How are you feeling?

F0AM

Hehe, I just like calling them the bobbies or the old bill even though I am not in England, I just find it funny.

That damn cat is going to give me retina cancer or epilepsy one day Xd

Yeah Bluedays, you better change that avatar before you blind our poor Jungle! (i like her avatar tho :/)

xDD

SilentAndShy

Irritated. Maybe it's because I'm in my early thirties and my colleague is a teenager but I get annoyed easily by her lack of effort at times (her phone is a constant companion), her behaviour to a student who has a learning disability (she tends to be short with him at times as he can get eccentric talking about some subjects), and her constant timekeeping issues (taking a longer lunch than others). I should just say to myself 'forget it's but it bugs me at work.

This is continuing to anger me. The good part of it is that I'm relieved that I'm not the only one who has noticed this colleague's lack of focus and timekeeping issues, another colleague has told me as well. Her attitude at times sucks.. maybe it's me too old to relate to her and she prefers other people who make her laugh more but I thought I was helping her all this time by being helpful and friendly..

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I've had a steady headache for the last three days and I can't figure out what is causing it. I think I might be getting sick.

My brain must be F*CKED, as i can't enjoy ANYTHING these days. :sad:
At best, i can find some things soothing to my pain & boredom. Not stimulating either, just not quite as bored. That's as good as it gets.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
My brain must be F*CKED, as i can't enjoy ANYTHING these days. :sad:
At best, i can find some things soothing to my pain & boredom.

Yeah, I can relate. I can’t seem to enjoy most of the things I used to, and I feel guilty whenever I do happen to go out. :sad: Like going to music gigs has become quite a joyless experience for me within the last year. :idontknow:

Graeme1988

I hope as i start to do more things that i can get rid of the boredom and get passed this. We just have to get out and do things or do things at home that we like.

Agreed. :thumbup: Easier said than done when ye can’t really motivate yourself though. :sad:
At least that’s true of me, lately. But then I’ve barely slept much these past few days which doesn’t help any, either.

Graeme1988

Why do you feel guilty? You don't have to feel guilty. You deserve to enjoy your time out. You need to have a life too.

Oh, because my older sister made a snide, quite bitter, remark when I was getting ready to go to a gig last year. Words to the effect of: how it wus alright for me going out, cuz I don’t have 2 kids to take care of and raise by myself. I nearly answered back, but given her tendency to flee into a rage when I’m sarcastic towards her, I said nothing. Aside from tell our Mum when I’d likely be back.

But then my older sister has never exactly hid the fact that she resents me. Not that I care enough to figure why, I partly know why she and I never got along. Besides the obvious personality differences.

I've had a steady headache for the last three days and I can't figure out what is causing it. I think I might be getting sick.
Have you been eating a lot of sugary foods lately and then stopped eating sugary foods? This can give a person a headache that last a few days.

Have you been drinking enough water over those days? Not drinking enough water can give you an ongoing headache too.

F0AM

I am feeling a helping-people-burn-out.
Really missing having a friend in real life to talk about life issues with. :sad:

Better have a friend with whom you can enjoy life. You already have us to complain about how shitty everything is, and we're real people too, we're real people too, we are...we a01110010 01100101
R-REAAa01101100
P-P-PEople
tenor.gif

T-T01110100t-t........
xp.png.php

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Have you been eating a lot of sugary foods lately and then stopped eating sugary foods? This can give a person a headache that last a few days.

Have you been drinking enough water over those days? Not drinking enough water can give you an ongoing headache too.

It might be the sugary foods, I'd been trying to cut out snacks because my current lifestyle isn't as active as it was a couple months ago. Hopefully one day of eating a fair bit of sugar yesterday and then trying to slow up again doesn't extend the headaches longer. I need my head for things!

Graeme1988

Sick of having certain family promise me they're going to help me, only for them to turn round and making excuses as to why I'm not worth their time. :sad:
I'm trying to downsize and get rid of things that are taking up too much space, and all the my mother can do is lie about, on the couch; doing nuthin'!

Except for bemoaning the fact that she rarely gets things done around the house, because her hip is "sore". :thumbdown:

I'd be more sympathetic towards her pain if took my advice and did something lessen the pain. But, no, exercise is outta the question.
But then complaining about it and wishing it'd get better isn't going to make the pain go away, either.

And she has nerve to question why I'm deciding to downsize, and implies that's I'm only doing it cuz I'll be taking the first house that my local housing department makes avaiable to me. :eek:mg: Well, there's not an awful lotta space in my room at the moment. So... :thinking:

Sick of having certain family promise me they're going to help me, only for them to turn round and making excuses as to why I'm not worth their time. :sad:
I'm trying to downsize and get rid of things that are taking up too much space, and all the my mother can do is lie about, on the couch; doing nuthin'!

Except for bemoaning the fact that she rarely gets things done around the house, because her hip is "sore". :thumbdown:

I'd be more sympathetic towards her pain if took my advice and did something lessen the pain. But, no, exercise is outta the question.
But then complaining about it and wishing it'd get better isn't going to make the pain go away, either.

And she has nerve to question why I'm deciding to downsize, and implies that's I'm only doing it cuz I'll be taking the first house that my local housing department makes avaiable to me. :eek:mg: Well, there's not an awful lotta space in my room at the moment. So... :thinking:

Graeme, I'm sorry it's always a constant struggle with your family. I have read about your situation a few times on here and from what I understand, you're disable? Is it finances that prevent you from getting out of your toxic environment?

I know asking for money isn't easy or something most people actually want to do, but maybe you could set up a GoFundMe account? Even if it's just a little bit of money, I'm sure it could help you in some way.

Graeme1988

Graeme, I'm sorry it's always a constant struggle with your family.

It's always been like that though. :sad: I haven't really known any different. Whether it's my older sister going into a near psychotic rage over something really trivial for half an hour straight. Or the way she's always speak to me as though I'm inferior to her. Oh! And trying reason with her during an argument makes about as much sense as a Salvador Dali painting...

Then there's my mother who constantly has this constantly need to be in control and get things her way, regardless. She'll even resort to emotional blackmail. I should know, she's apparently going to kill herself if I eventually move out. Which would quite an ironic, considering she told me to kill myself after I opened to her about my worsening depression and anxiety when I was 16.

But hey, you become numb to all that if it happens repeatedly. To the point where I don't interact with them much socially anymore, and prefer keeping to myself.

Though the contradictions are harder to reconcile. The idea that I'm the good son and brother. But I'm also "...a bully, just like my dad was", I'm "good for nothing" and I'm an "ungrateful wee shit".

I have read about your situation a few times on here and from what I understand, you're disable? Is it finances that prevent you from getting out of your toxic environment?

To answer both questions: Yes

Financially, my Disability Living Allowance payment would be cut by a considerable amount if move out and get a place of my own.

I know asking for money isn't easy or something most people actually want to do, but maybe you could set up a GoFundMe account? Even if it's just a little bit of money, I'm sure it could help you in some way.

I've heard of it, but how would that work, exactly? Just asking outta curiosity, as I'm not overly familiar with how those crowd-funding websites work.

It's always been like that though. :sad: I haven't really known any different. Whether it's my older sister going into a near psychotic rage over something really trivial for half an hour straight. Or the way she's always speak to me as though I'm inferior to her. Oh! And trying reason with her during an argument makes about as much sense as a Salvador Dali painting...

Then there's my mother who constantly has this constantly need to be in control and get things her way, regardless. She'll even resort to emotional blackmail. I should know, she's apparently going to kill herself if I eventually move out. Which would quite an ironic, considering she told me to kill myself after I opened to her about my worsening depression and anxiety when I was 16.

But hey, you become numb to all that if it happens repeatedly. To the point where I don't interact with them much socially anymore, and prefer keeping to myself.

Though the contradictions are harder to reconcile. The idea that I'm the good son and brother. But I'm also "...a bully, just like my dad was", I'm "good for nothing" and I'm an "ungrateful wee shit".

To answer both questions: Yes

Financially, my Disability Living Allowance payment would be cut by a considerable amount if move out and get a place of my own.

I've heard of it, but how would that work, exactly? Just asking outta curiosity, as I'm not overly familiar with how those crowd-funding websites work.

You live with really mentally/emotionally unstable people which is definitely not good for your well being. Anyone who threatens to kill themselves because of something is just trying to manipulate you which is ****ed up - that being said you should definitely move out.

You need to take care of Graeme - **** everyone else. Don't let them tug at your heart strings with their "poor me" shit.

I myself have never used it, but the way I understand it is you just tell your story. Explain why you need money and what it would go towards and how badly you need it. You can explain how badly you'd like to feel independent, but your allowance would be cut if you live on your own and how the money would help with living expenses - things like that.

If you really want change, it's worth a shot.

Graeme1988

You live with really mentally/emotionally unstable people which is definitely not good for your well being. Anyone who threatens to kill themselves because of something is just trying to manipulate you which is ****ed up - that being said you should definitely move out.

You need to take care of Graeme - **** everyone else. Don't let them tug at your heart strings with their "poor me" shit.

No, no... I completely get what yer saying. I know I should definitely move oot. My oldest sister said the same when she saw how differently I was when our mother was away to Ireland when she went to my older sister and her kids, back in 2014.

Though, they’ve since moved back to Scotland, sadly, due my sister’s marriage ending after 14 years. And I say sadly because things are back to how they used to be when my older sister was still living with us; except now there’s 2 more kids to content with. One of which looks and acts like her mother already, and she’s only 3 years old... :eek:mg: She doesn’t swear though. Not yet anyway..

And that’s despite my older sister thinking nothing of swearing in front of her kids.

Anyway... The only obstacle stopping me from packing up and f*cking off elsewhere is the manipulative BS that’ll get flung my way; and fact I’m always forced to justify nearly everything I do. Cuz my family are... nosy b@$%@#d$ who must know everything otherwise, they’ll take umbrage at not telling them.

I myself have never used it, but the way I understand it is you just tell your story. Explain why you need money and what it would go towards and how badly you need it. You can explain how badly you'd like to feel independent, but your allowance would be cut if you live on your own and how the money would help with living expenses - things like that.

If you really want change, it's worth a shot.

:thinking: I’ll look into the website and see if it’d be worth it. Since I’ll need to first figure out, roughly, how I’d stand to lose in disability benefit money if I go through with moving out. As I got in touch with my local housing association around about September/October last year, and put my name down for a place. And since I mentioned a fair bit about my disability in my housing application form, I’m already quite fair up on the list of applicants waiting to hear about house or a flat. So, if a place becomes available there’s a chance I’ll get offer it first.

But thanks, nonetheless, for the suggesting that GoFundMe website, Sarah. :thumbup:

Graeme1988

Absolutely dreading going to my local musical instrument store with my oldest sister on Tuesday. It’s bad enough that I’m regular customer there, but I just envision them laughing...

Firstly at me for asking if they could swap out the tremolo system I originally had them fit to one of my guitar and fit a different tremolo... :eek:mg: As I hand over that guitar and another one that I need adjusted so it stays in tune.

If that doesn’t do it. Then me asking if they stock electric bass guitars that are ⅔ the size of regular full size, cuz my oldest sister wants to learn the bass, certainly will.