How Do You Cope With Being Disliked?

DukeOtakuNukem

Many people find ways to cope with certain things that have happened in the past. I have had some very bad recent experiences with people that has made me feel hated, and perhaps unimportant, so I deal with this by playing extremely violent games like Blood, God of War, or Postal 2. How about the rest of you?

Lou-s-Darkness

Ah yes, God of War does the trick. Either that or I just read till I fall asleep. Or cry myself to sleep. That's just when I'm feeling down in the dumps, but usually just games, reading and drawing help me heaps..Listening to music helps me too, but sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

hexagon_sun

Many people find ways to cope with certain things that have happened in the past. I have had some very bad recent experiences with people that has made me feel hated, and perhaps unimportant, so I deal with this by playing extremely violent games like Blood, God of War, or Postal 2. How about the rest of you?

Isolation is not a bad thing. You should allow yourself time to reflect on your life once in a while. Working out your frustration through God of War is better than hurting small animals! Just don't allow yourself to think that violence is real solution to your problems. Every enemy you smite, you automaticly create 2 others... It's an endless vicious cycle. People will rally behind you and respect you more if stay true to your prinicples refrain yourself from going on the attack. No one ever cares if you were a victim. This is because virtually everyone on this planet has been victimized in one way or another; whether they care to admit it or not. The only thing people respond to is strength and courage. If you stand up to your bullies you may get knocked-down a few times but eventually people will take notice and rally behind you. Violence should be used defensive ONLY. I have a long list of people that I'd love to see bad things happen to but I know that eventually Karma will do the job for me. Don't worry, they will get theirs...

DukeOtakuNukem

Isolation is not a bad thing. You should allow yourself time to reflect on your life once in a while. Working out your frustration through God of War is better than hurting small animals! Just don't allow yourself to think that violence is real solution to your problems. Every enemy you smite, you automaticly create 2 others... It's an endless vicious cycle. People will rally behind you and respect you more if stay true to your prinicples refrain yourself from going on the attack. No one ever cares if you were a victim. This is because virtually everyone on this planet has been victimized in one way or another; whether they care to admit it or not. The only thing people respond to is strength and courage. If you stand up to your bullies you may get knocked-down a few times but eventually people will take notice and rally behind you. Violence should be used defensive ONLY. I have a long list of people that I'd love to see bad things happen to but I know that eventually Karma will do the job for me. Don't worry, they will get theirs...

Well, of course I wouldn't hurt anyone in reality, which is why I play these extremely violent games, especially Postal 2 when I feel violent. I am surprisingly the non-confrontational type, in fact when I've heard that one of my friends attacked one of my best friends, my best friend and I agreed to avoid him from now on, and I've even been told to not let him walk all over me, so with that said, I'm careful about how I do things. I haven't had a physical confrontation in a long, long time, because I avoid people, and when problems arise like that, I avoid the person who started the problem. And yes, karma hits hard, very hard to them later.

jaim38

I cope by withdrawing from society, becoming agoraphobic. I escape into my fantasies with fiction and daydreaming. I avoid people who might hurt me or trigger my anger. I also exercise and do yoga to burn off excess negative energy (and weight). I also take online classes instead of on-campus ones because I want to avoid people as much as possible.

I don't feel a strong need to be liked, I don't see myself as being overly likeable and I get surprised when people seem to actually like me, I can easily dismiss it as being a mistake or they don't know me well enough. I don't like myself much tbh. So being disliked is no big deal :idontknow:

hexagon_sun

Oh... and beware of the sith mind tricks. They are not just in starwars.... There are people out there that are very skilled at manipulating others. Sometimes these sociopaths are in your own family (as I've learned from personal experience)! They seek to control you by knocking down your self-esteem. This is why I'm becomming immune to negative commentary from people. I just assume that they are just attempting to get under my skin. Actually, I suspect that is their motivation most of the time. It's my observation that autistic or autistic like people seem to be frequent targets of bullying....

jaim38

Many times when I am disliked, I think to myself "did I do something wrong?", especially when lots of people in my classes don't like me. Especially if someone starts to cry I wonder if it's because of me. But sometimes the only reasons people seem to hate me are 1) they see me as horribly stupid 2) they think I'm a lesbian 3) their friends tell them to hate me. So I naturally blamed myself and thought it best that I leave and go somewhere else. But now I realize I had 0 backbone back then, I was so weak.

this_portrait

If I've done something wrong (or if I feel I have), I just isolate myself and read, write, or watch something. Maybe talk to someone I know who DOES enjoy my company.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I don't feel a strong need to be liked, I don't see myself as being overly likeable and I get surprised when people seem to actually like me, I can easily dismiss it as being a mistake or they don't know me well enough. I don't like myself much tbh. So being disliked is no big deal :idontknow:

Aye, same here.

If people like me that's fine, if not... I really could care less. I'm not changing wh I am to suit anyone else.

MikeyC

Short answer: I don't. :sad:

Longer answer: I hate being hated, because it really drives a wedge in my self-worth, and I start belittling myself. I am getting better, but it's slow, and I have my therapist to help me with such things.

Music always helps.
Music helps with every situation, ever. :thumbup:

Short answer: I don't. :sad:

Longer answer: I hate being hated, because it really drives a wedge in my self-worth, and I start belittling myself. I am getting better, but it's slow, and I have my therapist to help me with such things.

Music helps with every situation, ever. :thumbup:

Who wouldn't like you MikeyC?

nicole1

I've felt that way my whole life. I cope by carrying on. Sometimes, it hits me and makes me feel bad. Like now... But I know later on, I'll find something to put all the anger into

Steiner

I guess I just feel really bad about myself. I usually end up going to sleep and I feel better when I wake up and hope I forget about it.

theoutsider

You definitely have to develop a thick skin. I just stay focused on being positive and doing positive things. Makes it easier if people don't like you. At least you know you are headed in the right direction.

Steelsoul

I think you don't have to worry for being disliked. If you didn't do anything wrong, the only reason people dislike you is they are jealous with what you have. I don't care much about it, because i don't wake up everyday to impress them

akala

Honestly, on bad days I just feel like crap about myself and think I am the most hated person in the universe ... i know a little dramatic.

But I always think to myself that for 1 person who doesn't like me there are probably a couple of people who do like me.