Happy Birthday

Lamb

Happy Birthday to me.

I'm starting off the early hours of morning with no sleep (due to an SSRI) and an ice cream sandwhich (I want ice-cream, don't judge :p).

Usually when it rolls around, I start to feel guilty or depressed because I go into reflective mode over my life. So, I may or may not do something today just so I don't feel as bad. If I don't, I'm going to work on accepting that it's OK too..

Still, the idea of a free drink or something is tempting. Albeit with possibly no people to hang out with, it's very intimidating.

Also, I'd like some recognition (I assume ppl with a ton of friends receive it from them) for my existence, lol. Yes guys I'm asking for attention. If you have any birthday stories to share, or want to make me feel better- feel free to do that as well. :perfect: x3

Last edited:

MikeyC

and an ice cream sandwhich (I want ice-cream, don't judge :p).
Hey, don't worry. I've had chocolate muffins for breakfast before. ;) Besides, ice cream is delicious.

Usually when it rolls around, I start to feel guilty or depressed because I go into reflective mode over my life. So, I may or may not do something today just so I don't feel as bad. If I don't, I'm going to work on accepting that it's OK too..
I understand that. On my 26th birthday, I was depressed as hell. On my 27th birthday, I was a LOT happier and I was more grounded. I'm still a continual work in progress, but I'm trying. :)

I see why you would feel guilty, but a birthday is a way to reflect on the past year and try to sum up what you've done. I think you should reward yourself somehow. You deserve that.

Also, I'd like some recognition (I assume ppl with a ton of friends receive it from them) for my existence, lol. Yes guys I'm asking for attention. If you have any birthday stories to share, or want to make me feel better- feel free to do that as well. :perfect: x3
Well, I think you're pretty cool! Does that make you feel better? :)

As for birthday stories, well, my 23rd birthday springs to mind. A friend of mine bought me a, uh, "massage" at a suspicious Asian place. I won't go into detail, but it was the most unnerving thing I've basically ever done.

laure15

Happy B-day Lamb and Remus!

It's been a while since I had a b-day party (the last one was in elementary school). I remember "celebrating" my b-day at a hospital several years ago. After I quit volunteering, I went to a secluded corner and cried. Worst b-day ever. But nowadays, it was much better. I celebrate my b-day with cake and family.

LazyHermitCrab

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Lamb

Thanks guys. It means alot. :)

I ended up staying home and sleeping much of the day away, but it was enjoyable. Usually I get gut wrenching anxiety.

Might go out tomorrow, but out of the two close friends I have one is going away for the weekend and the other isn't big on bar scenes. I wish I had the confidence like some people to just be able to manage going out alone and.. having a good time. Striking up a conversation with a stranger, maybe? =l

Remus

Staff member
Oh cheers everyone! I forgot to check here

I got a cool guitar and a very nice Baileys cream gateaux for my birthday

IMG_7923_zps1a96be4c.jpg

cake1_zpsfa4ebbda.jpg

Xervello

Happy (belated) birthday!

:applause:

I don't have any interesting birthday anecdotes, though I considered making one up just for you. However, I was afraid the birthday gnome would read it (he loves scavenging social anxiety forums) and plan some horrible fate for my next birthday. He is a gnome, after all. Awful little creatures. From a wee hamlet called Shennanigans in the county of Tomfoolery. But I'll have you know I put in a good word for you with him, so expect lots of exciting things for your next, Lambsy!

;)

Remus

Staff member
first i've ever seen that has big chunks of a chocolate bar stickin out of it. what was the inside like?

It's all hand made, even the chocolates are handmade!

inside:

cake2_zps06c50d2f.jpg

Chocolate sponge and baileys whipped cream.

baileysirishUMe16A64A9mLnLK.jpg

Baileys is an Irish liqueur made of cream and whisky. (great with ice!)