How long has it been?

Panther

How long has it been since youve been to places like the hairdresser, the dentist, optician etc. For me its been a few years, the hairdressers makes me especially nervous because theyre all just stood there staring and try and make small talk, however at the dentist youve got **** in ur mouth so you dont have to talk that much???

Jessykins

I hate going to the dentist but I make myself go once a year as for the hairdressers I don't mind as long as they don't try & start a conversation with you.

Steppen-Wolf

I really dislike going to the hairdresser, so it's been some four months and I really have to go... My hair grows way too much, it becomes borderline impossible to comb it without hurting myself lol.

snowcream

I go to the hairdresser quite often, I have an appointment there this saturday.

I go to the dentist every 6 months for a checkup.
I dont think I've seen an optician for a few years but thats my preference because I think I have good eyesight =P

anuskas

I see the doctor when I need. My dentist is the one that I don´t like. My hairdresser is a gay young man. He´s nice and knows a lot about the health of the hair but he talks too much about his life, his plans and about love affairs in the salon. He is funny!

Newtype

Hairdresser: 12 years. I actually really fear going there.
Dentist: 2 or 3 years I think, but I plan on going soon.
Optician: Less than 2 months ago. I have glasses now.

black_widow

tomorrow im going to the hairdresser for the 1st time in over a year!

im very nervous about it esp as its in a trendy shop =/

Remus

Staff member
Your entry in the Big Book Of British Smiles is assured. ;)

Urban myth that, just like the 'all yanks are fat' one. ::p:

I've got super strong teeth, just like everyone in my dads side of the family. We never get cavities or tooth decay

Smile.jpg

Last edited:

_Hope

In the past year I have started pushing myself with these sort of things, it was really tough but like in most cases the build up is the worst part and it often doesn't turn out as bad as your brain makes you think it will.

Anyway hairdressers was about 8 months ago, I really find it uncomfortable and refer to the chair as the chair of dooooooooom... I get my g/f to trim my hair these days lol.

Dentist was about 3 months ago, I need to go back for a filling (my first since I was a child) but I keep putting it off! Going to have to get it done sooner or later though. Oh joy.

Optician eerrrrrrrm about 10 years lol.

MaliceInWickedland

I go every so often to those places and it's not all that bad. I actually have to stop by my hairdresser's place for my bi-monthly trim this Saturday.

I like my hairdresser because she has a really small place where you never have to expect a lot of people to be, though at the same time its a disadvantage to me. Because she has such a small place, I tend to feel cramped and claustrophobic when there are other customers in there, especially when they're sitting down waiting to be serviced and you're getting your hair done and feel like you're being watched the entire time. The fact that she does her job very well makes up for that little trifle though.

As for the dentist, I don't really mind going. It's usually empty and the waiting room is quite spacious so it's not too awkward when there are other patients. Having all that s*** in your mouth and reducing the expectancy to make conversation is a bonus too.

whatisis

I don't like going to the salon. I sit in the chair and the agonizing conversation begins. We have nothing to talk about. But my stylist is really good at what she does so I don't want to find a new one.