I hate some people on youtube

Or rather the general lack of manners... I don't understand why there is a need to trash talk all the time. I'm very angry right now. Or more tired really. The world doesn't make any sense.

iason

I also agree with you. But I personally think that the bulk of youtube users is composed with children and stupid teens, which just want to spit out their naughtiest thoughts, dirty words etc to provoke and see they can type anything impunitely. They have fun in that way, provoking and so on. Also some grew up do that, they just want to "fight".
You shouldn't get nervous for that and feel angry with them, the better thing to do is stay calm, and reply very cheerful and friendly and peaceful, even if they offend you... sometimes I did that, it can be funny! and many of them just stopped to write me but I'm sure I "broke their toy", you know what I mean...and some others apologised, also.
But I know, its quite frustrating as a thing.

God bless you, Dronee! I know exactly what you mean! When reading through the video comments, I have often wondered what the hell is wrong with a lot of the YouTube users. Are these the people who walk around smiling in everyone's face. I've never seen so much open hostility, hatred, stupidity, and racism in all of my life. Did you get some unpleasant replies to your video comments?

Someone spoils an entire series of games on a finals. I pointed out that this is considered bad manners (It's downright repulsive). He called me a nerd... But this isn't the first time... Usually it's much worse.

I also agree with you. But I personally think that the bulk of youtube users is composed with children and stupid teens, which just want to spit out their naughtiest thoughts, dirty words etc to provoke and see they can type anything impunitely. They have fun in that way, provoking and so on. Also some grew up do that, they just want to "fight".
You shouldn't get nervous for that and feel angry with them, the better thing to do is stay calm, and reply very cheerful and friendly and peaceful, even if they offend you... sometimes I did that, it can be funny! and many of them just stopped to write me but I'm sure I "broke their toy", you know what I mean...and some others apologised, also.
But I know, its quite frustrating as a thing.

I sometimes thoroughly give them a verbal thrashing (without resorting to vulgarities or insults)... more like the things an adult will do to tell off kids. Usually it works and they're shamed into silence or just have nothing to reply with... but it's tiresome.

DarkPhoenix

It doesn't seem to matter what you say or post, theres always some negative hateful a-hole criticising you, safe behind their computers of course.

Thank you! Someone needed to say it. :7

YouTube is a great initiative, but its community is a very hostile one. If it's not some rude idiot spiting ignorant arguments, it's an elitist popularity buttface trying to put you in your so called ''place''. It's sickening really.. >:C

And you're right, it is unnecessary. Best is to just try and ignore it.. Most of their opinions bare no thought at all, and should not be taken into consideration. You're not a nerd for telling someone to watch their manors, more a gentlemen really. :3

Last edited:

iason

I sometimes thoroughly give them a verbal thrashing (without resorting to vulgarities or insults)... more like the things an adult will do to tell off kids. Usually it works and they're shamed into silence or just have nothing to reply with... but it's tiresome.

just try not to get involved in it... I know that sometimes it arrives the authomatic notify of their trash reply or insults even just if you post a normal comment on a vid, then it becomes hard to ignore the matter... hmm maybe they should create an option to switch off that notifies...

Masychefx2

Banned
i kind of find it annoying how youtube lets nazis make racist channels praising Hitler and stuff and not close them down you think in the 21st century it was unacceptable but i guess not.

philly2bits

I don't even bother to read most of the comments on youtube anymore. It seems every single video, no matter the subject, has stupid comments or outright fighting. I've seen videos with only 5 posts and already an argument was started. People seem to love acting tough behind there computers :rolleyes:

SlanGodhand

Ive seen a lot of rude discrimination towards homosexuals that i think is particularly ignorant. I'm not gay,but if i was i would be offended.
Well i guess it is pretty much everyone who gets slammed on there at some point, sexism, racism, its so sickening.
I often wonder why there are so many a**holes out there.
Ignorant scumbags who have nothing better to do.

WorldEndsWithMe

The hatred and stupidity on youtube is rather overwhelming. I guess people feel safe in their anonymous identity and feel they can be as nasty as they want. I'm sure most of those people aren't actually that mean, but they use youtube as a place to vent or "troll".
Actually the more nasty and out of character you are on the internet, the more cognitive dissonance you will feel, which can actually prompt you to be even nastier. Weird eh?

SoulSeeker

Banned
Cant stand those people. The worst is..if there is someone on there..who is blatantly showing real talent..whatever it may be. Then you get these people posting blatant negative and jealous comments.

It's just so so sad. Cant get my head around why some people cant just show there apprecaition to others talent or success. Jealousy gets you nowhere in life.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
It's easier for some immature kids to say a lot of things when they're hidding behind a computer screen. I bet a lot of them don't have the guts to be like that in real life.

Luke1993

Yes I find the lack of respect on the tubes very saddening, youtube employees should be moderators.

Ritta

I usually try to avoid reading the comments section, because I always find someone posting something offensive. The one that really ticked me off was when Shane's grandma died. Some jerk told him to stop being a wuss and get over it. Seriously, I wonder how he'd feel if someone he cared about passed away. :mad:

Ignace

Yeah, alot of people on YouTube don't seem to care about other people. They just think they can say whatever they want because it's on the internet and not in real life.

Waybuloo

They are just wimps who are out to get cheap thrills, they would never dare say that to someone's face in real life. This is the problem with anonymity on the net... freedom of speech is being exploited to vent abuse and frustration at strangers, and to let prejudices run wild.

It is pretty obvious when someone's being provocative for the sake of it, in that case, if everyone ignores them completely, that makes them feel unimportant and that is the most effective way cause they enjoy making people angry.

There should be a big headline on every youtube page to warn people to ignore the troll.

Last edited: