How long have you been single?

How long have you been single?

• Total voters

Liam17

Well... I don't know what to think, cause i'v never had a girlfriend.

So that's depressing, however i don't want to relay on someone else making me happy.

Hoping is a bad habit.

JamesSmith

Online dating has become depressing for me. I'm not looking for a girl that is knock out gorgeous, but I want a girl that is attractive and it's gotten to the point where I can only find a couple. And then these women are the most popular so they get messaged all the time and never message me back when i try to talk to them. I'm running out of options here. I wanted to avoid bars and social events because I just want a one on one date, but it's starting to look like i may have to go out into the wild if I really want to meet someone. I guess I'll just keep trying online dating for another year or two, then I'll see if I can get the guts to go out again. Wow, it's been 5 years since i've gone out and tried to socialize, it will be like a new experience again if I decide I want to do it. I'm unsure about it right now.

blackgatescross

All my life. No one knows that I have never had a girlfriend. I am 28 years old and it is just embarrassing.

It used to bother me a great deal, now not so much. I feel bad about it when I am lonely and depressed.

When I feel ok, it doesn't bother me as much. I just get on with my life.

However, in saying that the one thing I am is definately not desperate . . .

ilmatross

122 people voted 20-30 years

that crushes me, that's so incredibly sad It brings me close to tears. You guys and girls deserve love and someone to help you through this, most of you don't and never have. Love is such a necessary thing in life, when persevering challenges it gives you the strength you didn't know you had to overcome anything. I would think it's especially needed in fighting a beast as big as social anxiety.

I don't know if there's anything I can do to help you guys but it breaks my heart.

GoBlue72

I was just listening to some CDs by David DeAngelo, who wrote the book "Double your dating". A lot of it relates to picking up women, and I know the Pickup Artist stuff itself can either excite people or make them roll their eyes. But he does make some good points that I think can explain how some people here think, when it comes to relationships and men/women. I saw some people here had a thread going about similar topics, but it was from a year ago.

Anyhow, he talks a lot about the underlying sexual communication most women pick up on, while most men don't. And how women can sense if you've got that communication or not, very quickly. I think this relates to people here saying they've been "friendzoned". They do not portray the sexual aspect of communication at an early point of meeting their "friend" and therefore remain only a friend rather than a lover.

Another point relates more to a lot of our negative attitudes and beliefs about ourselves. He says that if you believe things are a certain way or you are a certain way, you will do everything you can to prove yourself right about it, versus trying to see things a new way. I've noticed that often reading people's posts, and thinking about myself as well. Even when others suggest ways of helping, we try to say why we're different and it won't help.

I'm Not There

My only relationship was when I was 15 and lasted close to two months, I'm 21 now. It meant nothing though; I didn't love her and I'm not even sure she loved me.

that crushes me, that's so incredibly sad It brings me close to tears. You guys and girls deserve love and someone to help you through this, most of you don't and never have. Love is such a necessary thing in life, when persevering challenges it gives you the strength you didn't know you had to overcome anything. I would think it's especially needed in fighting a beast as big as social anxiety.

I don't know if there's anything I can do to help you guys but it breaks my heart.

You couldn't be more correct, but alas people won't just love you because you wear an "I deserve love" sign. If we were just able to break through that barrier that seperates us from love, things would indeed become easier and we would be more likely to conquer our anxiety.

GoBlue72

I guess mine WOULD've been 38 years, had I not had the first 33 of those broken up by a four month period with someone. 5 years sounds less pathetic, but it doesn't really reflect the truth.

coyote

I think it's because that's the largest age-group on the forum, and everyone is including the first 18-19 years of their life - during which, in my opinion, you probably shouldn't be in a serious, committed, monogamous relationship anyway.