Hmm another year.. was it good or bad?

SilentStranger

Another year and it feels like I have never done anything really.

It was a rollercoaster ride as always, but I wished there were more highs.

I suppose I can't complain too much. I moved to a new place, at least it feels like I am not stagnating in one place.

So how did your year go? Good, bad, ugly or just the same?

Lets hope for a better year next.

miss_amy

Definitly a bad one for me. I've been homeless, divorced and my daughter has been abducted. 2011 can only get better.

miss_amy

Shes still abducted. I know where she is now (foreign country) and its going through the courts to get her back. Fingers crossed it won't take too long. I havent seen her for 6 months which is very painful.

ikbenrifi

Definetely Bad, i've done absolutely nothing in 2010, at the contrary 2009 was pretty good, i hope 2011 will be good as well, one year is good and the one after is bad, maybe that's how it works hhh :)

Sinar_Matahari

This year has been both good and bad. When things were bad it seemed that everything was horrible, but in retrospect things were not as bad as they seemed at some moments.

bsebring

2010 was pretty shi**y. It's started off good until February hit and everything spiraled down from there. First, I was used by a guy I liked for about 4 years. Then, I realized the major I chose in college was the worst thing I could imagine it to be. (this is after three year of thinking it'd be the perfect thing for me thinking it was my passion.) After that my uncle died and my mom had a mental breakdown. This year will be completely different. Next year I'm going to fight. I'm done with the bullshi*. It's time to start living my life again.

bsebring

Shes still abducted. I know where she is now (foreign country) and its going through the courts to get her back. Fingers crossed it won't take too long. I havent seen her for 6 months which is very painful.

That's awful =( hopefully the new year can bring you both back together with a new start. I wish the best for both of you. The people that have done this will get what they deserve. Just hang tight, things will get better.

lunarla

Terrible and wonderful. I'm starting to think of the terrible as being necessary for the wonderful. Sorta snapped me out of a daze.... maybe for 2011, I'll be present.

black-wings

pretty good actually. i mean i have had my bad moments but everyone does. im alive, im healthy, my gf's healthy, my folks are healthy, im almost done with school so, overall, it was a good year. looking for to a better one!:)

petrified eyes

It wasn't too bad. My physical health wasn't all that great, but I made some progress with my social phobia. (I still have a lot of work to do.)

JamesSmith

This year was a nightmare. I was on my way to getting my own place and having a steady full time job when i got laid off after only 2 months of working there. Plus my shin muscle is torn in my leg and has stayed the same with pain for the past year and a half. I've been unemployed most of the year.

thor01

I separated from a lot of negative friends this year. I almost have none left but I just feel relieved because the remaining ones are gems. Only 3 including my sister lol

I stayed indoors more than ever and kind of found myself. Or got comfortable being alone, eating out alone and watching movies alone.

It was a good year because I'm not going to try to fit in anymore. I'm just going to do what makes me happy. I don't have to be social and act like a social butterfly to be successful. I can do things in an introverted way without feeling guilty. Maybe I don't have the talent to be a politician where people listen when I talk and I light up a room. However, I have other talents like being smart and creative. Being SA is not right or wrong, it's just Different. And that's what makes us human.

I'm okay with my SA. Looking forward to 2011 :)

Thats the best way to approach having the SA imo. When I think about it I'm mostly OK with having to stay in and do my own thing too. Even if like me it means your only actual friends are online and miles away, and theres very few of those even, atleast we're being ourselves.

That sounds terrible about your child Amy. Who took your child?

Yes I also feel I haven't done anything or progressed this year. Its kind of been a non year in a way. I feel like Im back at the start of this year, at the begining of 2011. But nowadays I don't really like the new year coming in either, because it reminds you of time passing. Although it is silly, this worries me haha. I think I may have a phobia to do with time passing and getting older haha.

sunboy400

Well mine was bad.I really didn't achieve anything in 2010. i'm ending the year as i started it no job,nothing and its annoying.Just hope 2011 could be really really better.

2010 was really a "just existing" year for me. My life is the same as it was this time last year::eek::
I am hoping next year will be a more productive year at least.:)

Phoenixx

My year wasn't totally horrible (although these last 3 months have been), it was mostly just a huge rollercoaster. Here's hoping 2011 is much better :)

Kiwong

A mixed year for me. A rollercoaster.

My father died, my anxiety reached crisis point and I had major meltdown in July.

Thankfully I have running and nature in my life. My running adventures and the days I have spent exploring nature may have saved me from experiencing the worst year of my life.

Like I said in another post I have had glimpses of how great living really can be. On a handful of days I've felt like a whole other postive, inspired person, full of hope. I want more of these what I call my brilliant days.

I am fearful what the new year will bring. I have to be mindful, so that if another storm comes my way I am able to ride it out or rise above it. I fear that I will lose my job, I fear that my anxiety will come so bad that running and nature will not be enough anymore.