For us guy: would it boast your confidence if you had abs of steel?

would your confidence/self esteem be boasted if u had abs of STEEL lolz

• Total voters

Shift

Not that I'm a guy, but I'm pretty happy with how I look. It doesn't help with all of my self esteem issues (I tend to worry more about my personality and what people think of me as a person than my outsides), but I think if I wasn't comfortable with my body my self esteem would be much, much worse. And I would be out of a job. Haha.

Tweak

No. I think I'm a good looking guy, and can be quite the narcissist. Any self esteem issues I have come from under the surface.

DownInAHole

Working out is definitely a mood booster, and can help build some confidence. I was lifting weights for a year straight, and I just stopped one quarter when I had finals. I really need to start back up again.

You're not just working abs though right? dont be one of the scrawny myspace kids that think they're buff because they have abs lol.

Darker Than Black

Working out is definitely a mood booster, and can help build some confidence. I was lifting weights for a year straight, and I just stopped one quarter when I had finals. I really need to start back up again.

You're not just working abs though right? dont be one of the scrawny myspace kids that think they're buff because they have abs lol.

lol no man

Nicholas

The answer is no. That wouldn't solve a single one of my problems. And I'm sure it wouldn't solve any of your major problems either, otherwise you wouldn't be here. I don't think anyone here is sad and anxious only because you they don't have great abs...

phil91

Not really, I don't really like the look of having bulging, massively defined, 'ripped' muscles. But I'd get a confidence boost from having a slightly muscular, more 'toned' body. Doubt it would solve any of my problems though.

Silvox Black

Perhaps it would. I honestly cannot say. For one, I would finally have the strength to crush my enemies, on the other hand I am certain that I would have far more of an over sized sense of pride. When you combine that with my dark nature currently, it is a bad mixture. Also if I were to be muscular, then that would practically invalidate my entire life experience since the way I am now is influenced by my appearance.

Nack

Banned
I find having rock hard abs, displeasing and too much work to maintain. I like my faint abs that i have now though.

Why

ive been working out lately and my body image has improved alot, i like to check myself in the mirror alot now.... BUT
hasnt helped my social skills much

SAD

Danfalc

Banned
If it just makes you feel a tiny bit more confident about how you look,or maybe being untoned makes you feel insecure,then yeah it could give you a confidence boost.There is nothing wrong with taking pride in your appreance and wanting to improve on it.

Plus exercise is a really goof thing to do for depression also :)

206Raider

I don't need rock hard abs, I've almost always have been a little skinny so I would like to be toned and have been working out more to improve that but it's no huge deal to me.

Jake123

Banned
I've learned that boosting your confidence through physical appearance will just make you go crazy. You'll fixate on the next thing that you find wrong about yourself and feel the exact same way or even worse as you spiral into body dysmorphia. Of course it doesn't mean you shouldn't improve yourself if you want to, just do it for yourself and your health and not for confidence or what other people think.

iamthenra

Yeah it would help with my self esteem if I were about 40 pounds lighter and had abs of steel.... Like I tell everyone... "I'm in shape.....round is a shape! " Looking down at my body.....Hmmm??? I think I need a training bra...Dang I've got man boobs! I figure at my age, and the fact that I probably won't ever have a girl friend.... why bother improving my appearance other than making myself healthier...then again I'm not happy so why bother. :rolleyes: