How are you feeling?

lily

I went for my walk in the park on Friday, Saturday I went to the spa for a massage and Sunday I went out with family for a walk on the trails. It was fun and nice. Today the weather was bad so I couldn't go to my exercise group. So bored. Trying to enjoy myself. Tomorrow I'll be going for another walk. I'll be glad for that 'cause I like talking to the leader and being in a group to walk.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Slightly annoyed that it took me getting my TV mounted to the wall in my bedroom for my mum to suggest sitting my laptop on the kallax unit now that there's more space for it. She couldnae huv mentioned that before... when I could just move muh telly along the unit a bit and made room for my laptop?! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜†πŸ˜„

Graeme1988

From what I recall from the last time I listened to your SoundCloud, I'm pretty sure you have talent.

Im by no means an expert and my words may not mean much, but I can speak as a regular person that enjoyed your music. And I'm pretty sure that's the 95% of the people. If they follow you and have a positive reaction, that's all that matters. You create something that is enjoyable, something good.

Enjoy what you have because you deserve it, life rarely gives gifts.
That's true. 😊
Fluke, my AπŸ’²πŸ’²
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ˜ Ah guess... yer right.

Though, speaking as someone who failed at my music exams during high school, and was discouraged from studying that subject any further.

It's an odd feeling to say yer going to have a go at making music after nearly 2 decades playing guitar. Nae prior experience whatsoever when it comes to recording, mixing or music production in general.

Then, just over a year after ye started writing song and learning as ye go, you upload yer music to SoundCloud, thinking: "Aw, naebuddy'll take any notice". Given what was trending on the site at the time.

Only to wake up the next morning, tae find that – in yer email inbox – a 🀬kin' independent record label has commented on one o' yer songs and messaged you directly. 😦😧🀯

And had I not been skint for cash, I'd have happily paid for that label to promote me as they'd offered.

Though, thanks to Repost Exchange.com, the following I have, I built on my own by promoting my music through that website.

Also, mind sharing the SoundCloud again? πŸ˜ƒ
Aye, sure ! Nae bother.

Here's my SoundCloud page:
https://soundcloud.com/song-connery
I've got a few new ideas up – as well as some guitar riff variations I'm still kinda in 2 minds about – that I recorded a few months ago.

But ah huv'nae really had the time to flesh them out into full songs, yet. Partly due my mum's health taking a funny turn and me being charged with taking care o' her. Since am the only yin who does'nae complain about doing that as much as my sisters. And me getting Covid twice over the spring and summer months. :mad:

Anyway, let me know what ye think o' my more recent guitar and synth ideas. 😁(y)

lily

That's true. 😊

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ˜ Ah guess... yer right.

Though, speaking as someone who failed at my music exams during high school, and was discouraged from studying that subject any further.

It's an odd feeling to say yer going to have a go at making music after nearly 2 decades playing guitar. Nae prior experience whatsoever when it comes to recording, mixing or music production in general.

Then, just over a year after ye started writing song and learning as ye go, you upload yer music to SoundCloud, thinking: "Aw, naebuddy'll take any notice". Given what was trending on the site at the time.

Only to wake up the next morning, tae find that – in yer email inbox – a 🀬kin' independent record label has commented on one o' yer songs and messaged you directly. 😦😧🀯

And had I not been skint for cash, I'd have happily paid for that label to promote me as they'd offered.

Though, thanks to Repost Exchange.com, the following I have, I built on my own by promoting my music through that website.

Aye, sure ! Nae bother.

Here's my SoundCloud page:
https://soundcloud.com/song-connery
I've got a few new ideas up – as well as some guitar riff variations I'm still kinda in 2 minds about – that I recorded a few months ago.

But ah huv'nae really had the time to flesh them out into full songs, yet. Partly due my mum's health taking a funny turn and me being charged with taking care o' her. Since am the only yin who does'nae complain about doing that as much as my sisters. And me getting Covid twice over the spring and summer months. :mad:

Anyway, let me know what ye think o' my more recent guitar and synth ideas. 😁(y)
I've listened to a few of them and they're really good, Graeme!

Graeme1988

Ahsa feeling like a right dunce... πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

I thought there's was an issue with my guitar's input jack socket as the sound signal from my guitar kept cutting out. So, I got in touch with my local music instrument store, telling them this.

They tell me to bring it in so they can have a look at it, and potential do a repair. But... nah! That wus'nae needed.

I went in to collect the guitar today, only to told that: there's nowt – absolutely nothing – wrong with it. And that it must be the guitar cable that I'm using. πŸ˜† Why that never occurred to me...? πŸ˜•πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

They never even charged me for their time looking at the guitar, either. Even though the replacement me part, and time it would've taken for them to fit it, would've only cost me Β£15 quid.

lily

I'm feeling lonely. I don't have any friends that can spend enough time with me. :( Maybe they don't want to be my friend but I know someone who does want to be my friend. I was so tired bc of one of my medications so I didn't go to my exercise group and walk today. I don't have a good sleeping schedule with this medication, it will take me after 2 years before I can get off this medication that has so many side effects. On the other hand, I will be on 0.75 mg on one of my medications this month.

Graeme1988

I'm feeling quite depressed and really frustrated. πŸ˜ŸπŸ˜”πŸ€¬ Very little seems to have gone right for me this year. From my laptop not working and functioning as it should, to me taking ill in the spring and summer months.

It's been crap, to put it nicely.

lily

I had a nice day today. I went to a picnic and the food was healthy and delicious. I also played badminton with a friend and another girl. It was one of my most memorable times. I just wish I got up earlier for it and spent more time with who I think is my friend, she's very nice to me and inviting and kind.

Graeme1988

I've been feeling quite low, lately. Depressed and lacking motivation to really do much. Struggling with self-doubt.

Graeme1988

Let down yet again... but I'm more than used to it. Especially when it comes certain family members. And they wonder why I have such trust issues.

Well... maybe don't talk me into doing something then going back on yer word, huh? :mad:

At least my mum's always reliable.

lily

I feel like I'm washing the dishes everyday for my mom and I and I'm not eating very late like I used to, those are the improvements I've made to the house and my health and I will be making sandwiches on the weekend when we go out for family day but I still have to get going with my walks. I'll be going this week and I just don't want feeling tired on my medication to let it go by again. I didn't get adequate exercise this week so I'll have to work on that and I have to work on our food for this week.

lily

Let down yet again... but I'm more than used to it. Especially when it comes certain family members. And they wonder why I have such trust issues.

Well... maybe don't talk me into doing something then going back on yer word, huh? :mad:

At least my mum's always reliable.
What happened?

Graeme1988

What happened?
Oh, just my oldest sister making empty promises as usual. Talking me into agreeing to go somewhere – pressuring me more or less – or agreeing to something I suggested then going back on her word when I mentioned it.

That, plus my mum pointed out how controlling and selfish she – my sister – is. As well as how dysfunctional we are as family, and why that is. Which, needless to say, gave me a depressing reality check about my life, especially my mother's "Keep the peace. Don't argue" mentality. Basically, in other words: fake a smile and pretend it's all fine despite things being otherwise.

Needless to say, that's triggered a depressive "episode" for lack of a better word. And made me realise a lot of things about my life; mainly that my happiness is dictated more by those around me than myself. That the people around me are pretty toxic. That, like my mum, I spend most of my time putting others first. And I guess the main one: that I'm not really happy. πŸ˜”

lily

Oh, just my oldest sister making empty promises as usual. Talking me into agreeing to go somewhere – pressuring me more or less – or agreeing to something I suggested then going back on her word when I mentioned it.

That, plus my mum pointed out how controlling and selfish she – my sister – is. As well as how dysfunctional we are as family, and why that is. Which, needless to say, gave me a depressing reality check about my life, especially my mother's "Keep the peace. Don't argue" mentality. Basically, in other words: fake a smile and pretend it's all fine despite things being otherwise.

Needless to say, that's triggered a depressive "episode" for lack of a better word. And made me realise a lot of things about my life; mainly that my happiness is dictated more by those around me than myself. That the people around me are pretty toxic. That, like my mum, I spend most of my time putting others first. And I guess the main one: that I'm not really happy. πŸ˜”
Aw, I hope you find happiness, really. Happiness is through Christ, the Lord, being a follower of that and leading others to it/Him; by being a full example of Him that's when others will see and follow Him too and then peace and transformation comes and it's a choice. That's all I can say for now. All the best, Graeme! I'll pray for you!