Firefox 4

Luke1993

Firefox prompted me to download the latest version, finally I caved....

God the address bar UNDER the tabs!? I still can't wrap my head around it...

Entangled

I like it! I didn't lose any of my add-on's and I've gotten use to the new tab location now.

Newtype

Firefox prompted me to download the latest version, finally I caved....

God the address bar UNDER the tabs!? I still can't wrap my head around it...

View => Toolbar => Uncheck "Tabs on Top".

Also, if you want the status bar back, get the Status-4-Evar add-on. No tweeking required.

Last edited:

awkwardamanda

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the tabs on top until I figured out how to change it. Also, the home and reload buttons seemed to disappear. I was like, WTF?! But when I clicked customize toolbar they reappeared at the opposite end of the page and I had to move them before they'd stay visible.

Luke1993

View => Toolbar => Uncheck "Tabs on Top".

Also, if you want the status bar back, get the Status-4-Evar add-on. No tweeking required.

Yes thank you very much a godsend :D

Any particular reason why they needed to update to a version 4?

MollyBeGood

Firefox is my favorite browser but I cannot use it (firefox 4)cuz of my 64 bit windows isn't compatable yet so I have to use IE which is such a let down. *cries*

Aussie_Lad

Any particular reason why they needed to update to a version 4?

Firefox 3.x wasn't really all that competitive on the speed tests compared to other browsers, Firefox 4 goes some way towards getting the speed back to make it more competitive.

ps. I upgraded to Chrome prior to FF4 coming out (as Facebook was super laggy on FF3), and it would take a bit to get me to go back to FF now.

Newtype

Firefox 4 is not really that much faster. While I'm browsing, I don't notice any difference in speed. Opening Firefox for the first time after you boot up Windows is different though. Before, you clicked to open it and you had to wait like 15 seconds (at least for me). Now, it only takes 5 seconds, but unlike before, once the Firefox window appears, the browser is not yet fully loaded, so there's really no difference from before. It's just a gimmick.

Last edited:

Luke1993

Firefox 3.x wasn't really all that competitive on the speed tests compared to other browsers, Firefox 4 goes some way towards getting the speed back to make it more competitive.

ps. I upgraded to Chrome prior to FF4 coming out (as Facebook was super laggy on FF3), and it would take a bit to get me to go back to FF now.

I actually had no idea browsers had anything to do with internet speed, I thought that was just your internet.

coyote

i made the leap

my new Firefox doesn't seem all that much more sleek and shiny

perhaps i need to feed it more omega-3's

coyote

i'm having a problem with my cute, new little Firefox 4

it seems that when I type, I get these ghost cursor lines appearing in a trail across the screen

especially when backspacing to make corrections

very frustrating

any ideas?