How do you kill time?

freesix88

internet forums. looking around. music. facebook. gaming. fooling around. trying to be more productive lately though. building some stamina.

PGT

I like to read and also try to do some form of exercise every day like running or swimming.

onehandclapping

its getting more difficult as i'm getting older. don't have as much interest in things like video games which used to use up a large portion of my free time. mainly music and film these days.

neardeath

I am just like an old grandma watching Price is Right (everyone is happy for an hour) and then Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Big Valley. I have to break this cycle. True story. LOL Oh and there is Rifleman a little later. Also won't miss Big Bang, Downton Abbey. I am an old person now.

mikebird

Banned
Jobsearching

It's justified by its variety and appropriate means to an end

A few minutes on a round of tweaks to each setting per region and skillset, launching applications.
Then the main challenge is the cascade of battering avalanche of recruiter phone calls who want to find out more 'about me'... on the tactics of a dog sniffing around another animal's bottom.

I get a very accurate scope for what's wanted in the niche job market of IT and how rapidly it changes

Last edited:

Raichel

I just somehow do.

Lol. :p

..... hmm guess by working out, playing video games and uhmm uhmm.... oh wait that's it.

(might be useful to add that working out is probably 5% and videogames 95% of spare time spent. Before anyone gets any ideas that I'm the sporty type)

mikebird

Banned
its getting more difficult as i'm getting older. don't have as much interest in things like video games which used to use up a large portion of my free time. mainly music and film these days.

I beg to revert to the 1980s when I learnt electronic entertainment in arcades or at home, hail SEGA

Psychology has taken hold to claim the attention of young people to show off advanced graphics, with the appearance of movies with the player being the camera. It's natural to evolve, but unnecessary. Games have gone seriously backwards, as if a King, President or Prime Minister designed the games, to get someone to make them pretty, with make-up hardware, for someone to pay for that, instead of a serious challenge or any meaningful concept

onehandclapping

I beg to revert to the 1980s when I learnt electronic entertainment in arcades or at home, hail SEGA

Psychology has taken hold to claim the attention of young people to show off advanced graphics, with the appearance of movies with the player being the camera. It's natural to evolve, but unnecessary. Games have gone seriously backwards, as if a King, President or Prime Minister designed the games, to get someone to make them pretty, with make-up hardware, for someone to pay for that, instead of a serious challenge or any meaningful concept

oh yea I agree, the direction of the games industry definitely has something to do with my declining interest. I love the old arcade games, unfortunately the genre itself seems to be a dwindling style as more people want cod or just fifa updates. the thing i've held most hope for is the indie game industry... small teams of developers using creativity rather than the most advanced tech to try something different with the gameplay. it reminds me a little bit of games from the home computer era, I had an amstrad back in the 80's. I think the best game i've played from the last few years is minecraft.

akala

Welcome, occupy the mind before it decides to be stubborn and do things it's own way and become negative

Onimaru

i sculpt, draw, and write..that's how i usually "kill" time c:
also video games and movies, i enjoy those quite a bit.

Flanscho

I never have enough time. I spend it with improving the flat I live in, reading, programming, gaming, working, and spending time with friends.

daisydaydreamz

When I was very little, I'd guess about 3 yrs old (as soon as I could use coherent language) I used to entertain myself before falling asleep by telling myself a 'think story'. Which in my babyish language simply meant I made up stories in my head. I did this right up until the age of 29, when I gave birth to my first child, then I stopped. The peak period of escaping into this fantasy world was between age 11 and 16 when I was bullied at school, at this time I felt in body like an empty shell and the stuff in my head was my only escape and all I lived for. I never told anyone that I did this until much later in adulthood, nor have I ever told anyone the details of what went on in my imagination. All I will say is that I didn't exist there, I was merely the narrator. I have often wondered how many other people with AvPD and SAD did/do this?