How do you kill time?

ShadowHeart

I'm new here but I'm curious. Since I don't spend much time with other ppl, I had to find a way to occupy myself during free time away from work.

I found a free graphics program that allows me to create wallpapers etc. It even has a forum where users give tutorials which have helped me a great deal in developing skills with it.

Anyway, I was just wondering what others here do to fill their free time. I guess I'm assuming there are many like me who spend a lot of time alone. But maybe that's just me.

Because I have trouble being out in public and I love movies I also collect DVDs. I am almost at a thousand in my library. I know that's sick but......

Luka

Welcome to the forum :)
I like to spend time playing video games, watch my favourite tv shows, etc. A lot of my time is spent doing homework/studying as well.

jonas89

Welcome to the forum.. when Im not with ppl and trying to kill time I do some times go out with a rifle to practice target shooting hehe,, but when at home I draw, or create something with my hands like replica/models of something. : )

Xervello

Welcome to SPW, Shadow! It's cool you spend your free time constructively doing something creative. I try to do the same. Either use the day to write, play music or, well, I guess just those two - ha ha. Plus lots of chatting and/or television watching.

A thousand DVDs? Damn. Got a fave?

cowboyup

I play with legos. Seriously. I am 23,33,43 (or something like that) and I play with legos.
I also paint - nothing great, more like a crack fueled monkey with bad eyesight.
I also enjoy photography. I am trying to improve my wicked ninja photography skills, eh, I try.

and I hang out here :)

Xervello

I play with legos. Seriously. I am 23,33,43 (or something like that) and I play with legos.

Do you build elaborate things with them? Like the Taj Mahal. Or the Death Star. If so, we need pics. Definitely want pics. :thumbup:

cowboyup

Do you build elaborate things with them? Like the Taj Mahal. Or the Death Star. If so, we need pics. Definitely want pics. :thumbup:

Average, run of the mill (Toys R Us) kinda legos, but I am into more elaborate ones.
I want the Death Star so bad! I saw one in 'real life' ... it was so cool!
I have a castle I am working on right now.
Yeah I can post some pics. :)

Xervello

Average, run of the mill (Toys R Us) kinda legos, but I am into more elaborate ones.
I want the Death Star so bad! I saw one in 'real life' ... it was so cool!
I have a castle I am working on right now.
Yeah I can post some pics. :)

My friend from school (years ago) was way into legos. He'd take just your run-of-the-mill ones and create all kinds of neat stuff. Silly structures, unique kinds of houses, elaborate architecture and so forth. He later went on to become a contractor. Go figure, lol. I sucked at it though. But still loved messing around with 'em. Would love to see yours. When you're finished you should put the pics up on your profile. :D

cowboyup

My friend from school (years ago) was way into legos. He'd take just your run-of-the-mill ones and create all kinds of neat stuff. Silly structures, unique kinds of houses, elaborate architecture and so forth. He later went on to become a contractor. Go figure, lol. I sucked at it though. But still loved messing around with 'em. Would love to see yours. When you're finished you should put the pics up on your profile. :D

Yeah, I'll have to do that! I hadn't really thought about it before now. lol
Funny story:
I got a good laugh from my former co-workers one time; I worked at a university so it was "all business" especially in the Law School dept where I worked. One day, I found out that some of the professors were lobbying for a building for mediations to be built. They lost so I quickly went to work building a lego mediation center complete with people, a picnic area, cars, you name it. Unfortunately i didn't think to take a photo but the professors got a good laugh from it and (from what I hear) still have it in one of their offices.

Xervello

Funny story:
I got a good laugh from my former co-workers one time; I worked at a university so it was "all business" especially in the Law School dept where I worked. One day, I found out that some of the professors were lobbying for a building for mediations to be built. They lost so I quickly went to work building a lego mediation center complete with people, a picnic area, cars, you name it. Unfortunately i didn't think to take a photo but the professors got a good laugh from it and (from what I hear) still have it in one of their offices.

Ha ha, awesome! :D Do you ever get any raised eyebrows for still building things with legos though? I think it's cool, but I can see how some people wouldn't get it.

cowboyup

Ha ha, awesome! :D Do you ever get any raised eyebrows for still building things with legos though? I think it's cool, but I can see how some people wouldn't get it.

Sometimes, but the way I look at it, it gives me 'character'..
and that's my final answer, lol

Xervello

Sometimes, but the way I look at it, it gives me 'character'..
and that's my final answer, lol

LoL, that it does. That it does. :) It's creative, for one, but I also like that you're not afraid to admit you like doing it. Too often people are timid about confessing the things they enjoy if they're deemed unconventional or quirky by others. Makes those that take pride in it all the more unique. ;)

1BlackSheep

Funny story:
You would have gotten along well with one of the founders of a company I used to work for! He built a functioning printer out of Legos! Techies sure do love their Legos! :)

ShadowHeart

A thousand DVDs? Damn. Got a fave?

Depends on what day you ask me :question:

I've recently been buying from the bargain bins (after christmas I always have to budget myself because I severely over spend on my niece and nephew. You know, trying to buy my way into the best uncle ever rankings:bigsmile:).

Anyway lately I found a few good movies. First, Mr. Nobody. Its wonderfully weird. Second, Good Advice with Charlie Sheen, Denise Richards, Rosanna Arquette and John Lovitz. It was actually quite well written and really funny. Angie Harmon is great in it. Lastly, Wild Target, a british comedy with Emily Blunt. Really good and a great soundtrack (music is another passion of mine. I have almost 60,000 tracks on my computer).

[PS] I added an album with some of my creations just to show how great the program is. Its called Paint.Net if you're interested in trying it out.

Last edited:

JuiceB

Other than working 50+ hours a week I will either workout, surf the internet for hours, or watch television. I am currently without a car so my options are limited at the moment.

FollowMe

Haha, I think I'm gonna dedicate many posts here just saying what should be said even if it seems cliche and annoying.

For example: Life is too short to be wasting time. Don't waste time. Do things productive and do things that you enjoy.

I like to read, play games (board/video), play instruments.

cowboyup

LoL, that it does. That it does. :) It's creative, for one, but I also like that you're not afraid to admit you like doing it. Too often people are timid about confessing the things they enjoy if they're deemed unconventional or quirky by others. Makes those that take pride in it all the more unique. ;)

thank you:bigsmile:
and all the 'weirder' is that I am a girl! lol