How Do You Cope With Being Disliked?

mikebird

Banned
If people like me that's fine, if not... I really could care less. I'm not changing wh I am to suit anyone else.

PERFECT ANSWER! It's fresh to me. Ignorance. An automatic natural, built-in reponse to... A doctor's hammer tap on the knee... Cough... Sneeze. Schoolfriends waiting by the classroom for the teacher to arrive... Any mockery or lookdown. Kids at supermarket who start dribbling, screaming, wailing when they clap eyes on me. Passive stare at them, or a wink, being too bored to come up with a judgement of them

NamiraWilhelm

I suppose really I don't cope with it at all, but to distract myself I'll lose myself in books, video games, box sets, even attempts at learning new languages. Any sort of project to keep myself out of my own head.

MBinMN

Good thread! I feel disliked and judged by most at all times...how do I deal with it? The worst way...I push people away, easily dismissed. I isolate then brood about everything I said and did to try to figure out how to be more likable when I try again. It's a never ending tiring cycle because really less than a handful of people I know in my heart..."like" me. :(

Griffin

I've always treated it as normal. When I was younger, I always thought that everyone is different and that I'm never going to be liked by everyone.

These days, I just think to myself that if someone doesn't like me, then he/she is just like the majority of other people that I've met. I try to stay positive and think that not everyone is going to dislike me.

Bo592

Being Disliked is somthing I know a lot about. I just can`t keep myself out of trouble. Getting people to like me I know nothing about.

OceanMist

I usually feel sorry for them because they haven't gotten a chance to get to know me. There are also times where I love being the villain.

Labyrinthine

Generally speaking, I plaster a smile on my face and continue being numb.

But a good slasher film is nice from time to time ^.~

blue_eyes

I've had agoraphobia for about 3-4 years, so i guess i cope by secluding/isolating myself
I also remind myself that having no friends/being disliked isn't the end of the world, I still have my family & that's what matters.

& of course horror movies ;)

mikebird

Banned
Do you think disliked goes hand-in-hand with no employment? They spiral around each other - helically in increasing orbit or decline?
Need one to surface to get feng shui with both?

Kiwong

Not very well at all. It causes me a lot of unhappiness and stress. Facing up to situations and people where I am disliked, distrusted, made fun of, is too much of a battle and effects my health. I still get out there "stand silently in the places that scare me most and never give up on chasing my dreams" my motto. It's a constant battle between wanting to withdraw and facing my fears. I now enjoy my own company, and turn to the things that bring me happiness. I feel lonely around people, but free in my own company.