How I am going to get over my SA

dragonoth

I fully support this. But I believe this path will be tough. Very tough. There will undoubtedly be days where you turn around and give up and find it hard to pick yourself up again. It may help to draw up a list of goals you wanna achieve so that you can look back at it when you're feeling down and remind yourself of why you're doing all this in the first place. Just things like, 'To be known as a great friend by others' or 'To find something to smile about each and every day' will do. Obviously they will have to be things of great importance to you otherwise the goal list is redundant.

Good luck in your endeavours!

MikeyC

Razzle dazzle rose. You are now certainly putting the razzle dazzle in your own life!

I fully support everything you're going to do. Taking a big risk is basically fuel for the anxiety, but if you say you need to do it, then go and do it! You and your boyfriend will have a much better relationship now and I just know you're going to flourish. Getting a job and volunteering and going out for a social whatever every now and again is also going to be good for you.

All of this is going to take some time to fully integrate into your system, and there will be times where moving forward will be so hard you'll feel like there's chain-weights attached to your ankles, but if you're as serious as you say, which I believe you are, then there's no reason why you couldn't reach the other end a better person than you are now.

Nothing wrong with professional or medicinal assistance along the way - that will make it a little bit easier on you.

It will be sad you're not going to be coming here as often, but you and I know it'll be for the best and you'll be so much happier! :)

If things do get a little rough and you need someone to talk to (that isn't your boyfriend), I encourage you to talk to me. I will gladly assist you in your quest for beating your SA.

Good luck with everything! :D

razzle dazzle rose

If things do get a little rough and you need someone to talk to (that isn't your boyfriend), I encourage you to talk to me. I will gladly assist you in your quest for beating your SA.

Good luck with everything! :D

Thanks, Mikey! You know I am here for you too :) Thank you so much for your support!

MikeyC

I don't even want it to be easy.
I was going to say something regarding why you wouldn't want it to be easy, but then I realised that if you work hard and put in maximum effort to beat it, the rewards will be juicy and you'll enjoy them more. Great way of thinking.

I need to do MAJOR CHANGES and fast. My life needs a complete overhaul. I either do this or I die. It really has come down to that.
I can't imagine it's that bad, but if that's the way you think, I'm all for it. Sometimes we have to just stop and say, "enough is enough," and start walking against the wind. The way you're determined to get through it means you will (mostly) flourish in the face of adversity, for which I have nothing but admiration.

While you won't necessarily "die" if you don't overhaul, I guess you mean in a philosophical sense. I guess that's just as bad.

With this SA business, it will probably take a decade for me to be recovered. Ah, that is a long time, so I won't think about it in terms of years; I will take it day by day like I did with my OCD.
Yes, if you think in terms of years, one decade is a very long time. You are certainly right - one day at a time and you will certainly beat it. If you think too far ahead you will get disillusioned and, ultimately, unmotivated. You'll be getting better and you won't even realise it. :)

Thanks, Mikey! You know I am here for you too :) Thank you so much for your support!
You're welcome and anytime, my friend! I will take you up on your offer when necessary.

Silatuyok

I meant to respond to this post a long time ago---I am really excited for you and really proud of you for making this huge leap in your life. If I have just one piece of advice to give, it is to allow yourself time to adjust. When I moved in with my boyfriend, I was very afraid, and it took me a few months after moving in just to get a grip and realize that we were doing alright with it. When I got a new job this summer, it took me several months to adjust, and I only just now feel like I'm really starting to fit in there. For everything you do, there will be an adjustment period, and there will be times when you feel like it is impossible. Just keep at it, and things will more than likely work themselves out. It is OKAY to be nervous and to doubt yourself, and to feel helpless and lost when you get there. Just don't give up hope, and most importantly, believe in your ability to adapt to your new life. It will definitely take some practice.
Best of luck to you!!

Kiwong

Good luck with those steps ,they are pretty big steps in the world of an SA sufferer. The small steps can add up to huge strides.

Moa

Don't listen to the nay sayers, you're going to be just fine. Just keep your intentions in focus, and remember it's ok to have some doubts. If you didn't have any doubts, that would mean you have no critical thinking skills, and that would be disastrous!

I'm excited for you that you're making all these changes. I'll send some good energy your way. :)

Ahh! How did I miss this thread!? I guess I should visit here more often. Of course I already knew about this and fully support you though! Talk to you soon!

1BlackSheep

I love your positive spirit, Rose! I enjoy reading your posts and am kinda sad that you won't be on here as much anymore, but I understand why you need to spend less time online. I need to do the same! Good luck with the move - sounds like a step in the right direction!

MikeyC

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me...especially today. I have been here for a couple days. It is going well, but I sort of feel like I am in a fog or a dream or both. Like it doesn't feel real? I am also unsure as to how to proceed next. Yeah, it doesn't feel real. Like I don't feel real. It is hard to explain.
Marie is right: sometimes it's hard. Just keep doing what you're doing and everything will sort itself out. You're making amazing progress right now and I wish you nothing but the best in your adventures.

If you need any more encouragement, you know how to reach me! :)

Acegame

I really enjoyed reading this and i think you made the best possible decision. You do what i always say to my self i should do, but don't. I think that only this decision itself will give you allot of confidence. You chose for something because thats what you want. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread because i'm curious to see how this will unfold. I really hope it's gonna make a difference for you. Good luck!