Besides, she's being totally insensitive for all your great efforts... it's HER loss, not yours lol But listen, kinghatred, I think it would also be a good idea to try and befriend those people whom she seems to like chatting with... in case you STILL feel like wanting to chat with her. If she doesn't want to talk to you, then forget about it. Still, try and get to know those people. It looks to me like she's improving well from her SA (when it used to be severe, right?) because you kept giving her attention. Perhaps, it's because of you, she's starting to become more confident.

In the event that she attempts to call you again, how about rejecting her on her invitations? You could tell her that you're proud of her active participation in the case discussions or something. That way, you're kinda implying that you appreciate the experiences you've had being with her and being without her knowing that this whole time there's not going to be any deeper connection. It may look like you've failed many times for taking those risks but the truth is, SHE failed many times to SHOW her appreciation and undervalued your efforts in trying to build something special. Don't worry. Somewhere in the near future, you will gain what you've determined to achieve. ... (erm... I dunno if that made sense lol)

kinghatred

So... not even a note of thank you, a brief phonecall? nothing?
I must say... she certainly can't suck any more than I at communicating back, can she? :rolleyes: I'm not gonna apologize for stating that rather harshly but hey, I'm totally on your side on this! Besides, she's being totally insensitive for all your great efforts... it's HER loss, not yours lol But listen, kinghatred, I think it would also be a good idea to try and befriend those people whom she seems to like chatting with... in case you STILL feel like wanting to chat with her. If she doesn't want to talk to you, then forget about it. Still, try and get to know those people. It looks to me like she's improving well from her SA (when it used to be severe, right?) because you kept giving her attention. Perhaps, it's because of you, she's starting to become more confident.

In the event that she attempts to call you again, how about rejecting her on her invitations? You could tell her that you're proud of her active participation in the case discussions or something. That way, you're kinda implying that you appreciate the experiences you've had being with her and being without her knowing that this whole time there's not going to be any deeper connection. It may look like you've failed many times for taking those risks but the truth is, SHE failed many times to SHOW her appreciation and undervalued your efforts in trying to build something special. Don't worry. Somewhere in the near future, you will gain what you've determined to achieve. ... (erm... I dunno if that made sense lol)

I called her and had a long conversation with her. Yeah, she got my gift, and she likes it, but at the same time, she is also REALLY stressed out about what I said in the valentine card. Basicly, I wrote a lot sweet words and they are too much for her. I think the people who gave me suggestions of not giving her anything for valentine, or start being friend with her are right. A SA girl is different from normal girl. And here's my tip from experience: you have to work EXTRA slow with them, maybe very very slow. I was laying on the bed this afternoon, stressing out over why didn't she say a word to me. But at the same time, she was also stressing out about what she should do. She told me that she wants to thank me but she doesn't know how to approach me, because there is more she want to say but don't know how to say it.

So, the bottom line is, IF A SA GIRL DOESN'T SURE ABOUT HER FEELING FOR YOU, DON'T DO ANYTHING AGGRESSIVE. A nice person from this forum warned me last week from his personal experience that doing aggressive things to an uncertain SA girl could totally shut her down. I totally agree with him now, too bad I was blinded with my passion, but lucky for me, we were still able to talk it out. We are both reaching a point that it is so stressful that it's not even enjoyable for any of us. We are both getting choked in this situation, which interfered with our lives. We cannot concentrate on anything besides worrying about what to say to each other.

So what is our conclusion in the end? Her point: Be friend first and let god guide us to where we suppose to be, if it's gonna happened, then it will, if god decides to not let it happen, then it won't. Trust god and just be friends for now.
I agree with her, be friends is the best and the only option in this situation because I made my move too aggressive, which actually kicked back our relationship 50 steps. But since I'm an atheist, here is my point: I have already done my part of showing interest, be friend now and don't do anything with intimacy unless she started it first. Always plan things ahead of time despite that she assert that we should let god control us, so act natural and be confident. Invade her heart slowly and draw her toward you.

So for those who are reading this, remember 2 things to deal with SA girl: Patience and Communication. I can't imagine what would happened if I didn't gather the ball to call her and talked all these out. My valentine move kicked back our relationship 50 steps back, but the conversation made it 20 steps forward. So communication is really important because she/he might worrying about the same thing that you are worrying.

Guys, I made a lot bad moves in this relationship, at this point, I'm not very optimistic about the outcome, probably 40/60 (success/fail). But I learned a lot from this, it is a valuable experience. So, I hope you can learn from my lessons and succeed with your relationship. Remember, always keep a positive attitude, be proud of who you are, and work hard for the things that you want!

kinghatred

update please ;D
LOL I see there are people still interested in my story, cool, I will keep update if there is new things happening. But I guess I'm done with asking for suggestions. I realized that every people is different, what works for one person might now work for others. The best way is to get to know the girl that you like is observe her behavior and expression and be able to think in her position.

So after Tuesday, things weren't getting along very well between us. On Wednesday, we went to a dining place to celebrate a classmate's birthday. I can see very obviously that she wants no interaction with me. We were sitting on two different sides of the table, and throughout the entire time, she didn't even glance me once. There was anxiety on her face since I showed up, when I saw her cold like that, even though I wanted to sit beside her and talk to her, but I couldn't, I'm afraid that's gonna scare her even more. After we were done and ready to leave, I finally gathered some guts and approached her at the parking lot when there was nobody around. I asked how is going and if she still wants to go to the bible study tomorrow (we made the appointment with a christian mentor last Sunday). I noticed uncomfortable expressions written all over her face as soon as she saw me approaching, and as I was talking, she didn't even stop walking, she only slowed her steps but still moving toward her car. Yeah, that's how awkward it was. In the end she saw me threw this question at her, she finally stopped, but staring at somewhere else instead of looking at me, she said she forgot about the appointment and she probably gonna be very busy tomorrow. Then she said, if I really want go to that bible study then she can probably consider going with me if I really want to. Come on, I'm not an idiot, it's pretty clear that she doesn't want go with me. So I said never mind, I will tell that guy to switch to some other time, then we just got into the our cars and drove off.

I was checking my email later that same day and saw there was an email, which she send to me before. She selected a part from the bible, which talks about love between man and woman and she wants me to read it because she said that part helped her a lot. So I grabbed my bible and started reading that part and immediately I got pissed off, here's the part:

"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.[a] 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light."

Why does she wants me to read this part? Is she trying to infer that all the things that I have done for her in the past month only made her think that I am sexual immoral? I am greedy and I am an Idolator? WTF!?!?! I can't believe this, I felt very insulted at that moment and I was really pissed off. Honestly folks, for the past month, I put my whole heart into this, I tried everything I possibly can to make her happy. I never dated anyone before, I am a total noob at dating, but I tried my best to win the heart of my dream girl. I hate to get up in the morning but I got up at 6 on her birthday to make her breakfast, I was a selfish person, never want to spent a penny for my friend but I was so happy when I was paying for her meal, movie ticket and buying stuffs for her. I prepared the valentine gift for her for 2 weeks. I made a trojan horse out of cardboard, from design, cutting and put it up, I did all by myself, I loaded Horse with the most expensive chocolate that I could found in walmart, I bought the most beautiful card for her (****ing cost me 8 dollars! somebody plz explain to me why a valentine card cost 8 dollars?), I wrote down the words from the bottom of my heart on that card. I stayed until 5 a.m. in the morning to finish the gift and drove to her apartment and left in front of her door. and all of these, ALL OF THESE in exchange for this? That I am sexual immoral? I'm an indolator? I'm trying to lure her into the darkness from the light? This is way too messed up. I can't even describe how sad and disappointed I was at that moment.

kinghatred

I really wanted to wrote her an email and ask her why she think me in such way. But my consciousness stopped me from doing so. I remembered one famous quote from Daoism: "do not make promise when you are happy, do not make a reply when you are sad and do not make a decision when you are angry. Think three times before you decide to do anything." So I decided to wait until the next morning and see how I feel. And in the next morning, I felt lucky for not doing anything aggressive last night, I was calmed, I told myself, if this is really what she think of me, then I guess we are really not meant to be together. There is no reason for me to retaliate and attack her feeling, because I still love her as always, I can't do things to hurt her, I'd rather myself to be the one that's getting hurt. But since she seems really doesn't like me, I will just treat her politely like a normal friend and try not to bother her again.

And that was what I did on Thursday, I still nod and say hi to her when I saw her but I tried to keep some distance from her. After class, she asked me if I called that guy from church and if I let him know about the "switching to another time". I told her no, I didn't call it off, I will go there by myself. She looked a little surprised, I think in the past I always made it clear that I will go to church or bible study only if she goes too. But this is the first time I've decided to go there without her.

On the way of driving back to home, I received a phone call from her, I couldn't pick it up because I was driving and my phone was in my backpack. I was a little excited because I thought she might be calling because she wanted to go with me. So I called her back when I got back home, I called twice but she didn't pick it up. So my heart was kinda cold again, I was laughing at myself for my naive expectation. I turned off my phone and started to charging it because it's almost out of power.

At 2 a.m. in the morning before I went to sleep, I turned on my cellphone after it was recharged. And then the most surprising thing happened. Guys, I am not exaggerating since there is no reason for me to do so. 1 minute after I turned on my cellphone, it started to ring, I got a call from her. Yes, she called me at 2 a.m. in the morning when she always go to sleep around 10 p.m.. I picked up the phone and said Hello? Because I couldn't imagine it is her. But it was really her. She sounds very tired but she the first couple of things that she said, struck me hard and kinda raised my hope again.
She said, " I just wanna say, I'm really sorry for behave so weird in the past couple of days. I know I like you but I just don't know what to do, I also really like your gift, thank you, but I didn't know what to say at that time...etc"
So, that pretty much started the conversation, we talked for almost 2 hours that night. I told her I was sorry for making aggressive move without consider her feeling and I also told her I was very sad to saw the part from bible that she wanted me to read because I thought she perceived me as sexual immoral and trying to take advantage of her. She said, "no, no that's not what I meant, I was referring that to myself not to you. " Then she told me what is really bothering her. it was at that point, I realized that "social anxiety" was not the thing that causing her problem, she got rid of social anxiety a long time ago, she is fine now. The real problem that is bothering her is "she cannot trust man who is trying to do good things to her because she thinks all they want is sex." She said during her high school and college, guys around her always behave like that, flirting with girls, lure them to have sex then dump them, and later bragging to other people how easy those girls were. She said those things gave her very bad impression of the relationship between boy and girl. and she is assuming this is what every man thinks and acts. She is afraid of getting hurt so she is kinda refusing to accept any intimate relationship.

Well, I told her I felt her pain but at the same time, I promised her I am definitely not that kinda of person. I told her for the past month I been close to her, all I wanted is to do good things for her and make her happy. I'm always giving and never asked anything in return. And honestly, I am a very traditional man, I stayed single for 25 years not because I couldn't get any girls, it's because I haven't met a girl that I like so much that makes me willing to sacrifice so much. Through out these 25 years, I think there were about 5 girls who either asked or inferred that they wanted to be my girlfriend, but I turned all of them down, because I have no feelings for them. My friends accused me for being too picky, I agree, of course I'm picky, because I only date the girl that I think I can spend the rest of my life with her. A lot of my friends don't understand. They were like :"man, you are wasting your life! Why don't you hook up with some girl for now, get some experience, then later chase the one that you like, so you don't have to stay single all the time!" I was like "WTF? playing around with other girl just to get laid? that's pathetic!" I might be an arrogant person, but I do stick with my principles and one of my principle is "never compromise with love." I can see myself living alone, until age 100, laying on the bed by myself and die with no one around. Cool, I'm perfectly fine with this. But laying on a bed and having sex with a girl that I don't like? Hell no! I can never do this. I believe your principle and your attitude defines who you are. you can change your name the next day, no big deal, thats just a title. But once you change your principle, the old you is gone. The "you" that you always been proud of, is disappeared. There is nothing more sad than losing yourself and losing your faith. I am always proud of myself thus, I will never do things against my principle.

She said she admires my principle, but honestly I don't know if she really means it or just trying to say something make me feel better. But this is who I am, and because of my pride. I will never be the one whose begging for the relationship. I always give all I got, put in all my efforts in things that I believe in. I try my best and I leave no regret, if I failed in the end, no problem, I go pursuit another. This is my attitude in this relationship. Basicly at this point, I felt I have done everything I can, what happens next, and what she really thinks of me, are not in my control.

That night we talked a lot about other stuffs, but in the end, I felt we talked out of all the things that bothering us. She still says that she likes me but she doesn't know if she loves me and she still doesn't know what to do. I told her, it's ok, she doesn't has to do anything, I did all those things because I am happy to do it, as long as she is happy, then I will be happy. But honestly guys, A girl called you at 2 a.m. in the morning and talked with you for 2 hours, that has to mean that I am some kinda "special" friend for her, right? Plus in the end, she said we should definitely have another "movie night" at her place. I said that sounds wonderful, I said I downloaded tons of classic movies and i would love to watch with her. Then she joke, "oh those movies you stealing from online? fine but I don't want get caught when you are arrested."

So what do you think guys? Do I still have a chance or not? I felt we have broke the ice at least, but I don't know what would happened when we saw each other face to face again, maybe she will have another panic attack. Or maybe, she doesn't like me in the "romantic way" at all, maybe I'm not her type and she just want some normal friend to hang out with. So what do you think? But to be honest wit you, at this point, even though I love her as much as the first day I saw her, I felt like I can accept any outcome. ;)

kinghatred

Moooaaaarrrrrrrr!!!

Too bad, there won't be anymore
Since Monday, she suddenly starting to avoid me, when she saw me walking toward her, she will head in the other direction, you switched her seat in the classroom and never pick up my call anymore. I tried to approach her and start a conversation, but she won't even giving me that chance, she just do whatever she can do avoid any interaction with me.

I wrote her an email and asked her what's going on and said if I did anything wrong, just let me know and I will change it but she didn't reply. And to be honest with you, at this point, I'm more upset than sad. I mean wtf? I mean seriously WTF!? She called me on Sunday and everything was fine, and then Monday just completely changed! Here's my thought: if there is a problem, then speak up, if there is a change of mind, then just tell me. If shes letting me know in a polite way, I definitely won't bother her again. I just hate sitting in here without clue and doesn't know what the problem is. I did all those things for her and I have never asked anything in return. Now I'm just asking if there was something that I did made her upset and she won't even respond. I felt like she doesn't respect me at all. If she just doesn't like me, I will be sad but I will accept it with an open mind. But the way she is treating me now is very immature and irresponsible, I can not tolerate things like this. How is it possible to imagine living with people like this for the rest of your life?

So guys, I'm done, if this is the way she wanted to be, then so be it. I'm glad I finally realized that she is not the one that fit me. I will keep a distance with her and move on from now.

Shyangel

That girl is horrible. I'm glad your deciding not to waste your effort on her anymore.
You did everything you could and did nothing wrong. If it was meant to be she would have responded. Or, she could just be an unappreciative *bleep*, either way, you don't want to proceed with this anymore. Move on, and find a woman worth all your love and affection.
Your great guy. You'll find someone wonderful one day, I'm sure of it.