I have a big feat to take on which'll change my life for the better.

Forgotten-Children

My mom-in-law plans on buying bus tickets for me to move down to come live with the family. The trip will me long (A day and a half to be exact). I'll be alone on the whole trip but in the end, I finally be with the man I love.

What's amazing is that I'm ecstatic! I WANT to step out into the world! Heh, I'm so excited that I wanna pack up my things right now. ^^; However, things won't be set in stone. Mom-in-law may not have the money for the tickets if some random bill comes up, and also, I need to convince my mom to actually LET me go and not just keep me around for money (even though I have none)

But it's amazing to know that I've grown so much to conquer my fear of people. I mean, I honestly don't think I would have been able to do it had not James helped me out all this time.

Once I move out, my life can FINALLY start! I'm so happy now! ;w;

The only snag is... once I move, I won't be able to come here anymore so with that in mind, I love all you guys and I hope that things in your lives will come out great *gives entire forum a hug*

EDIT: More stuffs. :3

I know I'm kind of bumping this thread but I wanna make sure this move is perfect and don't forget anything important, so just a question to those who have already moved to their permanent home, can you give me advice of what needed to be brought with me (other than obvious things like clothes, my own paperwork, and personal belongings)?

I already have all my video game systems together that I want to bring (except for my N64 but that's only because it's broken. I'm bringing the games to it though because I have the golden cartridge of TLoZ:OoT, golden HOLOGRAPHIC cartridge of TLoZ:MM, and Pokemon Stadium)

I have my Pokemon plushies and my old Woody doll from Toy Story which I had ever since I was 3 years old. (I know it may sound odd for me to bring him along with me since I'm an adult but... can YOU part with the toy which was your "security blanket"? I know I could never let him go no matter how damaged he is. He's still my baby.)

I need to buy a lunchbox to keep filling food in I know as well as a cheap CD player just so I won't be bored to tears during the trip. Sure I have my Gameboy Color and GBA, but their batteries won't last long, plus apparantly you can develop motion sickness if you play for 6 hours strait on a bus. I mean, I know I never had motion sickness (let alone being sick in general since I have a strong immune system. The last time I was sick was in '07 with the flu)

I have my cell phone and my wallet in my purse so I KNOW I won't forget them. (probably my most important things out of all of them. xD)

--BOY ALERT! GIRL TALK AHEAD-- (skip if you don't like the topic of girl clothes)

As far as clothes I know I should go clothes shoping for new bras and underwear because I can't tell what's mine from my mom's or sisters. x-x (I'm not a girly girl at all. I just wear what I find that's comfortable)

--BOY ALERT END--

Other than what I need to bring I FINALLY figured out what I need to do inorder to get to the bus station by using the Metrolink. (I tried the Taxi company first but there's only one in the area which'll come to the town that I live and to get to the Greyhound station using their services would be like $60 atleast! I don't have that kind of money to just spend without any worry)

Luckily the Metrolink has a $2 fare so at the most I'll be spending about $4-5. Yay! :D That's VERY do-able.

I think that's all I have done, my mom-in-law and grandma are gonna pay for the bus tickets so if you guys have any suggestions on what else to bring or do PLEASE let me know!

EDIT again: I was wrong when I thought I was gonna leave during Febuary. I'm gonna leave in either late March or early April. Dx That seems so far away...

Last edited:
Life Savers

Awwh Congrats, I'm really happy for you :). I hope everything goes well and as planned. You can always check back if ever possible, although I see you may not have the means to do so. I just think it might be nice to see how you are doing! So good luck, and have a wonderful time!

Forgotten-Children

*happy tears* Thanks so much guys. ;w; *huggles*

The reason I have to leave is because I was't exacty supposed to be on here but I felt neded to be because I neded a boost in confidence. Now that I have it though I feel like staying here would only make me seem clingy and just would make it seem like I'm not trying to get better I guess. Nothing against you guys but if you want to stay in contact with me, I can give you my EMail to whoever wants it. :3 Just PM me.

Forgotten-Children

I know I'm kind of bumping this thread but I wanna make sure this move is perfect and don't forget anything important, so just a question to those who have already moved to their permanent home, can you give me advice of what needed to be brought with me (other than obvious things like clothes, my own paperwork, and personal belongings)?

I already have all my video game systems together that I want to bring (except for my N64 but that's only because it's broken. I'm bringing the games to it though because I have the golden cartridge of TLoZ:OoT, golden HOLOGRAPHIC cartridge of TLoZ:MM, and Pokemon Stadium)

I have my Pokemon plushies and my old Woody doll from Toy Story which I had ever since I was 3 years old. (I know it may sound odd for me to bring him along with me since I'm an adult but... can YOU part with the toy which was your "security blanket"? I know I could never let him go no matter how damaged he is. He's still my baby.)

I need to buy a lunchbox to keep filling food in I know as well as a cheap CD player just so I won't be bored to tears during the trip. Sure I have my Gameboy Color and GBA, but their batteries won't last long, plus apparantly you can develop motion sickness if you play for 6 hours strait on a bus. I mean, I know I never had motion sickness (let alone being sick in general since I have a strong immune system. The last time I was sick was in '07 with the flu)

I have my cell phone and my wallet in my purse so I KNOW I won't forget them. (probably my most important things out of all of them. xD)

--BOY ALERT! GIRL TALK AHEAD-- (skip if you don't like the topic of girl clothes)

As far as clothes I know I should go clothes shoping for new bras and underwear because I can't tell what's mine from my mom's or sisters. x-x (I'm not a girly girl at all. I just wear what I find that's comfortable)

--BOY ALERT END--

Other than what I need to bring I FINALLY figured out what I need to do inorder to get to the bus station by using the Metrolink. (I tried the Taxi company first but there's only one in the area which'll come to the town that I live and to get to the Greyhound station using their services would be like $60 atleast! I don't have that kind of money to just spend without any worry)

Luckily the Metrolink has a $2 fare so at the most I'll be spending about $4-5. Yay! :D That's VERY do-able.

I think that's all I have done, my mom-in-law and grandma are gonna pay for the bus tickets so if you guys have any suggestions on what else to bring or do PLEASE let me know!

Liam17

--BOY ALERT END--

Cigarettes and alcohol.

3lefts

I would take extra pots, pans, silverware, toilet paper, anything really...
I mean, if you're living on your own, then again you could just buy this stuff? Sounds like you don't like wasting money though, so I'd take extras from home..
I really want to move out too.. afraid of the costs though. You will be living with your boyfriend? So is all of this already worked out?

Forgotten-Children

I would take extra pots, pans, silverware, toilet paper, anything really...
I mean, if you're living on your own, then again you could just buy this stuff? Sounds like you don't like wasting money though, so I'd take extras from home..
I really want to move out too.. afraid of the costs though. You will be living with your boyfriend? So is all of this already worked out?

Well with that stuff, my mom-in-law has all that so me bringing any would just be a waste of space in my suitcase (not to mention I wouldn't be able to fit them anyway. x-x)

I don't like to waste money only because I have a very low budget. Most of the money I haave will be spent on food on the way.

Yeah I am, and I believe everything'll work out but hypothetically, if it doesn't, mom-in-law'll by be a ticket back here.

Cigarettes and alcohol.

Erm... I don't smoke or drink. Nor do I want to, but thanks for the advice I guess... ^^;

Luke1993

hehe this is great to hear that you will be with your boyfriend!

You were a superb user here! It's a shame you have to go, but I understand your reasons completely. All the best!

Forgotten-Children

hehe this is great to hear that you will be with your boyfriend!

You were a superb user here! It's a shame you have to go, but I understand your reasons completely. All the best!

*big hug* Thanks. :3

Well just because I won't come on here anymore doesn't mean we can't stay in contact. If you wanna talk to me later on, just PM me if you want my EMail. :3

3lefts

Well with that stuff, my mom-in-law has all that so me bringing any would just be a waste of space in my suitcase (not to mention I wouldn't be able to fit them anyway. x-x)

Ah, I see then you're pretty set to go :)
Don't think you've missed much, must be exciting.

MaliceInWickedland

Awww, I'm truly happy for you Forgotten-Children!! Hearing stories like these really give me hope for the future, and I'm sure that goes for everyone else on the site. Based on your edit, I believe you're good to go. I really want to say more to you, but I'm not too good at these things as you can see ::p:

In that case, all the luck in the world and my best wishes to you.

Take good care~ :)

Forgotten-Children

Awww, I'm truly happy for you Forgotten-Children!! Hearing stories like these really give me hope for the future, and I'm sure that goes for everyone else on the site. Based on your edit, I believe you're good to go. I really want to say more to you, but I'm not too good at these things as you can see ::p:

In that case, all the luck in the world and my best wishes to you.

Take good care~ :)

Thanks. :3

Well I hope that your guys' futures will all be great. x3

I would hope so. Right now I need to focus on saving my money for food, some new clothes that are actually mine (my mom, sister, and I share clothes at times), my lunch box, and bus tickets. My grandma says she'll give me the rest of the money I need for my trip so that's good. :3

Thanks. I just REALLY want this to happen.

That's awesome to hear! :) Good luck!!

Thanks. :3

Feathers

Good luck!! :)

It'll be still good to hear from you now and then! - I'd be happy to get your e-mail too! :)

Just remember don't sign any iffy paperwork, or life insurance in your bf's family! (I've seen too many odd movies lol)

What to take? Maybe divide number of bras/clothes you and mom and sis have and take what's 'your' amount? (Or if you bought two, just take two..)
Could you find some affordable and pretty retro/2nd hand clothes? (Some may still look very pretty!) You could check if your area or the new area has better bargains/shops? It's good to have a few nice things, some can be more 'everyday' though.. And you can probably get things there too..

Have you taken any trips before? - What did you need or what did you maybe miss most? Some things you can buy there... (depending where they live..)

It's good to tell some trusty relatives or friends (maybe your grandma?) of your whereabouts and contact number/e-mail etc... and to contact them after you move too...

Do you have any artwork/writings or books or such to bring along? Any old diaries, good memories or photo albums? Anything you wouldn't wish your family to find or throw away or borrow, might be better packed off somewhere safe or...? :) (You could also take digital photos, so you don't have to bring the items..)

Very exciting indeed!! :) Keep us posted!

Forgotten-Children

Good luck!! :)

It'll be still good to hear from you now and then! - I'd be happy to get your e-mail too! :)

Just remember don't sign any iffy paperwork, or life insurance in your bf's family! (I've seen too many odd movies lol)

What to take? Maybe divide number of bras/clothes you and mom and sis have and take what's 'your' amount? (Or if you bought two, just take two..)
Could you find some affordable and pretty retro/2nd hand clothes? (Some may still look very pretty!) You could check if your area or the new area has better bargains/shops? It's good to have a few nice things, some can be more 'everyday' though.. And you can probably get things there too..

Have you taken any trips before? - What did you need or what did you maybe miss most? Some things you can buy there... (depending where they live..)

It's good to tell some trusty relatives or friends (maybe your grandma?) of your whereabouts and contact number/e-mail etc... and to contact them after you move too...

Do you have any artwork/writings or books or such to bring along? Any old diaries, good memories or photo albums? Anything you wouldn't wish your family to find or throw away or borrow, might be better packed off somewhere safe or...? :) (You could also take digital photos, so you don't have to bring the items..)

Very exciting indeed!! :) Keep us posted!

Err.. Well it was kinda the other way around. I'd give you my Email and we can talk that way. It just seems easier that way.

Iffy paperwork? o-O; Eh... Heh this sounds completely horrid but if they do have life insurance it's extremely low because practically everyone in James family including him is dying of something other than one of his uncles. :/ I don't think life insurance for me would really be worth it anyway because I hardly am EVER sick and I've been good with not having anymore sprained ankles. (Yay. I hate those. >3<)

Eh... Still. I think it would just be better to be re-fitted and get atleast 3 of them from like Wal-Mart or something. (someplace cheap)

As far as "outer" clothes, there's no problem with finding decent clothes around the house that I like and that fit me. I have a monster of a closet so jeans and T-shirts are easy to find.

Well yeah. To like my grandma's (same grandma helping me out) house. As far as staying out on my own somewhere, the closest I've ever travled somewhere alone was to a camp with my little sister for a week with hundreds of other girls. (I don't think that counts. x-x; )

Well I know what I need is clothes, food, my paperwork, and my meds (even though I only take 'em during a bad day now).

What I want are my games and plushies, which I already have packed up.

Well yeah, I've already told my mom, dad, siblings, and my grandparents on my dad's side. I still need to tell my mom's parents and my aunt and uncle (if they actually care)

I'm bringings some of my newer artpieces that actually look good. I ended up just throwing away the rest of my very old artwork because it's all utter crap ^^;

Any stuff I'm gonna leave here are all gonna be stored in my desk's drawer so they shouldn't really need to throw anything away so long as it's not in sight.

I'll tell you more info once I have some to give. :3

emerald_star733

My mom-in-law plans on buying bus tickets for me to move down to come live with the family. The trip will me long (A day and a half to be exact). I'll be alone on the whole trip but in the end, I finally be with the man I love.

What's amazing is that I'm ecstatic! I WANT to step out into the world! Heh, I'm so excited that I wanna pack up my things right now. ^^; However, things won't be set in stone. Mom-in-law may not have the money for the tickets if some random bill comes up, and also, I need to convince my mom to actually LET me go and not just keep me around for money (even though I have none)

But it's amazing to know that I've grown so much to conquer my fear of people. I mean, I honestly don't think I would have been able to do it had not James helped me out all this time.

Once I move out, my life can FINALLY start! I'm so happy now! ;w;

The only snag is... once I move, I won't be able to come here anymore so with that in mind, I love all you guys and I hope that things in your lives will come out great *gives entire forum a hug*

EDIT: More stuffs. :3

--BOY ALERT END--

I wish you all the best in life, you will be missed here, best of luck:)

ありがとう

I'm sure everything will go good :D I bet you your new life will be great! It's funny about your bra and underwear issue.

I will probably e-mail you sometimes soon to check up on you x