How are you feeling?

Phoenixx

Awful, I'm sick of people telling me that I can't and I'm sick of my limitations stopping me from getting what I truly want. Its simply not fair, this is one of those days when I feel like giving up.
^ Limitations, I certainly know of those. I'm feeling like that today too, sadly enough. We can't give up though. We always need to keep trying, no matter how hard it is.

Srijita52

Feeling down, in my case, I feel pretty normal. I know it's a form of self abuse, but I checked out an Internet page of someone who used to be in my class. I haven't done that in some time now since I know what it is doing to me.

Everything is going smoothly for this person, and I was reminded of another person that used to be in my class, I had already read about this person in the local paper and now had to see that he made himself into the biggest national paper. Where the person shows off his profession.

I've been looking at student housing. Starting to feel the stress that will hit me like a bomb in a month or so. Saw an advertisement that asked "me" if I had been checking out the festivals for the summer.

So now I've been reminded that I have no social life, no money, will possibly haft to struggle to get a residence and have no skills at all. Not that I already knew that, but still. Great. I'm living the life here.
I'm sorry Valhalla, I wish I knew what to say. Hang in there.
Lonely. Tired, I didn't get much sleep last night. Got a stomach ache, not feeling to fab today. But I'll get through it.

Other than that, the usually complaints and grievances. Feeling down. ::(: Lacking motivation to do anything. I feel completely unable to talk with my mother about my struggle with depression. We just argue. Why? I think it's because she'd rather be in denial about my depression, than give me the support I need. Being pretty cold and distant, emotionally. Maybe I'm wrong...? Or it could be her inability to take me seriously? As with most of my family. Which is by equal measure frustrating and f***ing patronising. :mad:
I'm so sorry Graeme.

Srijita52

Stuck. Frustrated. Anxious. Depressed. Whatever other negative emotion that comes to mind.

My friend told me she most likely can't move out with me this summer. Now I don't even know what to do. I don't have enough money to pay for rent on my own, as well as pay for college AND other bills I might have. Otherwise, I really would move out by myself. But I don't have a job and I can't just run out and get one however I wish. I live in a stupid town in the middle of nowhere, where the closest store is a half hour away. Without a license, I'm screwed. I'm stuck at home with no where to go. I've been waiting on rides for the last three years and I'm sick of it. I can't constantly wait on rides, especially when both my parents work, my brother works randomly and whenever, and my cousin just leaves whenever she wishes. I am working on getting my license, but it just isn't happening fast enough, especially since I need to take a course prior (which is next week).

I don't really know anyone else that could live with me either. My mother told me before to put up ads requesting a roommate. Easy for her to say, she's outgoing and has no problem with people. I REALLY don't want to go through that again, college was bad enough. Living with people I don't know left me with anxiety almost 24/7, and that was a long 3 months I had to deal with. I definitely don't think I could ever go through that again. ::(:

I really don't know what to do here. I really want/need to move out. I can't really stand living here with my family, with my cousin constantly around and us butting heads all the time. It's toxic, and being around her just makes me feel worse, to be honest. I can't stand living somewhere so inconvenient and out of the way either. I just feel so, so stuck. ::(:
I'm sorry, I know how it feels to be stuck, I'm feeling exactly same. Is there really no one else you can live with?
^ Limitations, I certainly know of those. I'm feeling like that today too, sadly enough. We can't give up though. We always need to keep trying, no matter how hard it is.
Thanks Phoenixx, I really wish I had a better support from people around me other than telling me that I'm too weak. I know they're mostly right though, ugh.

Srijita52

I do really want to go and meet up with her, she seems nice and just chatting to her has been helpful with dealing with the seizures and the meds I have to take but my nerves right now are really eating at me. Uggghhhh I don't know what I'm going to do. She probably invited me out because I seem nice to her. I may sound good on paper but wait till she actually meets me, the big dumb ugly awkward guy. I think I might just stay in my cave
You're not dumb or ugly drummer. I'm sure she'll be glad to meet you. Go meet her, good luck!

KiaKaha

Banned
If there is one thing I have learned in life is that you have to assume nothing. Although its not easy to do (because I swear I can predict the future and have mind reading abilities too) If I may offer my two cents of advice to you drummer, I would give it a try - you never know how it may go and there is nothing worse than wondering what if. Something wonderful might be waiting for you around the corner - but keeping things in perspective might be good to keep in mind too. And no - you are not ugly or dumb at all.

I should really listen to my own advice.

Phoenixx

I'm sorry, I know how it feels to be stuck, I'm feeling exactly same. Is there really no one else you can live with?
^ No, not at all. ::(: As much as I don't like living with my brother either, I'm desperate enough I would probably have him move with me, but he's already planning on moving towards Pittsburgh in the fall so that's a no go. ::(:

Thanks Phoenixx, I really wish I had a better support from people around me other than telling me that I'm too weak. I know they're mostly right though, ugh.
^
tumblr_m4brh6TW8Q1qio8a9o1_500.gif

Those people who put you down, don't listen to them. You're not weak. You just have to keep trying to push past your limitations and work towards what you want. You can do it, even though it's not easy.

Srijita52

^ No, not at all. ::(: As much as I don't like living with my brother either, I'm desperate enough I would probably have him move with me, but he's already planning on moving towards Pittsburgh in the fall so that's a no go. ::(:

tumblr_m4brh6TW8Q1qio8a9o1_500.gif

Those people who put you down, don't listen to them. You're not weak. You just have to keep trying to push past your limitations and work towards what you want. You can do it, even though it's not easy.
That sucks. I'm really sorry.
Thank you Phoenixx, I appreciate it very much.

Nathália

Awful, I'm sick of people telling me that I can't and I'm sick of my limitations stopping me from getting what I truly want. Its simply not fair, this is one of those days when I feel like giving up.

Hold your head up high and don't take in the negative comments, take them to make you stronger and show you can instead of can't and if you don't succeed, keep trying. Yea, maybe one day you will have less limitations, but take what you have now and try your best even though you may not have encouragement. * Plays a motivation song*

I do really want to go and meet up with her, she seems nice and just chatting to her has been helpful with dealing with the seizures and the meds I have to take but my nerves right now are really eating at me. Uggghhhh I don't know what I'm going to do. She probably invited me out because I seem nice to her. I may sound good on paper but wait till she actually meets me, the big dumb ugly awkward guy. I think I might just stay in my cave

You're an adorable guy and you talk with sense, so I'm sure you're not dumb. Don't beat yourself up, so much.

Lonely. Tired, I didn't get much sleep last night. Got a stomach ache, not feeling to fab today. But I'll get through it.

Other than that, the usually complaints and grievances. Feeling down. ::(: Lacking motivation to do anything. I feel completely unable to talk with my mother about my struggle with depression. We just argue. Why? I think it's because she'd rather be in denial about my depression, than give me the support I need. Being pretty cold and distant, emotionally. Maybe I'm wrong...? Or it could be her inability to take me seriously? As with most of my family. Which is by equal measure frustrating and f***ing patronising. :mad:

Oh, I don't think you're wrong for feeling depressed and sad, I hope you do feel better one day, so you won't have to worry.

Stuck. Frustrated. Anxious. Depressed. Whatever other negative emotion that comes to mind.

My friend told me she most likely can't move out with me this summer. Now I don't even know what to do. I don't have enough money to pay for rent on my own, as well as pay for college AND other bills I might have. Otherwise, I really would move out by myself. But I don't have a job and I can't just run out and get one however I wish. I live in a stupid town in the middle of nowhere, where the closest store is a half hour away. Without a license, I'm screwed. I'm stuck at home with no where to go. I've been waiting on rides for the last three years and I'm sick of it. I can't constantly wait on rides, especially when both my parents work, my brother works randomly and whenever, and my cousin just leaves whenever she wishes. I am working on getting my license, but it just isn't happening fast enough, especially since I need to take a course prior (which is next week).

I don't really know anyone else that could live with me either. My mother told me before to put up ads requesting a roommate. Easy for her to say, she's outgoing and has no problem with people. I REALLY don't want to go through that again, college was bad enough. Living with people I don't know left me with anxiety almost 24/7, and that was a long 3 months I had to deal with. I definitely don't think I could ever go through that again. ::(:

I really don't know what to do here. I really want/need to move out. I can't really stand living here with my family, with my cousin constantly around and us butting heads all the time. It's toxic, and being around her just makes me feel worse, to be honest. I can't stand living somewhere so inconvenient and out of the way either. I just feel so, so stuck. ::(:

Well, good luck on your drivers test, I hope you can knock that out. I'm stuck too.

Srijita52

Hold your head up high and don't take in the negative comments, take them to make you stronger and show you can instead of can't and if you don't succeed, keep trying. Yea, maybe one day you will have less limitations, but take what you have now and try your best even though you may not have encouragement. * Plays a motivation song*
Thanks Beleza. :)

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Oh, I don't think you're wrong for feeling depressed and sad, I hope you do feel better one day, so you won't have to worry.

Thanks Beleza. Not that there's anything wrong with feeling depressed or sad. We all do, from time to time. It's just really frustrating feeling that I have no-one to turn to in real life when trying to talk about my SA and depression. Confiding in people on here is my only support - which is great, don't get me wrong.

Last edited:

Srijita52

Thanks Beleza. Not that there's anything wrong with feeling depressed or sad. We all do, from time to time. It's just really frustrating feeling that I have no-one to turn to in real life when trying to talk about my SA and depression. Confiding in people on here is my only support - which is great, don't get me wrong.
I know how you feel Greame. It sucks having no one to turn to in real life, like my family or people I'm 'close' to always tell me how I'm not good enough for the things I want and someone else will be always better than me. Yes, I know that they're better and I'm probably a miserable loser with no hope but seriously how is it any helpful to remind me of that fact?
i chickened out...
I'm sorry drummer, but don't be too hard on yourself, it was tough meeting someone you've never met before.

Valhalla

I'm sorry Valhalla, I wish I knew what to say. Hang in there.

Thank you, glow of positive energy :). It's so delightful with someone of such a sympathetic nature.

Additional to my envious/angry/hopeless thoughts I think head- and stomach aches are on the horizon. Wish I could let myself go with something unhealthy, but I'll just give myself a heart attack. I had a list of things I was supposed to do, I was sleeping for too long and ended up not doing most of the things, unproductive %¤#&%¤!

Srijita52

Thank you, glow of positive energy :). It's so delightful with someone of such a sympathetic nature.

Additional to my envious/angry/hopeless thoughts I think head- and stomach aches are on the horizon. Wish I could let myself go with something unhealthy, but I'll just give myself a heart attack. I had a list of things I was supposed to do, I was sleeping for too long and ended up not doing most of the things, unproductive %¤#&%¤!
I'm sorry, but don't beat yourself too much. We all have days when nothing seems to work, I hope you feel better soon.

MikeyC

Wow, I'm really sorry. Putting up ads for random roommates is something I wouldn't be too keen on doing, either. You'd want your roommate to be someone you know and someone you're comfortable with. Fingers crossed someone comes up.

I know your frustrations about wanting to move out because I've wanted to do that for a long time myself. As for the licence, just keep doing what you're doing. It is a long process to finally get it and when you do, you'll never look back.

Sorry, Srijita. ::(: I know you can do anything and if your personality is anything like you show here, you'll be okay.

i chickened out...
That's too bad, mate. She sounds like a lovely person. Maybe you can meet up with her next time.