Have you ever done something you knew was wrong but

Quirk87

Banned
but did it anyway?

I suppose we all make mistakes, we misjudge and get things wrong.

But are there any moments in your life where you remember doing something and you knew that it was not the right decision, that the act you were doing would do more harm than good - but something compelled you to carry on with that action...

It makes no sense.

jaim38

Yes it happened more when I was younger and had no self control. I would suddenly feel the urge to bite people, be mean to people (even when people are nice to me), etc. Makes no sense at all, but once I grew older, I developed more maturity and self control.

Kiwong

I wagged my school farewell. My mum went along to the presentation, and I wasn't there. It was my way of giving my high school, and the hell it caused me a "z" grade. It felt good to say 'stuff you' to the bullies, and the crap teachers.

GhoulsNightOut

....The dopamine made me do it....

Well to answer your question these are some reasons that come to my mind:

-personal gain

-revenge

-sense of control

-low threshold for boredom

Hmm...that's all I can think of for now.

hardy

It's because we have no control over our minds. People drink even if they know it causes liver problems. It's like obsession. People know anger is bad for us, can we control it? No. We regret once the action is done and ask for forgiveness to people, God etc...and the cycle goes On and On.

The root cause they say is Ignorance. If we can control the monkey mind, we win and don't repeat mistakes .

Earthcircle

but did it anyway?

I suppose we all make mistakes, we misjudge and get things wrong.

But are there any moments in your life where you remember doing something and you knew that it was not the right decision, that the act you were doing would do more harm than good - but something compelled you to carry on with that action...

It makes no sense.

I can't recall doing this. But I know that teenagers, who have trouble with impulse control for biological reasons, will sometimes do this.

laure15

It's because we have no control over our minds. People drink even if they know it causes liver problems. It's like obsession.

Addiction causes people to drink, smoke, and eat junk food even though they know it's bad for them. It's a biological urge that's very hard to suppress, that's why it's so hard to quit.