How do I eliminate boredom?

For some reason i can't handle being almost always bored, 24/7. I've always kept very busy. But being bored makes me feel restless, & also there's no stimulus to divert my attention away from my worrying thoughts, which could explain my constant restlessness.

My definition of boredom may be different than above. As when i'm bored, i'm NOT RELAXED, but are RESTLESS & ANXIOUS & NERVY (in a moderate way, not extreme).

Last edited:

Moses199

When I'm bored I feel hopelessness and scared.

OMG me too lol. Literally.

I wonder if people back in the days or in other countries that dont have access to technologies have boredom issues like us or atleast not as bad as city tech folk like us. I feel like they accustomed to environments and learn to see other areas amusing in life that we can't see.

Last edited:
I wonder if by being bored, there is nothing to divert the mind off the hopelessness & fear that is ever-present but below the surface of our awareness? Maybe people in poor countries, and who live off the land aren't as neurotic/paranoid/hopelessness/scared/etc as those in the towns/cities, who are far from nature & the natural rhythms of earth & themselves?

I agree that making a goal is probably the best way to get yourself from being bored. I could suggest any number of activities, but you can find them all infinitely boring if you don't a goal or dream to work towards.

I used to be bored all day long at home. I would draw, read, watch TV, but I still had this overwhelming feeling of being bored. I wasn't really happy doing anything. It didn't matter how interesting a book was or how funny a TV show got.

What finally got me to be really interested and completely NOT bored was setting a goal for myself. My goal was to start a blog from the ground up and make it successful. Ever since, I've been busting my *** off to learn more about making great blogs, reading up on great content ideas, even learning code to improve my site.

I'm not trying to convince you to start your own blog. Instead, you should find something that you have always dreamed of or set a new goal that you think would be amazing to achieve. And then work for it. Once you have something you really really want, you won't ever be bored as long as you're working towards it.

Best of luck!

Marc7

OMG me too lol. Literally.

I wonder if people back in the days or in other countries that dont have access to technologies have boredom issues like us or atleast not as bad as city tech folk like us. I feel like they accustomed to environments and learn to see other areas amusing in life that we can't see.

It's a bad feeling.

They probably don't have boredom issues because they have other things to do.

Marc7

I agree that making a goal is probably the best way to get yourself from being bored. I could suggest any number of activities, but you can find them all infinitely boring if you don't a goal or dream to work towards.

I used to be bored all day long at home. I would draw, read, watch TV, but I still had this overwhelming feeling of being bored. I wasn't really happy doing anything. It didn't matter how interesting a book was or how funny a TV show got.

What finally got me to be really interested and completely NOT bored was setting a goal for myself. My goal was to start a blog from the ground up and make it successful. Ever since, I've been busting my *** off to learn more about making great blogs, reading up on great content ideas, even learning code to improve my site.

I'm not trying to convince you to start your own blog. Instead, you should find something that you have always dreamed of or set a new goal that you think would be amazing to achieve. And then work for it. Once you have something you really really want, you won't ever be bored as long as you're working towards it.

Best of luck!

I will try to find a goal or dream to work on but it's going to be hard to find one. Thank you!

Moses199

Could you be having this boredom problem as a medication side effect? I have the same problem but it's from meds. Extreme Boredom can be a symptom of depression research showed. Also try taking an SSRI that can make you feel happier . I noticed I don't get as bored when I'm happy.

Last edited:

Marc7

Could you be having this boredom problem as a medication side effect? I have the same problem but it's from meds. Extreme Boredom can be a symptom of depression research showed. Also try taking an SSRI that can make you feel happier . I noticed I don't get as bored when I'm happy.

I don't know but I think it is mostly anxiety and not doing things I use to do due to anxiety. It could be depression or meds though. What is a SSRI?

I just made a thread about this new boredom problem I got as a side effect from a current med im taking. Please read it and tell me if same problem as yours, here:
https://socialphobiaworld.com/extreme-boredom-with-resperdal-65565/

I read it and I don't know if it's due to meds for me.

lily

I don't know but I think it is mostly anxiety and not doing things I use to do due to anxiety. It could be depression or meds though. What is a SSRI?

I read it and I don't know if it's due to meds for me.
SSRI = Sertraline Serotonin Re-uptake inhibitor (an anti-depressant which inhibits the re-uptake of serotonin in the brain and keeps it there) hope that helps

Last edited:

nicole1

Find a hobby. Mine are writing, calligraphy and Duolingo. There are tons of things out there to learn and do.

Marc7

Find a hobby. Mine are writing, calligraphy and Duolingo. There are tons of things out there to learn and do.

What is calligraphy? Do you have to pay for Duolingo? I can't think of any hobbies to do besides exercise, coloring/drawing, and reading. What are some suggestions?