How do you bring in the new year?

mostlyokay

On a lighter note, how do you normally bring in the new year?

Personally I know I need to mix things up a bit. Last year I accidentally started the new year on the toilet, I told my husband I had time, but, no, actually I didn't.

So how do you normally bring it in?

Any romantic suggestions (not hard to top events from last year:)?

MikeyC

Last couple of years I've spent them with friends in Brisbane and Melbourne. Might have a quieter one this year.

Flanscho

I spend Christmas with my family, and then return to the city I live in for New Years Eve. There, I spend it normally with friends. Sitting together, enjoying each others company, playing some board games or something, having a wall where we write down our wishes for the next year, and shortly before midnight, we walk to the city center onto the roof of a pretty tall building, to watch the fireworks.

mostlyokay

Flanscho your NY's sounds so brilliant, I like the idea of writing on a wall and playing boardgames!

I live right on the beach (rental but its great, we moved here this year and sometimes I think its the most beautiful place in the world, you can hear the waves from the house!) so I'm thinking drinks barefoot in the sand and hopefully some fireworks will pop up

Flanscho

I live right on the beach (rental but its great, we moved here this year and sometimes I think its the most beautiful place in the world, you can hear the waves from the house!) so I'm thinking drinks barefoot in the sand and hopefully some fireworks will pop up

A beach would be nice too. We considered driving to the ocean (about 300km away), but on such events I like to be in the town I live in, so that if I feel bad (like if all the couples around me are hugging and kissing and I just stand there), that can leave and go home or whatever.

Silvester 2011/2012 Köln HD Teil 1 - YouTube

laure15

I usually watch the ball drop at NYC on tv, but last year I missed it. This year, I will try to not to miss the program. Sometimes I also watch the New Year's celebration in Hollywood.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
The last two years I spent it at home on my laptop, every year before that I for the most part spent it watching tv. I've never gone out, just with whoever is at my house when the clock turns. This year I'll probably be home alone on my laptop, or possibly working if it's a busy night. I could go "party" if I wanted to, I have a friend who will most definitely be doing that, and it is my first new years as a 21 year old. I probably won't though, I could have a party with myself if I wanted to I guess :D

I'm Not There

At home with my parents as per usual, not that I have any choice... I'm almost 23 but only once in my life have I gone out on new year's eve. I stopped caring about it, though. I just accept the fact that no one will invite me anywhere and try to live with that.

dean01

ile be alone, watching the tele this year same as usual. im glad to stay in i cant be doing with people who drink to much and i dont like to shout over music.

truffleshuffle

I will probably be doing nothing but sitting here watching moives or maybe going over to my moms. But have nothing planned and I don;t think I have done much at all for New years the last few years.

Ben19

I don't know yet, there's a girl I'm interested in hopefully will be going out :)
If not then I'll probably be in my room playing video games.. haha.

ImNotMyIllness

Basically alone. This time of the year makes me more depressed than any other. I wished I had someone special to spend it with.
Couples walking hand it hand, she puts her head on his shoulder...Midnight kiss. etc! The holidays are a reminder of everything that is wrong and missing in my life. If I could cry, I would!

I'll probably end up listening to Christmas and love songs...how pathetic is that!
George Michael ___ Last Christmas (HD). - YouTube

MikeyC

Basically alone. This time of the year makes me more depressed than any other. I wished I had someone special to spend it with.
Couples walking hand it hand, she puts her head on his shoulder...Midnight kiss. etc! The holidays are a reminder of everything that is wrong and missing in my life. If I could cry, I would!
I'm sorry. :sad:

truffleshuffle

I'll probably end up listening to Christmas and love songs...how pathetic is that!
George Michael ___ Last Christmas (HD). - YouTube
Not pathetic at all. I am worse I am a guy with out any one special and Some of my fav movies are romantic comedys and romance movies which depress me all year long but I still watch them. :kickingmyself: