Then I tidied up my daughters bedroom.

Found her journal,
She has started writing her own song,

Just Not Fair

Why is it always me that has to put up with these things,
It's just not fair, It's just not fair,
I can't take it anymore, I can't tell youwhat to do,
It's just not fair, It's just not fair,
Getting closer, getting to you, I can't do it every day.

Chorus

One more touch and I'll see you there
always backing up my prayers
Thats what I'm saying I can't see you anymore
But soon I'm gonna say

Thats as far as she got, then on the next page in huge red letters

I FEEL UPSET TODAY.

She's only nine. She should not feel like this. I feel so f*****g s**t.
She's got no chance having two parents with SA as well as other problems.

Hey, Dead_on_Arrival, please don't be so down on yourself. I think you should talk to your daughter about what she wrote. Try to explain to her your situation and have a group family talk about it. An extra step would be to take everyone to a therapy session to talk things out and get some help from a 3rd perspective. You and your wife are wonderful parents, but maybe you can become better parents to her. I hope all turns out well for you.

u_name

Pretty lousy. I'm at a crossroads, and I really can't make up my mind. I live in a conservative house where family comes first. My brother lived with my family until he married at 27ish, my other brother 25ish same story.
I didn't graduate highschool.
I didn't get a degree.
I have a decent job.
My dad wants me to start up my own business fixing computers. This would entail living at home with my family while saving up money. Granted if I wanted to start up that business, living would them would be the ideal solution because I wouldn't need to pay rent or anything.
However, I don't want to stay living with them. I want to explore what the world has to offer.

Robert Frost was talking about 2 paths diverging in a yellow wood. He failed to mention that should I choose one path or the other, I'd be running contrary to the ideals of either myself or my family.

Dead_on_Arrival

Hey, Dead_on_Arrival, please don't be so down on yourself. I think you should talk to your daughter about what she wrote. Try to explain to her your situation and have a group family talk about it. An extra step would be to take everyone to a therapy session to talk things out and get some help from a 3rd perspective. You and your wife are wonderful parents, but maybe you can become better parents to her. I hope all turns out well for you.

Thanks. We are waiting for CAMHS (Child and Adholescent Mental Health Service) to get back to us about other problems she's having during the night which we put down to night terrors so the things she is writing will come up in the meeting

B

Beatrice

No internet at home + no class at university = too much time to think = depression.

I hear ya! Though, I can get depressed with TOO much to do as well.

Do you ever hit the gym or go out for a walk or anything? I find that always makes me feel better and eats up a bit of time too, while of course being good for you. Really it's just an all-around win situation.

I hear ya! Though, I can get depressed with TOO much to do as well.

Do you ever hit the gym or go out for a walk or anything? I find that always makes me feel better and eats up a bit of time too, while of course being good for you. Really it's just an all-around win situation.

I go to the gym but only an hour for the last three days of the studying week. I didn't went yesterday neinther today because I thought it was colsed due to the studen'ts strike but it turned out is open, I will go tomorrow.

What sucks is that sometimes is so heavy that going for a walk, videogames or watching a movie doesn't get to distract me, but at least since tomorrow I'll have some homework to do (the teacher is going to send us a bunch of statics exercises to do) so I will be thinking in something else.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
The last week I was in a futureless limbo, I didn't do a scratch of school work and literally lived everyday like it was my last. Now I'm back in reality and I'm where I was a week ago plus more stuff on top of it. I don't feel better just more pressured, more stressed an panicked. I will try to look at the upcoming challenges optimistically, even when I do a worry something I will not be able to handle will happen. I'm not coping well, I really need to tell someone. They'd be legally obliged to take action though, and I don't want to hurt any of the people who stupidly care about me. Risking handling it on my own may hurt them even more, even if I do feel in control now I know my word is meaningless. All this involves taking action socially I know I never will on my own, I never take action. I'm a coward, and yes I know that's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'll just go back to taking it one day at a time. Mom's coming up for homecoming weekend, I think I'll try my best to put on a happy face for her. I usually don't bother, but it would be nice.

My day started off good... The sudden reappearance of my old girlfriend yesterday gave me some very strong mixed emotions, but today it was more positive. Then we talked again, a few hours ago. I cried a bit during that conversation, but I think overall I held myself together ok. It's really hard to explain why we talked at all, and I'm really not sure what the implications of this whole mess will be. I guess I'll find out. Eventually. Until then, the forecast is mostly crappy for me. In the mean time, I'm going to bed, goodnight SPW.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
One day at a time is a good idea as well as one thing at a time, try not to look 'big picture' and get dismayed, narrow the focus and tackle tasks individually. I strongly recommend calling in the cavalry if you feel you're not coping alone. PM me if you need to talk it out :]

That sounds nice to read, but it's assumed the days are contributing to the big picture I believe. I don't have a big picture I feel, and I'm living in the moment in the worst may possible. I don't want to make a whiny marathon post about myself here, so I'll just say I what you're saying is right just not exactly in sync with my vague comment. Thanks regardless.

I'm seventeeen! Wait why am I so happy about it??

Happy Birthday! That's the first time I've ever used colored font. Only for you, FG. Only for you. :)

I feel like a salad~ and I'd like Lone Gunman to make it for me.
XD

teehee!

At your service, my lady. (10/13 is Mulder's birthday, so I'm letting my X-Files nerdiness just flap in the breeze. :) Let your freak flag fly!!)

The-Lone-Gunmen-10.jpg

I saw the doctor today. She gave me a prescription for Inderal (YES!) and one for Ambien. I'm a little concerned about the Ambien. Everyone keeps telling me that sleep medications are habit forming. I took one last night, was knocked out for 4 hours, and have been wide awake since 12:30am. She didn't really clarify, but she game me 30 pills for each along with 2 refills, so I guess I'm supposed to take them every day. I think I might have to call her to make sure. My mother is a bit worried, as usual. But other than that, I had a great day. I'm really hoping to hear back about this job. I think I'd love it.

Last edited:
The last week I was in a futureless limbo, I didn't do a scratch of school work and literally lived everyday like it was my last. Now I'm back in reality and I'm where I was a week ago plus more stuff on top of it. I don't feel better just more pressured, more stressed an panicked. I will try to look at the upcoming challenges optimistically, even when I do a worry something I will not be able to handle will happen. I'm not coping well, I really need to tell someone. They'd be legally obliged to take action though, and I don't want to hurt any of the people who stupidly care about me. Risking handling it on my own may hurt them even more, even if I do feel in control now I know my word is meaningless. All this involves taking action socially I know I never will on my own, I never take action. I'm a coward, and yes I know that's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'll just go back to taking it one day at a time. Mom's coming up for homecoming weekend, I think I'll try my best to put on a happy face for her. I usually don't bother, but it would be nice.

That sounds nice to read, but it's assumed the days are contributing to the big picture I believe. I don't have a big picture I feel, and I'm living in the moment in the worst may possible. I don't want to make a whiny marathon post about myself here, so I'll just say I what you're saying is right just not exactly in sync with my vague comment. Thanks regardless.

What's going on, man? For the past 8 months or so, I've kind of been living in with a very small picture. I had no plans for the future, but it's all now starting to come at me at once and it's scary. If you need to talk, I'm here. Have fun at Homecoming! :)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
What's going on, man? For the past 8 months or so, I've kind of been living in with a very small picture. I had no plans for the future, but it's all now starting to come at me at once and it's scary. If you need to talk, I'm here. Have fun at Homecoming! :)

Thanks, I'm not sure how much fun being forced to leave my room during the busiest and most crowded weekend of year will be but I'll try ::p: (I try to tell my mom to come up a different weekend with less people but noooo it has to be this weekend, you know for the novelty of it :rolleyes:)

Dead_on_Arrival

My feelings don't count today.....

Mother-in-law was taken ill on sunday and we found out today she has had a double stroke and has a hole in her heart.

Sort of puts life into perspective.