How are you feeling?

lily

Oh, just my oldest sister making empty promises as usual. Talking me into agreeing to go somewhere – pressuring me more or less – or agreeing to something I suggested then going back on her word when I mentioned it.

That, plus my mum pointed out how controlling and selfish she – my sister – is. As well as how dysfunctional we are as family, and why that is. Which, needless to say, gave me a depressing reality check about my life, especially my mother's "Keep the peace. Don't argue" mentality. Basically, in other words: fake a smile and pretend it's all fine despite things being otherwise.

Needless to say, that's triggered a depressive "episode" for lack of a better word. And made me realise a lot of things about my life; mainly that my happiness is dictated more by those around me than myself. That the people around me are pretty toxic. That, like my mum, I spend most of my time putting others first. And I guess the main one: that I'm not really happy. 😔
Aw, I hope you find happiness, really. Happiness is through Christ, the Lord, being a follower of that and leading others to it/Him; by being a full example of Him that's when others will see and follow Him too and then peace and transformation comes and it's a choice. That's all I can say for now. All the best, Graeme! I'll pray for you!

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Aw, I hope you find happiness, really. Happiness is through Christ, the Lord, being a follower of that and leading others to it/Him; by being a full example of Him that's when others will see and follow Him too and then peace and transformation comes and it's a choice. That's all I can say for now. All the best, Graeme! I'll pray for you!
Thanks, lily. I appreciate that.

Graeme1988

Exhausted but inspired...

Didn't really get much sleep last night, due to still be hyped up after seeing a concert in Glasgow. Ah wus still up at 3 o'clock this morning. 😆

This gig to be specific...
biffy2022_800x423-0ccdc2d839.jpg

The opening band were phenomenal. Biffy were on top form. My 9th time seeing them, and nearly a decade since I last saw them in concert. Ah got quite emotional when they played one of their older songs – 57, the song that got me into the band. And ah totally blow my voice out – like most o' the crowd, I'd imagine – singing along to the final song o' the night: Many of Horror.

Graeme1988

Well... I'm not doing so well. Been pretty much bedridden with lower back pain all day. Just come on not long after I woke up, probably could be down to the way I slept? 🤷‍♂️ Whatever's caused it, it been bloody agony, anyway. 😖😫

Graeme1988

My back is feeling a lot better now, ah decided to rest up and just lie in bed for much of Monday there. Then, on Tuesday, I decided to force to do stretches to help my back. As painful as it was certainly help, as I was feeling a lot better yesterday.