Getting rejected on Facebook

God_help_Us

I know... I know... it's common, or so I'm told. Don't you ever wonder why, though? Like, it just happened yesterday, I could have sworn that person liked me. They have just about everybody else on their list from the class I knew them from. I hate that.

I guess I have to accept they didn't like me as much as I thought or pretended to.

Silentknight

That's a big reason why I hate using social network sites allthough I use myspace not facebook it works the same and for people like me who have a huge fear of rejection it's not enjoyable to sit in front of the computer and see that the person who sits next to you in class has just rejected you.

Tiercel

In as long as I've been on anything, I've never added anyone. You know, that whole fear of rejection thing (damn, foul AvPD!). So I let others add me.

At least then I know they won't turn me down. :D

Richey

I don't add people, I let them add me.

same here :D

i don't go on facebook at all these days, i only have a handful of lame photos of myself and i'm sort of ashamed of my social life/career status at the moment and i'm far too self conscious that certain acquentances, family members, whoever can read everyones wall....

its just a recipe for gossip for older people and a chance for people to show off friends lists and liking a certain facebook group for young people, i'll admit its good for those wanting to stay in contact with friends and family but its just too uncfortable for me to be bothered with.

its sort of like msn but your at a party where everyone can watch your every move and word ...maybe i'm a bit sensitive about it but its really not something i feel comfortable with.

Last edited:

Luke1993

I don't have facebook, do you actually get told if you've been rejected? Or do you just assume the person has rejected you after a few days?

I've been rejected by people i know a long time ago from school and received a friend req from them some days later, they didn,t recognize me at first.
But some others have my req as a sticker waiting forever -_-

Ritta

I deleted my facebook account. I got tired or getting messages from people I didn't know. Even though, I had changed my privacy settings, they got a hold of me because they were friends of someone on my list :mad:

Ignace

I don't add people, I let them add me.

Same, I barely add people, the whole system of 'friends' is strange anyway. You can be friends without having each other in their friendlists. Most people on FB just add people to show off: "Look ! I got 5K 'friends'!"

xxaimsxx

Does someone know when you have rejected them on facebook?
Lol when i had it i rejected this girl from school who found me somehow :/

God_help_Us

Hi, I'm the guy who started this thread. A lot of people are saying they let people add them. If I did that, I don't think I'd have more than five friends on facebook- People hardly ever ask me first. It sucks like hell, but that's the truth, I always have to take the initiative. Sucks balls.

EscapeArtist

Hehehehe i've never requested anything on FB. I didn't know there even was a notice saying you were rejected

Luke1993

Is nobody gonna answer my question? lol

I don't think I'd ever have facebook because I don't think anyone would add me and if people who knew who I was saw my profile they'd laugh at my lack of friends and think, "What a loser!" so yeah hehe I make sure to avoid all that by not having fb in the first place! ;)

GreenEyedRedHead

I made a Facebook page only recently to get in touch with my extended family who live far away and I haven't talked to in like 10 years. Of course, once I was on there, I added people from my work too. I don't get on much, and rarely post anything. I mostly private message my family and keep an eye on what my kids are doing on their Facebook pages. Well, the other night at work one of the guys I work with says, " You're a Facebook lurker. You never post anything, you just read what everyone else is doing. You're like a stalker." All the people who heard where giggling. Even though I tried to explain, it sounded lame and I just had to pretend like I didn't care. I hope when I finish school and get a real job, I won't have to work with such immature jerks. So I guess you could say Facebook rejected me in real life.

Ignace

i ****ing hate people. ugh. smartasses, or just thinking theyre the ****..

Yeah, they all think they're IT. They want everything, when the slightest thing goes wrong, like when it starts to rain when they're outside and then telling: "that happens to me all the time, my life sucks, i wanna kill myself". ****ing *******s, they don't even know what it is to have a sucky life.