Hmm another year.. was it good or bad?

MollyBeGood

Mine was downright dreadful.pretty much lost all hope a few times more than I would like to admit. Have had an injury which kept me from working so unemployed, lost a house which we spent the last 6 yrs building from the ground up by hand and the only thing that kept me alive was hiking in the woods with my dog everyday. I made a really good friend who i am considering moving in with soon and starting back to get a nursing degree in 2011 if I get my head together I really want/need these things will happen. I am scared a lot for putting too much hope into anything anymore though, seems like the second you do life laughs in your face and craps all over you. Sorry for the depressing post :(

choochoocharlee

2010 has been pretty depressing, i havent been motivated at all this year and as a result failed 5/8 units at uni and just scraped through the other 3. i don't have enough interest but i dont feel like i can get a job either because i have no experience or references or courage.. i feel like theres no way out and im really worried 2011 is going to be the same if not worse.

Well, you see, I have terrible memory so half or more of what happened this year is forgotten. I am a really good person for the Forget and Forgive. In that order. I forget what happened, so no worries. :)

Mokkat

this year sucked.

Spent half of doing nothing
/ playing with band sometimes, feeling like **** about it and not getting anywhere
/owing the bank tons of money and once in a while working a necessary fulltime job for a *lousy* (1/10 of a average paycheck) wellfare allowance and massive anxiety
/getting more and more depressed about the women I couldn't approach (the last one I've thought about for couple of years while being aaaaakward - shes now dating the *cool funny guy* in the band)

Last half I spent studying nutrition and health - an education which I suspect I joined mostly from lack of control in my life + subconsioucs pressure from parents + a whim - and though I can function with most of the people studying this are girls, I am more alone than ever. I have to depend on my parents to send me money for books and other stuffs, everybody else has jobs and good bank standings, its demeaning.

Now its nearly new years eve, and one of my best friends told me two days ago that he's dating my sister. Sent him a long rant about me not wanting this to happen because I cant adjust to that and will inevitably avoid them both instead, he sends back a pretty standard message about that he will be good to her, etc, not understanding my point.
- now I will be a mute frownyface to my sister and my friend the next couple of years. Trust me, Im a pro, been doing this my whole life

Happy new year, I will eat expensive food and get myself extremely drunk in a small circle of people consisting of a couple of friends and their long-term girlfriends. It will suck

****ing new year

Last edited:

punklove

My year was ok I guess... I mean I didn't accomplish much BUT I did meet the love of my life <3 which is what I am thankfull for.

blackgatescross

This year was ok. I think that I am progressing and getting a bit better. My anxiety is not as bad as what it was, and I care a little less of what people think of me.

Bought a car this year and finally started driving after years of procrastinating. Also, this gorgeous girl at work has started talking to me and asking me how I am. I am petrified to approach her.

Long way to go, but hopefully things will be better in 2011.

Cheers