Finally!

LeDiskoLove99

So after one too many panic attacks and being scared of doing something normal people do every single day I decided to stop trying to deal with everything on my own and get some help.

I called the department of human services in my county and I'm having them mail me an application for medicaid. So this means that hopefully I'll have insurance soon, because lets face it I live with my mom, and I barely make any money right now, I need insurance of some kind. So once I get that I'm going to start therapy, yet again, and this time I plan on sticking with it.

And soon I'm going to have a doctors appointment to get me back on my medication. Medication that in the past has really helped me. So it's time to stop just getting by and to actually DO something about things.

And on another note, I have a question. Has anyone ever tried Concerta and Celexa together? I know Celexa has worked really well for me, for depression and anxiety, and Concerta has helped my ADD big time but I'm not quit sure how they work together. So has anyone tried them together?

Anyway, it's been a long time coming, and this time I'm going to stick with it and not give up when I get frustrated. :bigsmile:

Pardon the extra positivity today is a cheerful day apparently haha.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Sounds like a great start! Wishing you the best of luck! No need to apologize for having some extra positivity. If anything, you should share a little. ;)

MikeyC

This sounds awesome. I hope everything works out. :)

Therapy takes time - don't expect an instant cure - but it's a great start, and being on medication that you knew helped you in the past can only be a good thing. :D

Quietguy11

I believe you're making a smart choice. I ultimately did the same thing. I just couldn't take feeling miserable all the time so I made a list of all my symptoms and showed it to a psychiatrist (because I'm not really that good with explaining my symptoms verbally) so from that point on he tried me on different medications until we found the combination that worked best. One of the medications I am taking actually is 30mg of Celexa. It reduces anxiety symptoms significantly in comparison to what my anxiety was like before I went on that medication. I wish you all the best at finding peace and living the healthiest life you can live.

mismeek

Yaay! i'm happy for you! There are a lot of OTHER people who need to step up and get themselves some help.