How the **** do I get noticed?

Being noticed is pretty annoying, especially when you just want to sit in a corner of a pub or house party and get drunk quietly.

philly2bits

Being noticed is pretty annoying, especially when you just want to sit in a corner of a pub or house party and get drunk quietly.

Not that I'm an expert on being annoyed but I'd take that over being invisible any day. I've been invisible long enough.

Not that I'm an expert on being annoyed but I'd take that over being invisible any day. I've been invisible long enough.

Being noticed sometimes by the wrong people can lead to annoying situations.

Being annoyed and angry over being invisible is....well....annoying.

mmmm

I'm sure that's a big part of it too. Although I did a sucky job of explaining what I mean in that thread. I'm sure I come off as a big jerk in it so that thread probably isn't the best to read.

You didn't come across as a jerk at all. I should have referred to it as the not knowing how to care about people thread. What I was trying and failing miserably to say (because this is true for me) is that if you don't know how to care about people, maybe you've never learned how to recognise when people care about you. And if you don't recognise it, you probably won't respond in the way that non S'phobes would. "Normal" people would pick up on this in like 2 seconds and move on to someone else who gave the response that makes sense to them. But then, you're such a joy in the chatbox so I don't see this applying to you. Maybe you just think it does.

Feathers

Hey Philly,

I don't think you go unnoticed, even though you may feel that way... Maybe sometimes people can get a bit intimidated, some people on spw may have fear of authority figures, you know :)

It might help if you put some of your hobbies and interests in your profile, so people can know more about you and what to ask if they need help with? :)

'Tis the holidays/vacations for many on this site and they may be bored, and in chatting with them you may be helping them through the day already... What kind of stuff would you like to help people with? Building boats? Maintaining exotic pets? :) Overcoming sa/depression? Career advice? Plumbing? And in what way/s?

IQ is just a number, I'm sure you know a lot about really interesting things.... You might just need to find people also interested in the same/similar things...

I just jump into any thread that might seem interesting, or write visitor's messages or PMs if someone seems miserable in the 'How do you feel' threads... People do seem to notice & appreciate it... (Though of course I'm not even close to Lady Gaga.. lol Luckily!!!)

And who do you want to get noticed by? Might wanna consider it a bit.. What kind of people would you like to talk to and in what manner...

PS How are you? :)