Give the worst possible description of a movie!

GraybeardGhost

Nope, but I think your twins go by the name of Epstein and Cagney had two fists, so a punt with The Strawberry Blonde, though I'm not so sure

Sorry, but Jimmy C. is not in on this caper. (Nor, alas, is lovely Rita.)

With all due respect to the Epstein Brothers for writing some terrific screenplays over the years, these twins are far more famous. You might say they're two of the best known and most popular guys in Hollywood. Even today, all the starlets want to take one home. ;)

Sorry, but Jimmy C. is not in on this caper. (Nor, alas, is lovely Rita.)

With all due respect to the Epstein Brothers for writing some terrific screenplays over the years, these twins are far more famous. You might say they're two of the best known and most popular guys in Hollywood. Even today, all the starlets want to take one home. ;)

Oscars? Here Comes the Groom won two and Bing wins his sweetheart back and gets to adopt the orphans

GraybeardGhost

Have I had a guess with The Best Years of Our Lives (1946) yet?

It kept coming up in the IMDB crystal ball
Well, Mr. Wizard, your crystal ball has served you well at last. :thumbup:

The Best Years of Our Lives (8 Academy Awards including Best Picture, Director, Actor, Screenplay, etc.) follows three ex-servicemen as they attempt to reintegrate into post WWII mainstream American society. Of particular note among the three is Homer, a former sailor, played by non-professional actor Harold Russell, a veteran who had lost both his hands (and thus his fists) in an Army training accident. For his performance, Russell received two Oscars: one for Best Supporting Actor—surprise!—and a second honorary award for bringing hope to his fellow veterans. He is the only person ever to have received two Academy Awards for a single performance.

The cast also includes Teresa Wright, as you surmised; Dana Andrews, whose character worked as a soda jerk before the war; and Hoagy Carmichael, noted piano ("ivory") man and sandwich ("hero") namesake, as well as the composer of "Stardust" and other pop standards of the era.

The director was William Wyler, who later went on to make Roman Holiday, Friendly Persuasion, and many other films.

Whew! I hope that explains everything.

ETA: Now that I think of it, I could have called Carmichael a "noted 'Cricket' player" (after his role in To Have and Have Not), but that might have been too evil even for me.

Last edited:
Well, Mr. Wizard, your crystal ball has served you well at last. :thumbup:

The Best Years of Our Lives (8 Academy Awards including Best Picture, Director, Actor, Screenplay, etc.) follows three ex-servicemen as they attempt to reintegrate into post WWII mainstream American society. Of particular note among the three is Homer, a former sailor, played by non-professional actor Harold Russell, a veteran who had lost both his hands (and thus his fists) in an Army training accident. For his performance, Russell received two Oscars: one for Best Supporting Actor—surprise!—and a second honorary award for bringing hope to his fellow veterans. He is the only person ever to have received two Academy Awards for a single performance.

The cast also includes Teresa Wright, as you surmised; Dana Andrews, whose character worked as a soda jerk before the war; and Hoagy Carmichael, noted piano ("ivory") man and sandwich ("hero") namesake, as well as the composer of "Stardust" and other pop standards of the era.

The director was William Wyler, who later went on to make Roman Holiday, Friendly Persuasion, and many other films.

Whew! I hope that explains everything.

ETA: Now that I think of it, I could have called Carmichael a "noted 'Cricket' player" (after his role in To Have and Have Not), but that might have been too evil even for me.

*head explodes* :giggle:
I saw the soda **** reference, but as you see, it wont let me type ****

GraybeardGhost

I really ought to stop doing this, but . . .

First lady finds peddlers, by a lucky strike perchance, to guard in her swan's nest.

Please forgive me. :eek:mg:

AlienGeranium

I really ought to stop doing this, but . . .

First lady finds peddlers, by a lucky strike perchance, to guard in her swan's nest.

Please forgive me. :eek:mg:

If movie description quality is based on interest it arises as opposed to accuracy to the plot, this one sounds pretty good. I mean, who doesn't want to see a movie about a first lady who finds some bikers, goes bowling, and then defend some baby swans from evil! I mean, if I knew the name, I'd totally watch it.

GraybeardGhost

If movie description quality is based on interest it arises as opposed to accuracy to the plot, this one sounds pretty good. I mean, who doesn't want to see a movie about a first lady who finds some bikers, goes bowling, and then defend some baby swans from evil! I mean, if I knew the name, I'd totally watch it.
If you're suggesting that this is a good description, then I must have done something wrong. :p

No idea, but first lady could be eve, so All About Eve (1950)?

While it may incorporate certain biblical references and implications, this film is not all about Eve.

Last edited: