How would I accept being single forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazycatlady27

i just wanted to know what makes you think that you are so undesirable? why wouldent one woman roaming this earth want you?
have you never had any one as a friend or girl friend ?

coyote

i would love to own one of these:

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0177436143c4970d-800wi

it's beautiful, sexy, rare, and super fast

it would also be terribly difficult to maintain

and the price... umm, let's just say it's out of my budget

so i drive this instead:

2005_Ford_Focus_ZX4_SE.jpg

it's still a good-looking car, isn't it?

and it's affordable to drive, and maintenance is a snap

we've been together for 7 1/2 years

gazelle

i would love to own one of these:

it's still a good-looking car, isn't it?

and it's affordable to drive, and maintenance is a snap

we've been together for 7 1/2 years
^ This.
Or else all of the mediocre and ugly looking people would be single out there.

coyote

I have you beat, I've been with my 1989 Silverado for 12 years. She's a beauty.

i still miss my old second-hand 1971 MGB

she wasn't much to look at - pretty banged up, rust, peeling paint, held together with wire and duct tape

but she was cheap and nimble and handled like a dream

the most fun i had ever had - especially with her top down

sadly, we had to part ways

ahhh, but the memories will last forever

gummybear22

I never said that EVERYONE has the same standards. But even you wouldn't go out with someone who you were not attracted to physically. Like, at all. Basic psychical attraction cannot be over looked. To better understand of what i`m trying to say here, try to imagine yourself dating someone who has a heart of gold, but is generally considered to be unattractive by most people. No. Wait. That`s too easy. He may still be decent enough for further argument. Lets say that, that person would be fat, short, bald, lazy eye`s, hunchbacked, zit infested, unshaven, and posses some odd ideological issue against personal hygiene (someone that refuses to take showers, brush their teeth, etc). Plus, just to make it even more impossible to manage, lets say that this grotesque hypothetical person is also bad in bed. Like, that he`s terrible. Couldn't tell a woman from a sock. Terrible in bed, and has a super small penis. Yup. I believe that should cover it. I bet you that even if you somehow fell madly inlove with his personality, you still wouldn't touch him. Even with a ten foot poll. And you most certainty wouldn't wanna be seen with him in public, let alone, marry him.

-____- first of all, i might go out with someone that i'm not attracted to physically (and i say 'might' because it's unlikely that i'd go out with anyone, let alone someone i like a whole lot, with or without regard to their looks), because who they are matters more to me than what they look like. and haven't you ever heard of someone not being interested physically in someone at first, and his/her attraction to the other grows? it happens enough to give note to.
second of all, just because most people are obsessed with sex doesn't mean i am. i am NOT, by the way. but i don't think there's much point talking to you about any more of this because you'll still opt to stay in the fog rather than seeing what's really there.

Oton

Mario8 no offense mate but you keep calling yourself unattractive and whatnot and say you are afraid to post your picture and when you do you get ''trolled'' and people pity you... i mean people can say you are ugly and you will get mad, they can pity you and say you look great and that will also make you mad. See where i am going with this? If you yourself keep claiming you are unable to get a relationship and that you are very unattractive then is it a suprise if people look at your picture and say the things you keep calling yourself? I hope you get things together because you can't go on like this forever...

Mario8

Banned
Mario8 no offense mate but you keep calling yourself unattractive and whatnot and say you are afraid to post your picture and when you do you get ''trolled'' and people pity you... i mean people can say you are ugly and you will get mad, they can pity you and say you look great and that will also make you mad. See where i am going with this? If you yourself keep claiming you are unable to get a relationship and that you are very unattractive then is it a suprise if people look at your picture and say the things you keep calling yourself? I hope you get things together because you can't go on like this forever...

I`m sorry. Please don`t take this the wrong way, but I honestly barely understood what you wrote. So i`m not sure what to say to you. And no i`m not being sarcastic, your sentences honestly seem mixed or something. Maybe I read this wrong, or something. Not that my English is so great (i`m not American) of course, but i`m afraid that the only thing I really understood from what you said, is that you said that things can`t go on like this forever. So i`m afraid that`s the only thing ill address for now.

Well, who said I was planning on having a future with someone? where have I made such a statement? I don`t believe in that option anymore, and I don't surf the net for dates. That time has passed a long time ago. And about my looks, I... honestly don`t see what so complicated to understand. I`m an ugly guy, so girls don`t go for me. And I don`t like uploading my pictures, both for not wanting to deal with harassment`s, and because I don`t that I will gain something from it. Not that I except anyone to understand because you dunno anything about me, but, just so we are clear on this... I don't go on starting conversations with people by saying "hi! listen, i`m ugly!". This happened to be a topic I can relate too, so I said what I think about that. Maybe I got you wrong or something because I wasn't kidding about not being able to understand you. But for now all I really have to say is, I don't believe in anyone or anything. Not anymore. Myself, included. I don`t care if I live to be 80, or even if I die tomorrow. And the same idea apply to what people think about me, or my attitude. I really don't care about anything anymore.

In short: I do not seek approval for my behavior, nor do I care for lectures from people who dunno me. I`m just trying to spare myself further aggravations by not posting pictures of myself. If your happy with the way you look, your ideology, etc etc, than i`m happy for you. And, please, do not mistake this reply as an open invitation to an argument. Ive had enough of those and i`m starting to get tired from being polite to people who judge me. You seem nice, so i`m keeping this on a low flame for now. But, please do not insult my intelligence by trying to lecture me about whats right or wrong. If you, or anyone else here for that matter, even knew 1% of what I go through (not to mention what I went through), you wouldn't be surprised about anything. Oh well. I`m guessing that my days in this forum are numbered anyhow, so what the hell. I`m tired of explaining myself.

Mario8

Banned
-____- first of all, i might go out with someone that i'm not attracted to physically (and i say 'might' because it's unlikely that i'd go out with anyone, let alone someone i like a whole lot, with or without regard to their looks), because who they are matters more to me than what they look like. and haven't you ever heard of someone not being interested physically in someone at first, and his/her attraction to the other grows? it happens enough to give note to.
second of all, just because most people are obsessed with sex doesn't mean i am. i am NOT, by the way. but i don't think there's much point talking to you about any more of this because you'll still opt to stay in the fog rather than seeing what's really there.

That "fog" is called "reality". But sure. If you really think that you can practice what you preach, than good for you. You must be a saint. I deleted the original message because I have decided not to try to argue with you. I will no longer discuss such matters with you. We will simply have to agree to disagree. Its not like this changes anything. Anyhow. That will be all.

Last edited:

gummybear22

>:\ seems you try really hard to push everyone away. no wonder few people want to interact with you more than just distant online stuff. keep up your hostility and you'll not even have those people. just because you've had a really rough life doesn't mean you should make it rougher. that's a hOrrible idea. try to soften your attitude and everything else about your personality just a little bit. a little goes a long way.

Oton

I`m sorry. Please don`t take this the wrong way, but I honestly barely understood what you wrote. So i`m not sure what to say to you. And no i`m not being sarcastic, your sentences honestly seem mixed or something. Maybe I read this wrong, or something. Not that my English is so great (i`m not American) of course, but i`m afraid that the only thing I really understood from what you said, is that you said that things can`t go on like this forever. So i`m afraid that`s the only thing ill address for now.

Well, who said I was planning on having a future with someone? where have I made such a statement? I don`t believe in that option anymore, and I don't surf the net for dates. That time has passed a long time ago. And about my looks, I... honestly don`t see what so complicated to understand. I`m an ugly guy, so girls don`t go for me. And I don`t like uploading my pictures, both for not wanting to deal with harassment`s, and because I don`t that I will gain something from it. Not that I except anyone to understand because you dunno anything about me, but, just so we are clear on this... I don't go on starting conversations with people by saying "hi! listen, i`m ugly!". This happened to be a topic I can relate too, so I said what I think about that. Maybe I got you wrong or something because I wasn't kidding about not being able to understand you. But for now all I really have to say is, I don't believe in anyone or anything. Not anymore. Myself, included. I don`t care if I live to be 80, or even if I die tomorrow. And the same idea apply to what people think about me, or my attitude. I really don't care about anything anymore.

In short: I do not seek approval for my behavior, nor do I care for lectures from people who dunno me. I`m just trying to spare myself further aggravations by not posting pictures of myself. If your happy with the way you look, your ideology, etc etc, than i`m happy for you. And, please, do not mistake this reply as an open invitation to an argument. Ive had enough of those and i`m starting to get tired from being polite to people who judge me. You seem nice, so i`m keeping this on a low flame for now. But, please do not insult my intelligence by trying to lecture me about whats right or wrong. If you, or anyone else here for that matter, even knew 1% of what I go through (not to mention what I went through), you wouldn't be surprised about anything. Oh well. I`m guessing that my days in this forum are numbered anyhow, so what the hell. I`m tired of explaining myself.

Mario sorry i mean i didn't want to come over as a jackass that is judging you or trying to lecture you.I was just trying to help, and yes english isn't my first language either so sometimes it's not really clear what i'm trying to say. But anyways if you are tired explaining yourself then it's cool you don't have to i understand that but remember i am also ugly. I know that myself, i have been called ugly by friends and family so i can sort of relate to you. Even then i believe you when you say most people won't understand what you went through i really do.

Mario8

Banned
>:\ seems you try really hard to push everyone away. no wonder few people want to interact with you more than just distant online stuff. keep up your hostility and you'll not even have those people. just because you've had a really rough life doesn't mean you should make it rougher. that's a hOrrible idea. try to soften your attitude and everything else about your personality just a little bit. a little goes a long way.

Wait a sec. I`m the one that`s being difficult here? really? i`m the one that`s been insisting on turning this into a fight? :eek: I really don`t understand why your making such a big deal outta this, and why your blaming me for it. You forget that... this whole thing really started because you couldn't handle a friendly joke. And, yes, it was friendly and painstakingly obvious. And it was far from being offending too. And no, you don`t have to take my word for it either - ask anyone. So, please, don`t try to go all high and mighty on me because we both know that between the two us, i`m not the one that takes everything literally. Ive been trying to keep things civil and friendly. But being as you keep on trying to argue with every word I say (all the time!) just because I think differently than you, than maybe its time to take things up a notch.

You know... ive.. really been trying to go easy on you. And ive been doing that because you seem like a very nice person. And until now, I saw no reason to actually try to argue with you for real. And when I say "for real", what I actually mean by that, is that I have been trying to avoid an academic discussion about the subjects you keep raising. And I do this because I don`t like using that approach with people I like. You asked me once what I studied in college, right? well, before I got ill and had to drop from school, I was half way around the middle of my second year, majoring in psychology and social studies. So if you really want us to make this argument painstakingly difficult for ideology alone, if you really want me to prove to you where your right, and were your wrong (on an academic level) then be my guest. Though I will ask of you one last time to please try to avoid this because you will not like it. And neither will I. Right now I can see that your starting to go on the offensive, am i`m tempted to do so as well. But please don`t take it there.

Second. I cannot soften myself anymore than I am now, and this is due to me being on defense. And right now, this is your fault. If you want me to chill, than maybe you should stop trying to come at me with this BS. You have your ideology in life, and I can respect that. You keep on saying that everyone is different etc etc, so why can`t you make peace with a point of view that`s different than yours? I don`t want to use the "age card" because I don`t really believe in using that, but being as I did infact go through a lot of crap (more than most people. Even in a place like this), my points of view have indeed been shaped this way.

Look. All and all, if talking to me is too much, than don`t do it. Because I have to tell you, I do not believe that you can change my opinions. And as for my personality... I am what I am. And if someone as flawed as me can respect the way that you are, than surely a person that would claim to be better, wold be able to do that as well. And make no mistake - This will be the last time I try to be nice about this. I gave you a fair warning, and ive tried to let things be. The next move is yours. Oh. And, please, don't try to insult my intelligence - I believe that we both know when it comes to dating, your picky, okay? just like everyone else. Its called standards, and even you have them. Your not a saint. Get over yourself.

Last edited:

Mario8

Banned
Mario sorry i mean i didn't want to come over as a jackass that is judging you or trying to lecture you.I was just trying to help, and yes english isn't my first language either so sometimes it's not really clear what i'm trying to say. But anyways if you are tired explaining yourself then it's cool you don't have to i understand that but remember i am also ugly. I know that myself, i have been called ugly by friends and family so i can sort of relate to you. Even then i believe you when you say most people won't understand what you went through i really do.

Oh... I see. Than the apology is mine. I hope you can forgive me :sad: i`m sorry I jumped on you with this. I was just getting tired of having to defend myself all the time (look at my previous posts here). People who aren't like you and me, don't really know what its like. Oh sure, everyone knows that cliche to say to us, and how this works in theory.. but to really understand people like us.. a person has to live it. It takes one, to know one. There`s no way around it.

May I ask.. have you found a way to beat this? do you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, or are you single like me?

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
For gods sake get a room you two.

Thread closed as I'm sick of the bickering and it looks like the OP gave up on it long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.