Happy Hurricane!

Pookah

I may have bought into the hysteria. Is everyone prepared? And yes a hurricane up here in the northeast, even cat 1, is a problem because of how we flood and trees coming down.

tumblr_lqlmdyYoG51r0u83mo1_500.jpg

WeirdyMcGee

yum! Look at all that rice and nutella!
You're ready!
...unless the power goes out, then just nutella; but you'll still be moderately prepared!
...unless you have a woodstove, then yes, rice- but it's hard to cook on a woodburning stove that isn't meant for cooking. Possible but hard.

What am I even talking about?!

Happy Hurricane! I'll wish everyone the best of luck for minimal damage and zero casualties.
Does that sound weird?
I'm just going to shut up, now. -__-

Phoenixx

The hurricane isn't hitting where I live, thankfully. But we're supposed to get a little rain from it, I think.

I have lots of family in Delaware and New Jersey, and looking at my cousin's photos, they've stocked up well too.

Stay safe! Be careful!

Pookah

We have a propane grill with a burner, rice for everyone! Yeah it was kinda difficult to buy what I thought was nonperishable food. I had a zombie apocalypse in mind as I shopped.

Rembrandt Broam

We have a propane grill with a burner, rice for everyone! Yeah it was kinda difficult to buy what I thought was nonperishable food. I had a zombie apocalypse in mind as I shopped.

Did I see Pop Tarts? That's my kind of preparation. ;)

Hope you keep safe and as untouched by Irene as possible.

WeirdyMcGee

ohhhh...
zombie apocalypse is always the scenario in my mind.
I am constantly prepared for it... and snowstorms/ice storms/horrible mountain weather/floods... etc. (mostly zombies though)

I'm not sure what else you'd need for a hurricane but I'm sure you've been given instructions at some point on what to have prepared for this type of scenario.

Ain't Mother Nature a...
female-dog.jpg

I wish you luck Pookah.
...and anyone else having to go through Mother Nature's fury.::(:

BleedTheFreak

It's been pretty bad for awhile here. I live on a hill and somehow there's still water piling up. Wind gusts are very strong too, and it's only gonna get worse for the next several hours. I heard something about them cutting power at 2 A.M. in several areas around New York, and it's about 10 minutes past. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen, but a blackout in this mess was to be expected anyway I guess.

Edit: My power just went on and off like 3 times :/ What's eerie is that the rain and wind have been on for hours but when the power went out it was quiet outside.

Should be a fun day.

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
I may have bought into the hysteria. Is everyone prepared? And yes a hurricane up here in the northeast, even cat 1, is a problem because of how we flood and trees coming down.

No fresh fruit and veg? tut tut pooks! I thought you were a cheffy! :cool:

MaliceInWickedland

*Drools* Look at all that Nutella.....
Just so you know: if you find anything missing from your pantry (particularly the Nutella), you'll know who broke into your house ;) ::p:

Pookah

I am alive! 95,000 outages, 33k in my county and I managed to escape! So far. Still gonna be windy/rainy today and flooding is going on as predicted. But at least I have the internet. :)

Don't steal my nutella! My sustenance!

Remus, we have fruit and stuff we just don't put it in the pantry. :p We were also worried the power would be out for a long time and thus bought mostly non-perishables, none of which are that healthy apart from the canned veg.

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
Remus, we have fruit and stuff we just don't put it in the pantry. :p We were also worried the power would be out for a long time and thus bought mostly non-perishables, none of which are that healthy apart from the canned veg.

You're excused in that case ::p: