Flying Feathers! Or, Trying to Change the World! - Journal/Rant thread

EscapeArtist

good on you for walking in the cold
as far as procrastinating, hey, at least you got some time with your dad, even if he can be kind of uhhhmm... whatever he can be. Lol.
I find that with procrastination, it's just that first step that you need to take. For example, tell yourself that you'll JUST take the papers out and set them next to you, and then when you've done that, shut the computer and you''ll JUST read over them.... Then maybe you'll work but ONLY for 10 minutes... and so on, enough to realize that it isn't that scary to get into. Then once you've started one project, all the others are easier, that's also important to keep in mind. Take it easy on yourself, too, don't over work yourself !

Nanita

Feathers I didn´t know that u play the guitar/sing!!!! I play guitar too.
Courtney Love, Patti Smith & Syd Barrett are my inspirations..

Feathers

Thanks for commenting ladies! :)

Well, quite a bit has happened, not sure what to post - some successes, some not-so-great things lol!

Met some great people, have been afraid to contact them though (though they said to contact them!!) Yikes!! Yeah, laugh away!! (I've been afraid of work I might need to do then or what they might say etc.) Overthinking it all again, most probably!!

*w*n*c*m, oh you'd be laughing your f@nny off this election-time here!!
Some crazy things were said, or done - I can now just roll my eyes at the absurdity of some of it yikes!!

Nanita, yeah, I've told you you play better than me though!! :) But I love singing and the guitar is a nice compadre for that!! The Beatles, Elvis, Rolling Stones, Dolly Parton, The Grease Musical and some others have been an inspiration for me!! (bad country songs included!! :)) Syd Barret is awesome too, those songs can be a bit tricky to play tho... (okay I only know one of theirs :))

Someone wants to do an interview with me, via one of my blogs, lol!! It's all online, but - lol??
I love doing interviews with people if I interview them, this is a novel concept lol!!
(I don't know what to say, how much, etc. It's an opportunity for more people to get inspired/get info about eco things, still... slightly scary lol!! I don't want to scare them too much, hm!!)
Hope I haven't rambled too much on their blog, haha!!

(At least now I can obsess over this rather than over my (non-existing but very confusing) love life, lol!! - Though it's probably not worth obsessing over, it's just a tiny project of theirs, right?)

w*n*c*a*m

Oh my!!! Somebody wants to interview you! You must be really good. I used to dream of being an interesting blogger too but have no eagerness to pursue it. :D

Feathers

lol!! :) Well, the funny thing is I almost gave up on this blog & fairly neglected it this year!! :)
(I wanted to make a new one, but haven't really gotten round to it yet!)

Oh, people have wanted to interview me before, in my own country, but I shied away from it, kinda!
(What with my dad not wanting any 'press' - he doesn't understand English though, so ha!)

Blogging can be a lot of work, it can be a lot of FUN too! :) I've met some interesting people online, it's almost just like here but with MORE pictures! :)
I'd love to read your blog if you care to share a link? (Maybe via PM?)
And then maybe I can interview you, if you at all have any connection to my blog's theme?

MikeyC

Feathers! Good luck with the interview. It will be unnerving but I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. :)

Feathers

Oh, it's an online interview, I'm just supposed to write the answers! :)

I've probably managed to make this look much bigger than it really is! :) Thank you tho!!
It's a bunch of 'big questions' and 'detail questions' so I guess I could write 'a novel' and need to figure out a way to keep it short and sweet! :)

MikeyC

Oh, writing answers. That's wonderful! That eliminates the awkwardness of face-to-face talking and you can contemplate your answers before replying. Beautiful!

Nanita

Aaargh Syd Barett... Now u got me thinkin of him. Lovely him. His songs are kind of difficult to play yes!!

Last edited:

Feathers

lol Mikey, if you just don't contemplate too much!! :) Some of these questions/answers are very err, contemplative!!

Gah, I really need to check my e-mail more: ALL of them!! Yikes!!

Nanita, Shine On You Crazy Diamond!! :) Can you tell, I'm hyper and haven't slept yet lol?!!
/I know he didn't write it, still, it's a beautiful song!! :)/

Feathers

There was a show about toxicology on TV today, my dad thinks the wood was treated with something iffy (many years ago) in my bedroom that could be causing problems, the toxicologist said they can come and test your house/flat/room too... and if the substance in the wood treatment used then is forbidden now, measures can be undertaken... I'm thinking about calling the company that makes that..
I've had troubles sleeping and often woke up groggy...
It's good to get informed.

Just thought to mention it to anyone else that might benefit from this.

MikeyC

Damn, if you're waking up groggy all the time, that a good course of action right there. Hopefully everything is alright.

MollyBeGood

There was a show about toxicology on TV today, my dad thinks the wood was treated with something iffy (many years ago) in my bedroom that could be causing problems, the toxicologist said they can come and test your house/flat/room too... and if the substance in the wood treatment used then is forbidden now, measures can be undertaken... I'm thinking about calling the company that makes that..
I've had troubles sleeping and often woke up groggy...
It's good to get informed.

Just thought to mention it to anyone else that might benefit from this.

We have lead paint here in the states that is very toxic and was used in homes all the time and there is mold that can cause serious issues for people too. I used to think all the time about these things causing problems for me, allergies and respiratory diseases :( I hope you get some testing done and let us know what you find out.
I have mercury fillings in my teeth and this scares me a lot. I wish like heck I could get them out. It's very expensive and difficult to even find a dentist that will handle the extractions of mercury due to it's toxicity. I also worry about water quality in my new place though they say they test it daily. It sure doesn't make my hair feel very good though. Must be all the chlorine. I hate chemicals! :mad:

Happy New Year Feathers! Hope you feel better soon, hun.

1BlackSheep

I didn't know you had a journal until today, Feathers! I really enjoy your posts because they're so full of energy and useful info!

Since you are such a good writer and blog, is this something that you could possibly get paid to do? I've read that there are paid blogger jobs!

Not sure which country you are from (somehow I imagine you as being from Germany!), but do you have many eco home builders/remodelers? Here in the US, "green building" is becoming very big business! Maybe you could work for this type of company, advising customers on eco-friendly building products?

I can so relate to your situation with living with your family. I did that for years and it was very difficult. I get along with my folks much better now that I don't live with them anymore (but I had a bit of financial luck along the way)!

Looking forward to reading your continuing life adventures!

Feathers

Thank you for the lovely words everyone! :) And for your concern/appreciation!

I really appreciate it!!

Sometimes I don't know what to write then :) I'm thinking about what you wrote though!
(And may write more in PMs!)

Mikey, sometimes I didn't wake up groggy but generally feeling good but like with a feeling of 'apathy' or just not wanting to get up :) It could be other factors though too... Moutaingirl, I can relate! Happy New Year to you all too!! :)

1BlackSheep, thank you for the kind words! I got along with parents much better when I lived away from them too!
There is a lot of 'greenwashing' in the 'green building'/green biz industry, I don't know how compatible I would be with that... (I may know too much already to be able to just do 'good PR'!)

Still haven't dared to call the factory, been busy with some other things too...
I do see it's better when I air the room every day... (Problem is the air outside is sometimes worse then inside, yikes!) The toxicologist and dad said the worn out old synthetic materials (eg floor carpeting) can give off particles that attach to dust, so this can be a factor too... I think it's better now that I vacuumed and removed a lot of the synthetic stuff (old clothes etc) from the 'surface'... I had no idea synthetic materials could do that...

My sleeping patterns have still been somewhat err, erratic...

Off to sleep now, very sleepy... Take care everyone!! ((Hugz))

Feathers

I've been wondering whether to update here or elsewhere...

Warning: RANT!! :)

Life has been stressful, much has piled up... I feel like there's so many things to do (all pretty much for free of course yikes!!) Money could probably be found, but that's a whole 'nuther effort again, yikes!! Who's eco enough that we CAN take money from? & to maintain freedom alongside it all?

Except if we manage to eliminate money system like Phocas suggested? :) (not really sure HOW though lol http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/change-the-world-29178/ )

I was really disappointed with some people for not being so eco as I thought they would be... I understand them partly too, but it's still disappointing... I know they probably needed the money but you can't EAT money RIGHT??

Sometimes it's difficult if one feels so disillusioned... It's been a week of shocking surprises and revelations I think?? lol!!
(and neighbours got some wood so it's been LOUD at times too, yikes!!)

And sometimes it's not so easy to tell how to GO about things... who to trust, etc.

I was feeling kinda angry and resentful lately... (no wonder my teeth hurt lol, I read somewhere that anger can manifest this way haha - though it's better now that I looked at some helpful threads/sites lol)

Sometimes I wonder if there's sense to try and do something about it all, or just leave it all and go live my life... Spring is coming... It's soo beautiful out here sometimes... (And then I found some dumped trash on my walks and it just TICKED me yikes!!) So there wasn't that much joy or motivation even to go for walks (again!)

I haven't really dated for a few years (relatives or possibly eco-spies trying to hit on me doesn't count!) I know it sounds bizarre even as I write it - seriously, I started writing fiction again, just to vent some of my frustration into it!!!

I don't see myself as having enough energy to do all the things I want to do (and what others want me to do too) I might need some help in prioritizing and delegating etc. I'm not really that good at those, hm. (Thank you mum!)

Gah, I don't dare to write some stuff out here in the public, just know I'm still alive & kickin' (but seriously pissed off sometimes yikes lol). Okay, that doesn't sound the way I meant it to??

It seems like each time I figure out how to do something, another 'level' is lifted (like in those games you don't know how to get through?) I've figured out many things, and we could do soo much more - it just gets FRUSTRATING at times, GRR!!

I can be pretty BADASS and stubborn tho, so huh??

/rant over??

coyote

i've never been hit on by an eco-spy

there was this one Russian woman i met in Kyoto during the cold-war

she smoked Marlboros

MikeyC

Spring is coming... It's soo beautiful out here sometimes... (And then I found some dumped trash on my walks and it just TICKED me yikes!!)
That would tick me off, too. Seeing beautiful scenery, then seeing a whole lot of dumped trash. It's not a pretty sight.

Sounds like you have to get a lot of your chest, Feathers.

Feathers

lol Coyote & Mikey thanks :)

Well Coyote how do you know?? :)
(People don't actually up & tell you lol... Thought you were possibly an eco-spy at first too, lol!!)

Maybe it was just all Imagination though anyway... I can haz BIG imagination!! :)

Yeah, we have beautiful nature here... Not sure if I dare venture outside though lol?

Feathers

The weather is grey and rainy-ish, no wonder cranky again (there have been good times inbetween, just haven't posted about it :))

Another relative died, and we heard of some more deaths of people close to other people, an uncle got ill, and grr... I just hate it, all those people died prematurely or got ill... (because they didn't choose to live so healthy in the past, or partly the present too...) I want it to stop!!

I've felt rather powerless at times (or very cross!) tho some good things have happened too...
(and one does see that effort does make some effects... it still feels like - ugh!! so much MORE could be done!!)

Really angry that some people just want me to do things 'for free' (and in a very non-chalant way!) 'oh it's just this little bit' - hey! (I wouldn't mind it if EVERYONE were doing things 'for free', but even then, some respect and consideration ARE nice!!)
/Especially if they've been doing careless and not-eco things with their money!!/
I'm not a Google Translate button or vending machine grr!!

I enjoy helping people for free sometimes too, just not always and for everything one may think of??
And a 'Thank you' is nice to hear!! Meant to write some more uplifting stuff but this phone call really made me go 'ugh' again!! yikes!! /So, sorry, another rant! :)/

Sunny Spring, come back!! :)