Feeling more and more isolated.

SmileMore

I have absolutely no life left in me. Even getting out of bed in the morning is an effort now. I really just don't want to exist anymore. I can't live like this. Feeling alone and depressed every day is not a life. When i'm off work all i do is look up ways to kill myself on the internet. There really is no point in me being here. Nobody would care that much if i wasn't anyway.

Ignace

I'm sorry you feel that way.:sad: Have you sought professional help ? This is not something you will be able to defeat on your own.

SmileMore

I'm sorry you feel that way.:sad: Have you sought professional help ? This is not something you will be able to defeat on your own.

I really don't see the point, plus there's no way i could just go and ask for help anyway.

neardeath

There is no shame in asking for help for this illness. It might help.

There must be something you would enjoy doing? Something you would hope to do if you could?

I hope you take the risk and ask for help somewhere. You made a start by sharing this here.

MikeyC

I really don't see the point, plus there's no way i could just go and ask for help anyway.
The point of asking for help is to get better. You said you have nothing left in you, so in turn, what do you have to lose?

Looking up ways to suicide is not healthy, as you probably know.

Seek help.

Hang in there, don't kill yourself...there is too much of a risk of it going wrong. imagine waking up a cripple if it goes wrong, a fate worse then death in some cases. you would still be just as miserable but have less freedom and independence.

I have absolutely no life left in me. Even getting out of bed in the morning is an effort now. I really just don't want to exist anymore. I can't live like this. Feeling alone and depressed every day is not a life. When i'm off work all i do is look up ways to kill myself on the internet. There really is no point in me being here. Nobody would care that much if i wasn't anyway.

You've talked of this before, I remember. I can tell you must be in a great deal of pain, mentally, and I have to be honest with you and tell you that I very highly suggest seeking therapy for this. It's not healthy for you. And what I'm about to say might not be very tactful but I have good intentions, I promise. A long time ago, when I was a fireman I saw a fair amount of suicides and some of them were really gruesome. It really bothers people and launches them into their own depression and other problems when a loved one finds them dead, the person who died might not be in pain anymore but their survivors have their own personal hell to go through. It's also depressing for the emergency personnel who respond to these incidents, I know this all too well. There has been two suicides in my family that I remember and their spouses and children as well as their parents hold themselves accountable to this day. I absolutely do not condone suicide by any means and the point of me typing the above things are to give you a different perspective on it. Please think about all this. There are plenty of reasons others have listed in this thread to seek help, it's not a sign of weakness, I think it takes a braver person to get help.

jigglypuff

I know exactly how you feel!
I have looked up ways on how to kill myself but never tried to attempt them (not because I'm scared but I kinda have another plan). There's not a day that goes by without me thinking on how I should commit suicide to be honest I always wish for death to come soon (especially in those moments when I feel like crying). You should go to therapy (that's what I'm doing it somehow helps) seeking help is a good thing. I'm sure people care. Therapy is not for weak people.

Feathers

SmileMore,

Do you know that more than 4 or 5 hours behind the computer can cause depression and other things? Not sure if this is a factor, just remembered it when I saw your cute avatar! There was a study about it
Why using a computer can cause depression | Mail Online
For me, it helped to be less online and in RL some more... (even if just doing things like gardening or cooking/food prep or such)

If you already have work, maybe try to find other opportunities for meeting interesting people, like Meetup or volunteering etc.

Please consider therapy too...
Also check out this website: they have a phone line in many countries and/or internet help Home | Befrienders

Hope things get better!

SmileMore

SmileMore,

Do you know that more than 4 or 5 hours behind the computer can cause depression and other things? Not sure if this is a factor, just remembered it when I saw your cute avatar! There was a study about it
Why using a computer can cause depression | Mail Online
For me, it helped to be less online and in RL some more... (even if just doing things like gardening or cooking/food prep or such)

If you already have work, maybe try to find other opportunities for meeting interesting people, like Meetup or volunteering etc.

Please consider therapy too...
Also check out this website: they have a phone line in many countries and/or internet help Home | Befrienders

Hope things get better!

No offence but having SA kind of prevents going out and meeting people.

I have no interest in therapy. I know people who've had it and they said it just made things worse.

sowa

Hi SmileMore. I know where you're at. It's a hard place to get out of, and I still think of ending it sometimes. I always worry that it'll go wrong, and I'll end up a vegetable, etc. I got tired of therapy/talking to others about my problems that they obviously didn't understand. I would suggest going to a regular doctor and telling them you want to try anxiety/depression meds. Don't ask, TELL them. You might have to "shop around" to find the right doctor who prescribes the right meds. I went through a couple who weren't very understanding and gave me stuff that actually made things worse. Think of them like a department store and you're the customer. If you're unsatisfied, go to another. They're a dime a dozen. What ended up working for me was daily Celexa w/occasional Xanax. I'm not that fond of the Celexa or it's side effects anymore, but Xanax is a wonder drug. It helps immensely. Hope things look up for you soon :D

Feathers

No offence but having SA kind of prevents going out and meeting people.

I have no interest in therapy. I know people who've had it and they said it just made things worse.

Well, people on this site have varying degree of problems, some have even managed to go to a Meetup or to a support group etc.

There are many different kinds of therapy, it also depends on the therapist.
I think some people reported that CBT therapy helped them.

If you have no interest in those, maybe some books can still be helpful. For me, books like Depression for Dummies or Anxiety for Dummies were quite helpful (even though they're titled not-so-great).

noaalessi

There really is no point in me being here. Nobody would care that much if i wasn't anyway.

What are the underlying reasons for you feeling this way? Have you tried to sort those out yet by actually telling those people how you feel? Talking actually helps a lot you know.

I guess it boils down to you feeling rejected and not knowing how to deal with that.

In reality, no one has rejected you, and there is no way for you to feel bad about that. You're needed in this world, you still have a major role to play here. Seek help and help others, learn to find value in yourself (core values) and stick to them. I'm sure that's a very good start to transforming your life.

Good luck! :thumbup:

waterPlease

Seriously,answer the truth: how much water do you drink in a daily basis? Depression, feeligs of lonelyness, extremely sadness,.. can easily be reversed just by drinking 8 glasses of water and a little bit of natural pure salt in the tongue ,first. Search : "your body's many cries for water". Brilliant and simple. The results? See it yourself and be amazed:)

jaim38

This is how I feel too. I think there's no point in my life because it feels like a bunch of spirits/gods/entities are out to get me. What's the chance of a human winning against supernatural forces? Almost nill, I tell you. My life has already been screwed over, f*cked over at least twice. I'm not looking forward to the future because it might be even worse than the past.

Quietguy11

I've felt isolated and alone for a long time, and I still do from time to time, except now I basically force myself to keep myself occupied. Isolation only counts as isolation when you are not doing anything productive in that isolation. If you are exercising your brain in any way, shape or form while being by yourself, then you are not isolating yourself. You are strengthening your mind. I may play a lot of video games and read anime in Japanese sub, but I am constantly reading. I feel that my reading ability has sped up a great deal since I started reading so much. My advice for you is to get motivated. I know that's easier said than done, but find something that you are gifted at, and exercise it. You don't have to be social to be achieve stuff in life. A social personality helps, but it is not the all and all necessity for success. Find what you are good at, whether it be drawing, painting, sports, jogging, reading, writing, whatever it is that you enjoy, and goal toward perfecting your talent.

If you are waking up every day feeling uneasy with anxiety and mental pressures, then I would suggest talking to your family doctor about a medication called Ativan. When my anxiety gets bad, I take two tablets, and it gets me through the entire night. (Night time is when my anxiety is at its worse for some reason?)