How much stuff do you own?

ありがとう

In the past few days I've been getting rid of things. I tell myself I don't really need anything other than my laptop, phone, clothes and a notepad/pen. I don't really have much compared to all my friends.. And I wondered if it's necessary to get rid of them... It just got me thinking really.

How much material possessions do you have?
Are you a hoarder?
Is it necessary for you to have these things?
If you don't have many things - why's that?

Hoppy

I used to have stuff, not much, but enough to fill up a lot of my life.

Then I got fed up, dicovered the 100 things challenge and finally during the last Christmas holidays I cleared out everything I owe, decided what to keep and what to get rid of. Now I'm looking at everything again, and if needed I will reduce my stuff to even less.

If I really had to choose, I think the only things that I would take with me when I move is clothing, and that is just because I had to wear clothes in public.

I do believe this is not because it is good thing for me to do but because of my mental state at present I felt I had to do it.

coyote

i really feel like i have way too much stuff

it's one of my goals to reduce my stuff significantly this year

if anyone wants some of it, let me know

if you come here with a big truck or something and help me go through it

i'll let you take it for free

MrJones

Way too much. I would like to be able to live more free and have only the minimum to survive, so others can have what I don't need. Maybe when I move out, or whatever is going to happen, because I have no idea what is going to happen with my life, maybe then I'll get rid of what I don't need.

i really feel like i have way too much stuff

it's one of my goals to reduce my stuff significantly this year

if anyone wants some of it, let me know

if you come here with a big truck or something and help me go through it

i'll let you take it for free

If you put stuff out the front with a 'free, please take' sign, it will go. Then there's the guys from American Pickers if you've got any old retro/vintage things. They love bikes if you have any old ones!
Mike Wolfe | American Pickers | Antique Archaeology | History Channel

Iluv

Let's just say I own enough! I'm a hoarder when it comes to makeup because for some reason I just love it all! But other than that I try to keep my room and stuff clean .

coyote

If you put stuff out the front with a 'free, please take' sign, it will go. Then there's the guys from American Pickers if you've got any old retro/vintage things. They love bikes if you have any old ones!
Mike Wolfe | American Pickers | Antique Archaeology | History Channel

by golly, you're right - i should try that this summer when the crowds are here

i already considered that with some of my 60 bicycles

i'm going to try to get a few dollars for the good ones

I have a slight hoarding problem. I have real trouble throwing old things out. I always want to hold onto it in case I might need it in the future. My living areas are clear, it's my cupboards/cabinets/wardrobes that are all stuffed full of stuff I can't throw out.
I don't own this old stuff because I like to own lots of things, my brain just can't stop thinking that I might need it sometime in the future :s

WeirdyMcGee

I move very often.
All of my belongings can be put into a cargo van. (and I have enough to fill a whole apartment- not just my bedroom)
Whenever I buy something new; I donate something old.

I wish I had even less stuff than I do now, but I've been hoping to have a home to live in rather than just moving from apartment to shack to boathouse to trailer to house...
That may never happen, though.
Perhaps it will one day and I'll finally be able to take grandma's antiques out of their boxes and display them?
I just don't like having so many 'things' when there are SO many people out there with nothing.

What takes up the most space are my computers/recording equipment/gear/instruments.
I used to have alot more but moving to college; I had to sell most of it to be able to afford moving costs.
I have no 'home'. My family doesn't own any property of their own. We're always moving, so it's easier to keep things as light as possible because the next move could be just around the corner.

MikeyC

Weirdy, if I were rich enough, I would buy a house in Canada and have you live in it just so you could say you had a home. :)

To the subject matter at hand, I have way too much stuff. I don't live within my means in my room and more often recently I have wanted to clear a lot of it out. My CD's take up a lot of space and they're staying no matter what, but if I ever move out of this place I will be having minimal furniture.

Rawz

I guess I have a good amount of stuff. There are my video games, CDs, and a few DVDs. I don't have a big collection of video games or CDs. Then a few consoles and my computer. I have some books but they are all kid books that I don't care about anymore. I don't have many clothes.

That's about it I guess.

MrJones

Weirdy, if I were rich enough, I would buy a house in Canada and have you live in it just so you could say you had a home. :)
I do have enough money to live on my own for several years with a simple life and cheap stuff and that's why I want to move to North America to start a new life. I'd love to help someone good who needed help, especially if it's from SPW and someone I can call friend. Still, I don't think anyone would like to call "home" to a place they had to share with me. One of my dreams is to have a home, a family, and people to love and be loved by them. Just a dream I have.

MrJones

Maybe you'd like to help an Australian out? ;)
I would seriously help a friend in need even if only know that person from the internet. You probably won't need it, I'm sure your new album will make you very rich ;)

MikeyC

I would seriously help a friend in need even if only know that person from the internet. You probably won't need it, I'm sure your new album will make you very rich ;)
Very rich? Pfft. I'll likely be taking a loss. But the offer's always open for you. Haha.

When I move out I would like to try that 100 items challenge, even though I know it'll be difficult to keep to. Maybe I'll do a 150 items challenge or something. My CD collection will certainly be 1 item, otherwise I've already failed. ::p:

MrJones

Very rich? Pfft. I'll likely be taking a loss. But the offer's always open for you. Haha.

When I move out I would like to try that 100 items challenge, even though I know it'll be difficult to keep to. Maybe I'll do a 150 items challenge or something. My CD collection will certainly be 1 item, otherwise I've already failed. ::p:
I wouldn't mind having less things, but if I had someone who lived with me it'd be easier, I could share my stuff.

truffleshuffle

I live in a small apartment so I have to much stuff I feel I could become a horrdier if things went south. I have so much trouble throwning stuff away even if its broken I always think I will fix this and never do.