How desirable do you think you are to the opposite sex?

Considering how highly most girls value confidence, I'd have to be in the 2 or 3 range. Being effectively bald at the age of 23 doesn't help, either.

Alas, cruel fate.

Could have wrote that myself.
I once put some pics on hotornot.com as well, and I got varied results depending on what pic I put out. For some the average was 5, for others it was closer to 8. I only had a small handfull of 10's though, most were 2's and 3's, so I'd say that's about right.
It's the confidence thing I lack. If I had that I wouldn't care about what I look like or give a number to myself because I'd be confident in my skills.
I'm always flabbergasted (yes I said flabbergasted) that girls I think are incredibly attractive also find me attractive. It's rare, but it still really blows my mind. No matter what they say, I will always be intimidated by girls I find attractive until I can gain that confidence from somewhere.

Avery

Doesn't have to be a bad thing, I know plenty of guys in their twenties going bald that the girls think are hot. It's all about...you guessed it - confidence. My advice though keep it short. I myself am noticeably grey at the sides and I'm only 26. Used to get to me but not these days. Plus girls seem to love it.

The baldness doesn't really bother me much, to be honest. It's a pain to have to keep it short (and it should be, as you say), but it's not a real insecurity of mine. I'd rather have hair than not, but then again I never liked it when I had it.

The lack of confidence is the actual problem, but I've made my peace with it. I've lived this long without feminine attention, and can survive a few decades more. It'll probably even get easier.

ANNomaly

4. My default face is quite stern and I tend to keep to myself. Doesn't exactly scream "approachable".

alwaysrunning

4. My default face is quite stern and I tend to keep to myself. Doesn't exactly scream "approachable".

the only guys who actually "approach" me are old men who think im still underage and are soooo surprised when i tell them im not in h.s wtf. :confused: So perhaps to pervs i am, nevertheless ive yet to be "approached" by someone relatively normal. meh nevertheless not being desired has never made me feel bad about myself so no biggie there :)

thegunners21

the only guys who actually "approach" me are old men who think im still underage and are soooo surprised when i tell them im not in h.s wtf. :confused: So perhaps to pervs i am, nevertheless ive yet to be "approached" by someone relatively normal. meh nevertheless not being desired has never made me feel bad about myself so no biggie there :)

Your story is exactly like me, except the being approached by older men part.

IGotSeoul

I'm unsure on how to approach this question.

I've no idea what other people are thinking and much less am I concerned when it comes to my desirability.

ANNomaly

Same. A 26 year old is pursuing me at the moment. I suspect immaturity.

MaliceInWickedland

I'd say a 5, but I think I'm being too generous to myself on that one. I'm an average Jane. The fact that my anxiety around people tends to make my face tense up and look like I'm pissed off at the world all the time makes me even more unappealing.

ScaredToBreathe

physically? maybe about a 6 or 7.
personality (with my SA)? 0 or negative numbers..
personality (with being comfortable around them)? about 7

i think id do far better with the opposite sex if i didnt have SA and i could just be myself around them.

upndwn

Considering my success with women throughout my life, maybe a 2 or 3. I'm certainly not the most handsome person, but I do consider myself a witty and charming guy. I probably have some intimacy problems, and people always tell me I'm to nice. I sometimes feel like I have a darker side, and some people might sense this and get put off by it. My darker side certainly shows in my appearance (long black hair, dark clothes) and fascination for the morbid and grotesque. I can also be extremely sarcastic and some people might take my attempts at a jest as an insult. All in all combined with my low-self-esteem and erratic behavior (mostly due to my bipolar disorder) I can understand why most women wouldn't be attracted to me, but it has happened before so it will probably happen again.

MaliceInWickedland

Considering my success with women throughout my life, maybe a 2 or 3. I'm certainly not the most handsome person, but I do consider myself a witty and charming guy. I probably have some intimacy problems, and people always tell me I'm to nice. I sometimes feel like I have a darker side, and some people might sense this and get put off by it. My darker side certainly shows in my appearance (long black hair, dark clothes) and fascination for the morbid and grotesque. I can also be extremely sarcastic and some people might take my attempts at a jest as an insult. All in all combined with my low-self-esteem and erratic behavior (mostly due to my bipolar disorder) I can understand why most women wouldn't be attracted to me, but it has happened before so it will probably happen again.

You just earned yourself a hard 10~! ;)

Honestly, i think a 3 ..
Sure, some people out there may like me! may even like me as they got to know me a few times, but i rarely can keep up a friend, so let alone a relationship!
this is down to my self-esteem, being negetive and sounding depressing... and my looks dont help! .. im unattractive! and i was described as someone who has a 'no friend' face.!

Hero

I can get by on my "looks." *cough*

I find a woman will be interested in me up to the point where I open my mouth.

Niteowl

honestly, i think a 3 ..
Sure, some people out there may like me! May even like me as they got to know me a few times, but i rarely can keep up a friend, so let alone a relationship!
This is down to my self-esteem, being negetive and sounding depressing... And my looks dont help! .. Im unattractive! And i was described as someone who has a 'no friend' face.!

Aaw that's not nice. I'm sure you don't have a 'no friend' face - people will say all sorts of things to be mean, and almost all of what these people say means nothing at all.

I've never really had a proper relationship either.
But i don't see the relevance of doing so until i've sorted myself out first, even though it must be nice.

Nice thinking, that's probably the best thing to do. People flaunt their relationships left right and centre, so it seems as though it would be great to have someone that cares about us like that, but at least in my imagination it would be uncomfortable until the social anxiety is suppressed. I'm sure the guys will notice you when you've got a little more confidence because you have a wonderful, caring personality.

Nyoron

physical: 4
including current personality: 0
side-note: i hate this concept of rating about something like this, has anyone ever had a situation where this is done in real life, except where others are judging you.. it can be very cruel, i'll just say that.

Aaw that's not nice. I'm sure you don't have a 'no friend' face - people will say all sorts of things to be mean, and almost all of what these people say means nothing at all.

What a horrible thing for them to say!! How does any face look like a 'no friend' face!

I'm sure you are much prettier than you think.

Thanks :), yeah it wasnt nice to be called as someone who looks like they dont have friends. but i think its probably because of the way i look. i do tend to look like i lack confident and rarely put on a smile! so maybe thats it!

Moo

Probably about a 3/10.

I don't really get much attention but that might be because I seem unapproachable. I've become very skilled at the art of avoiding eye contact. ;)

I actually really don't know. I do get those creepy guys honking their horns at me. Bleh.....